February 11th, 2009

Bill Ayers has an idea for Palin

Palin highlighted Obama's connection to Bill Ayers during the presidential campaign.

(CNN) – Sarah Palin once accused Barack Obama of “palling around with terrorists,” a catchphrase intended to highlight Obama’s connection to former Weather Underground member Bill Ayers.

Now that the campaign rhetoric has subsided, Ayers has an idea for a new show starring his Alaskan nemesis.

“I did send her a note after the election,” he says of Palin in the upcoming issue of the New York Times magazine. “I suggested that we have a talk show together called ‘Pallin’ Around With Sarah and Bill.’ I haven’t heard back.”

Ayers assiduously avoided interviews and press attention during the presidential race, but he insists the Obama campaign never told him to keep quiet.

“They apparently didn’t want to call me, and I certainly wouldn’t have initiated it,” he says.

According to Ayers, Obama’s election was “a strike against white supremacy.” But, he says, his victory doesn’t change the fact that “40 percent of black kids under 5 live in poverty.”

He also says that while he considers himself a radical, he believes Obama is “a moderate Democrat.”

“If you look at his record, it’s the record of a moderate, who indeed does know how to make compromises,” Ayers told the magazine.

Filed under: Extra • Sarah Palin
  1. Ginny

Sounds like he is desperate to ride on her coattails...Get used to the people who want to steal your limelight Sarah! They know how many people post to a blog at the mere mention of your name!!!!
    Go Palin 2012.

February 11, 2009 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  2. Alicia

@ Get the facts straight....he is a Muslim.

February 11, 2009 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  3. Chris in Va.

@ Palin Power.....when they arrive please cooperate with the young men in the white uniforns with the big net and sleeveless jacket, they are there to help you.

February 11, 2009 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  4. SPisaLoooooooser

Keep Palin the best friend of Limpball , Anal Culter and First dud contained in Alaska fence the border , close her airspace Re:piehole since she can see Putin from her front door pull the drapes ./block the bridge and road to no where and shut her port hole by water .
    Keep the newspapers,books magazines she don't read.
    She will need the paper cutter and delete button for her emails don't want anyone reading the truth .

February 11, 2009 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  5. ap

to "Palin Power" that was hysterical!! I really got a great laugh from your message – it's just so funny – hah hah hah hah hah! good stuff.

February 11, 2009 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  6. Robin in SC

hahahahahahaha Thank you CNN!!! I can't believe I'm thanking you for the ad nauseum coverage of all things Sarah, but this one at least provided me with a laugh. Palin Around with ___________ ... too funny

February 11, 2009 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  7. Caligirl

LADY D February 11th, 2009 7:22 pm ET

I kinda like Bill even though what he did was wrong. He was standing up for what he believed in. He is a smart educated guy, that is probably why he is a professor.
    ____________________________________________________

I too can appreciate when somone stands up for what they believe in.

February 11, 2009 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  8. Mark

WHY ARE WE EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS WOMAN!!
    With the disastrous policies of the Obama presidency, President Palin will need until 2014 to undo the mess. It does no good to talk about her until closer to election time.

February 11, 2009 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  9. Jim Hall

CNN and the other media. I would like to see more topics on here about the woman in Ft. Meyers that told Obama about her and her children living in a car because they were homeless rather than stories about this village idiot Palin and the woman with the 14 kids that is ripping off the State of California and the federal government. What is she in line next for a government bail out in addition to the one that she already has? I watched the interview with the woman and the 14 kids last night on NBC and she is pathetic. Let her go to the Catholic church or the other religious fanatic churches and let them support her rather than build their gold domed churches and mega churches. So far none of them have offered to help her rather than state and federal aid which could be used for the homeless, disabled, and elderly. Lets talk about the real issues of this country Jim Hall Kansas City Missouri.

February 11, 2009 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  10. Steve (the real one)

David Jacobson, New York NY February 11th, 2009 6:23 pm ET
    For God's sake, CNN- when are you going to stop covering Sarah Palin??!
    --------------
    Your kidding, right? You are fussing about the coverage of Sarah Palin? I have yet to hear you complain about CNN's coverage of a man who blew up governments and regrets he didn't do more! Please tell me you are kidding!!!!

February 11, 2009 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  11. Franky

"Want to save money on your health insurance? Try the salad bar. In South Carolina obese people may soon have to start paying more for their monthly premiums."

I'm sorry but I just had to say something...are you f-- serious? Are you? You're telling me if Big State Governmentt is afraid that their people turn into Jessica Simpson, they are gonna charge their own tax dollars?? This is one of the most f-– ridiculous things I ever heard!! Talk about invading someone's privacy and not to mention, intrusion! Yeah, maybe fat people get a bad rep in this country and maybe that's the problem, instead of f-- getting solutions, they're gonna let Big Government control their lives? That is NOT Conservatism...

I just wanna say that here in my city, we have a fiscally conservative team in my Bears...if there's ANYONE out there who wanst to challenge the theory and see if it works, is right here BUT guess what? We don't charge our fans and tax dollars to have our players big, we don't pay our players big dollars because of our taxes(historically), etc. You know what we have? Balance!! We have been balanced since the beginning and nothing can take us away! For crying out loud, we have a Christian coach in Lovie Smith who raised in a rural area. Heck, while we may question his decision making, we NEVER question his commitment to the team. And he's the only Coach in all of the NFL who we have as a Conservative in beliefs and values. And for the record, the system in sports is quite different than the system in Washington...why? Because not only product, quality and resources become available, we know our options!! God, I'm pissed that South Carolina is considering that...they might as well intrude their computers, files and records just to see if they are following orders...THAT IS WRONG AND BAMA IS WRONG! You've got to be f-- me...I haven't wrote to our sources in Bama but watch, they are gonna get checked by EVERYBODY...that's our business, not yours...

February 11, 2009 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  12. jumbo

who cares what that fire bombing coward thinks ...

February 11, 2009 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  13. Kimberly

@ Ed Word~That was HILLARIOUS!!! HAHAHAHA, thanks for the laugh! And to Palin Power, can I just say its nuts like you that sealed the fate of the GOP, so thank you! WOW, do you have a shrine to her in your home? Reminds me of that guy that called Blago KOO KOO! Palin Power, you are KOO KOO KOO KOO

February 11, 2009 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  14. JakeD

Even Biden said, during the campaign, Biden, that he would seek to use his role as vice president to work actively with the Senate. When asked by CBS News' Katie Couric which vice president impressed him the most, Biden named Lyndon Johnson, who served as vice president during President John F. Kennedy’s first term.

"He was able to be a significant facilitator of a new frontier, new policy. People in the Congress knew him, knew he knew a lot," Biden said. "And so I hope one of my roles as vice president will be as the person actually implementing Barack Obama's policy. You gotta get the Congress to go along with it. And it's presumptuous to say, but I know it pretty well. And I think I am fairly respected on both sides of the aisle."

February 11, 2009 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  15. Sumar

I would support Bill Ayers for President before I would Sarah Palin.......

February 11, 2009 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  16. You people are "typical"

I love how you gutless sheep that worship the empty vessel that is Obama, hammer someone who has run a business, run a city and runs a state and was the nominee for VP of the United States.

Obama can only RUN his mouth, with a teleprompter of course.

Not one of you bleating sheep will EVER accomplish what she has accomplished in your pathetic lifetimes, so go sit at home and wait "for your Obama check", as the grownups that work for a living and actually PAY TAXES are blogging now.

You all hammer Palin, but not one of you gutless, never served a day in your life, SAY ANYTHING about Bill Ayers who is a domestic terrorist.

Mr. Ayers participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, The United States Capitol building in 1971, and The Pentagon in 1972 and he HOSTED Obama's coming out party and sat on boards with him.

But then again facts and many of you folks "don't get along very well".

One and done Barry.

01/22/2013

February 11, 2009 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  17. Leave Sarah alone, CA

She is keeping eyes on those Russians, and trying to figure out if South Africa is actually a country in Africa.

February 11, 2009 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  18. Caligirl

Get The Facts Straight February 11th, 2009 7:28 pm ET

Alicia – Jindal is a Christian…where do you get your news from, the woman who said Obama is an Arab at the McCain rally?
    _____________________________________________

I believe Alicia's remark was a jab at Palin; not Muslim's or Jindal. I too responded to Alicia's post and mentioned Jindal was Christian/Roman Catholic.

February 11, 2009 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  19. Patricia in Las Vegas

Is Professor Ayres punking Sarah? hehehe

February 11, 2009 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  20. Mike - North Carolina

Kay sounds like a card carrying member of the Grand-Ol-Palin (GOP) party. And all they have to offer us is their anger – anger at a world that continues to evolve, not as they will it to, but as it sees fit.

February 11, 2009 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  21. Bacchus99@aol.com

Thanks I needed a good laugh....... good for Ayers....... I dont admire what he did in the past at all but hes not a terrorist.

Palin needs to figure out how to feed the rural citizens of her state..... I wonder what her approval rating is with them?

February 11, 2009 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  22. Marie R

Ayers may pal around with her but Obama won't be.Campaining is one thing but dignity and respect is one and Palin had neither for Obama and there is not a doubt in my mind that he hasn't forgotten the way she campaigned.Accusing of him palling around with terriost and allow those hateful rants in her rallies say such things as kill him and he's a terriost.In all my life I have never seen such hate since Martin Luther King marches and to me that's what she wanted to see.Obama never once disrespected this woman not ONCE even when reporters tried to get him to comment about Bristol's pregagnancy he said the families where off limits.I think President Obama will contnue to respect her as a woman and a govenor and as the old saying goes you forgive but never forget the same as you keep your friends close but your enemies closer

February 11, 2009 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  23. 2 for Specter

Palin Power: Palin will become President Palin in 2012-2021 and will be America's GREATEST President of ALL TIMES! She will usher in Palinomics which will save the world from a global depression and will bring in the most glorious, golden, and prosperous age in America, even greater than Reaganomics and Clintonomics.
    /////////////
    Thanks for the laugh!
    However, it would not surprise me if she became President of Alaska after her husband and his group of great patriots succeed from our nation.

February 11, 2009 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  24. debra from Georgia

She here again, just go away already

February 11, 2009 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  25. Steve (the real one)

Kay February 11th, 2009 7:36 pm ET
    I mean, could anyone say anything more whacked-out than this?
    "Palin will become President Palin in 2012-2021 and will be America's GREATEST President of ALL TIMES! ….Palinomics….will save the world from a global depression and will bring in the most glorious, golden, and prosperous age in America…"
    ---------------------–
    Yes, Kay something is more whacked out! First, are you sure your not talking about Obama? After only three weeks folks like you have deemed him the greatest president ever who has come to save you, pay your mortage, and rock you to sleep! Now that is whacked out!

February 11, 2009 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |