February 10th, 2009

Palin won't be making CPAC appearance

Palin will not be attending this year’s CPAC, confirm organizers.
Palin will not be attending this year’s CPAC, confirm organizers.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin will not be attending the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington later this month, her office confirmed to CNN Tuesday.

The Alaska governor had been expected to serve as the headline attraction at the three day event, which is also scheduled to include conservative icons like Newt Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh, and Ann Coulter. The presidential straw poll conducted at the annual Washington gathering is widely viewed as a reliable bellwether of conservative support. Several of the GOP’s past - and potentially future - presidential hopefuls are also slated to address the gathering, including Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney and Ron Paul.

Palin spokesman Bill McAllister did not give a reason for the governor's decision, but did agree with one organizer's explanation that it would be difficult for the governor to visit in the middle of the state’s legislative session.

The former Republican vice presidential candidate, who recently launched SarahPAC to assist conservative candidates and cultivate a national network of supporters, visited Washington late last month to attend the exclusive Alfalfa Club dinner and several private events.

Filed under: CPAC • Extra • Sarah Palin
  1. Ex-Republican

Maggie,

If Palin is above us, then I sure am happy to be down here...because if Palin is who's at the top, then the people 'above' me are obviously morons.

Palin Was, IS and always WILL be a national joke. She raises children that have children with druggies and she is convicted of ethical violations.

I suggest you set your standards for your idols a bit higher. I wouldn't let her raise my children or my dog (they would end up pregnant before they hit puberty if I did), let alone run my country, state, city, or even a lemonade stand. Everyone would be given a bag of dope and a racist speech as they departed.

February 10, 2009 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  2. Mark in FL

hmmm... only 7 states not in the RED....and Alaska is one of them....

I for one am rooting for a Mom with an envelope budget.....and less likely to spend my future grandkids money....

I BETCHA Californian would not be in 28 billion debt....if Sarah was in charge

February 10, 2009 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  3. anon

Looks like Sarah's PAC members are working hard on this blog promoting her ....

February 10, 2009 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  4. JT

you are right kevin – in four years alaska will be better off, cuz part time governor palin will be two years in the rear view mirror – her term is up in 2010, and she will not run, much less win, at that time. count on it.

February 10, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  5. Putin still invading Alaskan airspace between Palin's ears

She (also) probably lied again (too) so she could go to Washington (Outsider that she is ... Bless her heart), pal around with terrorists again and start appreciatin' and readin' the mainstream, elite media.

February 10, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  6. Jared Dietrich

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    CARESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

February 10, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  7. Mike in Philly

"Palin is soooooooooo much above all of you guys and dolls that you are finding it difficult to really understand her views."

I understand them; I just don't like (most of) them. Nice elitist attitude, BTW ...

February 10, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  8. Mike Dallas

Dear God,

Would you schedule a small Raputure event. We will lure Palin in with free clothes and camera face time!

Please wait until AFTER the straw poll is taken, the winner will be the anti-Christ.

Prayerfully yours,
    America

February 10, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  9. Bobby

Ray....what r u smoking?????????????

February 10, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  10. Matthew, Detroit

Barack is a liar...Fact.

February 10, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  11. Bill Dritz

As one of my friends once said, some people know better than to go where they aren't wanted.........

February 10, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  12. 2010

Palin wouldn't know what to say as she'e not handled by the Bush operatives anymore. Ya betchya!

February 10, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  13. thinker

I don't know why people hate Palin. She is gorgeous. Laughing out loud.

February 10, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  14. Cheryl

How right you are Aimee!! I agree with you 100%.

Also I am so sick of the Palin bashing. There are certainly alot of mindless people out there that let the left media like MSNBC mold their brains! I am sick of all of you left wing liberals who think your opinion is the only opinion. It is the USA and we are all entitled to our opinion on who we vote for and who we support. We should be using facts not hurting words. That is not bringing us together. Sarah Palin is someone's daughter, someone's wife, someone's mother and someone's sister. And she is an elected official. How would you like someone talking about your daughte r, wife, mother, sister or governor the way some of you throw around your garbage. Shame on you!

February 10, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  15. arithmetic is liberal

Thanks for the talking points, Maggie!

February 10, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  16. Hope

i am very surprised as she has made it a hugh priority to be in whatever spot light she could get into.
    maybe the 'EYE ON PALIN' movement scared her away.

February 10, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  17. Matthew, Detroit

Maybe we can get Nancy Pelosi to put on a wolf costume. Then we can shoot her from a helicopter.

February 10, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  18. Swallowbrook

Palin is SO 2008; her national aspirations ended last November. She'll be "Sarah WHO?" by summer's end.

February 10, 2009 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  19. Lost in Texas FOREVER

SILLY RABBIT!!

February 10, 2009 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  20. Wade

To all of you Sarah Fans: Get a grip and get informed from a source other than Limbough or Coulter. She has consistently proven herself a ditz, and by default that makes her fans no less intelligent. Africa is and continent not a country. I knew that when I was in grade school. I wonder if she can read an analogue watch....

February 10, 2009 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  21. Matthew, Detroit

Sarah Palin has 80% support of her consituents. Barack is at 65% and dropping.

But he is a good cheerleader. He works well on stage. Now tell him to get his bony butt behind a desk and get to work

February 10, 2009 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  22. Dennis

I'm just looking forward to her daughters wedding. I wonder if Rush will attend?

February 10, 2009 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  23. Jared Dietrich

I swear, if I have to hear or see someone write about Palin becoming our next President, Im gonna throw my shoes at all of you!!! She is fundementally inept in every aspect of politics and sanity. I loath her and everything she stands for. Those who follow her should be tested for mental retardation. Ohhh, thats gonna start a fire!

February 10, 2009 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  24. Zion

The so-called Conservative icons are the reason why the Republicans lost....especially that vote of color.

February 10, 2009 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  25. Jean

The stock market just dropped 400 points because Obama and his crew do not have a clue what they are doing and you clowns are worried about Sarah Palin.

Has Obama's presidency already failed?

A teleprompter at a press conference, are you kidding me?

Are you enjoying that cool slick speaking Chicago guy?

What a bunch of losers.