February 11th, 2009

Bill Ayers has an idea for Palin

Palin highlighted Obama's connection to Bill Ayers during the presidential campaign.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin once accused Barack Obama of “palling around with terrorists,” a catchphrase intended to highlight Obama’s connection to former Weather Underground member Bill Ayers.

Now that the campaign rhetoric has subsided, Ayers has an idea for a new show starring his Alaskan nemesis.

“I did send her a note after the election,” he says of Palin in the upcoming issue of the New York Times magazine. “I suggested that we have a talk show together called ‘Pallin’ Around With Sarah and Bill.’ I haven’t heard back.”

Ayers assiduously avoided interviews and press attention during the presidential race, but he insists the Obama campaign never told him to keep quiet.

“They apparently didn’t want to call me, and I certainly wouldn’t have initiated it,” he says.

According to Ayers, Obama’s election was “a strike against white supremacy.” But, he says, his victory doesn’t change the fact that “40 percent of black kids under 5 live in poverty.”

He also says that while he considers himself a radical, he believes Obama is “a moderate Democrat.”

“If you look at his record, it’s the record of a moderate, who indeed does know how to make compromises,” Ayers told the magazine.

Filed under: Extra • Sarah Palin
  1. Gerry In Toronto

Looks like Ayers has a sense of humor.

February 11, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  2. Cori

That's funny. I think I would've sent Palin a note too if she used me in her tactics during their campaign. Palin is a dirty politician and will always be seen as one...2012 will be interesting.

February 11, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  3. Survivor

Great sense of humor!! Come on Palin – it would be a hoot!

February 11, 2009 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  4. Simmy

I love it! She's already 'pallin' around with President Obama, whom he said was 'pallin' around with terrorists. She'd sell her soul for the spotlight.

February 11, 2009 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  5. LK in NJ

CNN, PLEASE POST MY COMMENT... THANKS

______________________________________________________
    I love it!

February 11, 2009 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  6. True Conservative

CNN.....it was bad enough you ignored this guy during the campaign
    Don't start not ignoring him now!!

February 11, 2009 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  7. Sue

That's cute...when she realizes she is going nowhere nationally, she may consider this...After all, she could have the Alaska secessionists come on and explain why they are "real Americans."

February 11, 2009 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  8. Lorna in Warminster PA

Now that I've stopped laughing....this made my day...how rich! What a fabulous idea!

February 11, 2009 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  9. California Gold

Talk radio is her calling. She is perfectly suited for talk radio. A female Rush Limbaugh.

February 11, 2009 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  10. CATINA

WHY WOULD CNN THINK THIS IS COOL TO HAVE THAT TERROIST ON IT WEB SIGHT.CNN YOU ARE SO HATEFUL SARAH PALIN ISNT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT LEAVE HER ALONE.BILL AYERS IS A SCARY MAN DONT GIVE RESPECT.

February 11, 2009 06:21 pm at 6:21 pm |
  11. not important

why does this matter?

February 11, 2009 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  12. neville robbin

Can't wiat to see this show. #1 in the ratings.

February 11, 2009 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  13. Robin

Any way you slice it, Bill Ayers is a domestic terrorist. You can't defend it.

Mr. Ayers participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, The United States Capitol building in 1971, and The Pentagon in 1972.

February 11, 2009 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  14. David Jacobson, New York NY

For God's sake, CNN- when are you going to stop covering Sarah Palin??!

The election ended 3 months ago, yet every day it's "Palin" this, "Palin" that. She's the Governor of ALASKA, not the frikkin' Pope!

February 11, 2009 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  15. Azzy

Knowing Caribue Barbie, I wouldn't be suprised if she did take the idea so she could have a few more precious minutes in the spotlight.

February 11, 2009 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  16. Sandy

There should be a show called Pallin around Sarah and Meth Dealers.

February 11, 2009 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  17. Ed Word

Sarah's out tromping around on the frozen tundra looking for that kid that was supposed to marry her daughter.

She'll get back to you later, Bil, you betcha'.

February 11, 2009 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  18. LYNETTE IN CA

heheheheheehee
    Love it!

My idea was for Palin and Blago to do the Surreal Life, but ...

February 11, 2009 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  19. Jen

Haha! Well, no one can say Bill Ayers doesn't have a great sense of humor. Brilliant.

February 11, 2009 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  20. July

‘Pallin’ Around With Sarah and Bill.’ I haven’t heard back.”

______________________________

You have not heard back from her .... because she is still trying to figure out what it means ....

February 11, 2009 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  21. Pam

too funny!

February 11, 2009 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  22. Dan Swanson

I like this idea ! It would be fun to watch these two fight it out. One an intellectual, the other a beauty queen. I am thinking comedy central would be the best forum.

February 11, 2009 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  23. Dylan from MN

Hahaha, that's good stuff.

February 11, 2009 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  24. Proud American

I think they should rename the show Pallin around with a moron.

February 11, 2009 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  25. Palin Power

Palin will become President Palin in 2012-2021 and will be America's GREATEST President of ALL TIMES! She will usher in Palinomics which will save the world from a global depression and will bring in the most glorious, golden, and prosperous age in America, even greater than Reaganomics and Clintonomics.

February 11, 2009 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |