February 10th, 2009

Palin won't be making CPAC appearance

Palin will not be attending this year’s CPAC, confirm organizers.
Palin will not be attending this year’s CPAC, confirm organizers.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin will not be attending the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington later this month, her office confirmed to CNN Tuesday.

The Alaska governor had been expected to serve as the headline attraction at the three day event, which is also scheduled to include conservative icons like Newt Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh, and Ann Coulter. The presidential straw poll conducted at the annual Washington gathering is widely viewed as a reliable bellwether of conservative support. Several of the GOP’s past - and potentially future - presidential hopefuls are also slated to address the gathering, including Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney and Ron Paul.

Palin spokesman Bill McAllister did not give a reason for the governor's decision, but did agree with one organizer's explanation that it would be difficult for the governor to visit in the middle of the state’s legislative session.

The former Republican vice presidential candidate, who recently launched SarahPAC to assist conservative candidates and cultivate a national network of supporters, visited Washington late last month to attend the exclusive Alfalfa Club dinner and several private events.

Filed under: CPAC • Extra • Sarah Palin
  1. KFR

Sara go home and stay home, I do not know what you are up to and do not care. I knew you would manage to get you name in the media again, what has it been not quite one week. You do not have my vote or the votes of my family or friends.

February 10, 2009 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  2. kelvin

The jug eared clueless boy wonder won. Why are you liberals so afraid of Palin?
    Could it be cover for the complete and utter ineptitude and weakness that Obama exudes?
    Buyers remorse, for sure.

February 10, 2009 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  3. Leah DiMarco, Texas

I pray every day that the GOP will put Palin up as their 2012 presidential candidate...
    then President Obama will win by a huge landslide and all of the USA will turn BLUE ;)

Obama 2012

February 10, 2009 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  4. southerncousin

Soccer Nana@The way you make these people sound, they should be inviting Charlie Rangle, William Jefferson, Tim Geithner and Tom Daschle to their meeting too. Maybe throw in Dan Rostenkowski (well known Chicago sleazeball), Blago (another Chicago sleazeball) Harold Ford Sr. (Memphis sleazeball), and the biggest sleaze ball of all Bill Clinton.

February 10, 2009 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  5. Wayne, Greenville TX

It's the biggest gathering of idiots since the RepubliKKKan Convention last summer.....

February 10, 2009 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  6. Dan

Brandon please don't comment on Alaska Politics because you clearly don't know what's going on in alaska. We have a pretty good idea why palin won't be traveling down to the lower 48...Republicans and democrats who have governorship election aspirations have been attacking her at every corner.

I know this comment section is filled with a bunch of mindless liberals but I just wanted to clear some things up.

You may now continue with your usually insults about the Governor...

OMGZ sara is an idiot.... How did I do? It's 4th grade all over again.!

February 10, 2009 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  7. jill

STOP THE PALIN HATE :(

February 10, 2009 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  8. TT

Peggy you not talking about the Palin we know. air head?

February 10, 2009 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  9. Aimee

I can't believe there is so much hatred for Sarah Palin when Nancy Pelosi is on a terror destroying the country. It just goes to show how uneducated most of the voting public really is. I hope the democrats enjoy Nancy while she runs this economy in the toilet. Congratulations, she's all yours!!

February 10, 2009 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  10. Terry

So much hate on such a small page

February 10, 2009 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  11. Eric

WHO CARES, STOP REPORTING ABOUT SARAH PALIN!

Please, CNN, just stop reporting about her.

Sincerely,

America

February 10, 2009 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  12. EricJames/NY

Come on guys, she's really not that bad! Think of all the humor she's brought to our lives.......KEEP 0N TRUCKING SARAH!

February 10, 2009 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  13. Carol

HONESTLY... YOU LOST!!! GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!!! WHO REALLY CARES WHAT YOU DO ANYMORE? GO SHOOT A WOLF...OR BETTER YET, STAY HOME AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS!!!!!!

February 10, 2009 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  14. Kevin

Wow, a conservative is getting trashed at CNNs web site – There's irony in that.

My guess is, in 4 years, Alaska will be far better off than the United States in general..... Who'll be laughing then??

February 10, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  15. Stephanie

Wow, avoiding her friends that love her.

February 10, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  16. Augustus

This article makes it looks like Sarah cancelled but CPAC typically invites a roster of conservatives and then advertises to attendees based on their invite list, not their confirmed speaker list. This is the biggest non story I recall having read.

Sarah Palin will be the Reagan to Obama's Jimmy Carter.

February 10, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  17. bsmith171

not too smart on palin's part.

February 10, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  18. Stephanie

Finally! I think shes slowly beginning to accept her 15 min are up. Go Romney 2012!

February 10, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  19. Mark

Very mavericky of her!

February 10, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  20. Francisco Cardenas

Palin is a social conservative ... and that's about all the conservative credentials she has ... Rominey and Huckleberry are still playing the same GOP game ... if they had any credibility at all for running the country they wouldn't be running around with Ann Coulter.

February 10, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  21. Don in Boynton Fl

The hate mongers don't even want her..... GO AWAY SARAH

February 10, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  22. boob is boob backward and forward

Newt Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter, and that hater ilk is why the Dems got such a huge vote in this election . The RNC really ought to get out of the circus business and get some spin from some respectable people soon.

February 10, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  23. rich

If I was your finacial advisor,and after some years my advice left you broke,I would be ashamed and I would quit.If I was your quarterback and at the end of the season i had more interceptions than completions and no wins, I would be ashamed and quit.If i was a republican I would be ashamed and hope whoever replaced me could do better.But to think that anyone should listen to me after my failed policys is crazy.And to not support my relacement would be even more crazy,for whom am i to speak.And if my party then became a minority party forever i wouldnt be the least bit surprised. So Sarah if you want a chance you might want to start your own party,because the GOP is shrinking as fast as the economy.

February 10, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  24. GA Independent

Who Cares said:
    The concentrated EVIL in that room might actually open a gate to Hell within that building.

Yeah – think it could be used to blast Wall Street to another galaxy?

February 10, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  25. Fan of Common Sense

If she is such a publicity hound, why is she staying home and doing her job when she could be in D.C. basking in the limelight? Maybe it's because she loves her constituents more than she does beltway politics.

Forget vice president.....this woman should be PRESIDENT!!......but that would mean REAL change in Washington D.C. and we certainly can't have that, now can we?

February 10, 2009 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |