February 12th, 2009

Gregg: 'I'm sure' I upset the White House

(CNN) - New Hampshire Sen. Judd Gregg acknowledged the White House is likely upset with him because he did not vote on the stimulus bill.

“I’m sure that’s true," Gregg said, adding he decided not vote for the White House-backed measure “because I gave my word to people.”

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Lush Limprick, the real head of the RNC

No one expected Gregg to break from the pack that wants :Obama to fail".

February 12, 2009 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  2. fearful for my country

Finally a man of integrity. This bill is just a way to line the pockets of the rich. They are throwing a bone to the unemployed by adding 25.00 to their checks and giving the people on foodstamps a little more. Well, gee, there's half of Obama's support group right there. He learned early how cheaply they can be bought. 15 million sell out for 25.00. What is this country coming to?

February 12, 2009 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  3. Robin

Mr. Gregg has principles. It was a bad fit.

February 12, 2009 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  4. albert from pennsylvania

It seems he planned all along to upset the whitehouse. I hope he is proud of himself. This is exactly why we elected Obama rather than the party of sabotage, intollerance, and bigotry.

February 12, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  5. chris from stl.

To whom did you give your word, Senator? Did you tell the President about it before taking the offer? Get real Senator.

February 12, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  6. Beverly, NYC

Who needs the Taliban, or Al Qaeda when we have Republicans willing to do what they can to make the country fails. How do you guys sleep at night?

February 12, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  7. Greg, San Francisco, CA

Guess he's following the lead of the new RNC head who said bipartisanship is overrated. Grand Old Party indeed.

February 12, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  8. watchdog

Gregg didn't cheat himself and US people. He is a good man.

February 12, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  9. March on Limbaughs Castle

Free lunch for the unemployed on April Fools day at 12.00noon.The mighty messiah Rush Limbaugh will take questions and tell us why hes against the unemployed.

February 12, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  10. clbridwell

A politician that keeps his word without hidden agenda. Must not have Clinton or Kennedy for a last name or be a democrat.

February 12, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  11. Paul, Riverside CA

“because I gave my word to people.”

Leave it to the GOP to act like little children in the face of a crisis. When America needs politicians to work with each other, you can bet the GOP will gladly kick AMERICA in the nuts.

I wonder if those "PEOPLE" will still have a senate seat after the 2010 electons.

February 12, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  12. Dave

I see absolutely no reason to confirm Gregg - he has made very clear his intentions to obstruct. If we want change we can believe in, we need people we can believe in and Gregg is not that person.

February 12, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  13. kayla

SHUT UP AND GO AWAY. YOU REPUG PUPPET.

February 12, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  14. Chris from NY

The media can spin this any how they want we know what happened. One thing the media has yet to learn is that half of us are educated. We know how to reason and think for ourselves. So, stop spinning this to make more of a news that it is or should be. Gregg dropped out from the nominations: good riddens.

February 12, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  15. Faith Restored

Don't flatter yourself lf Sen. Gregg. You are replaceable in the WH. Better go home and see about your re-election prospects with your constituents whom you just shat on not out of proclaimed principle but self-preservation. When will these bozos wake the hell up and realize the American people are no longer walking around like zombies and the eyes wide shut days of being bamboozled without accountability are over?

February 12, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  16. odysseus14

What a dork!

Instead of being the commerce secretary, in the position to influence policy, he stays lock step with the republicans. Who is the flip-flopper now? Yes I want it, No I don't because a dem might take my senate seat, Oh you'll replace me with a repub? Yes I want it. Now no I don't. God the republicans look ridiculous.

February 12, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  17. Mike Mundy, Houston, TX

What this says is that Obama will sound inclusive on TV and throw some red meat at gullable people, but behind closed doors, Obama isn't going to budge on ideas. I'm sure Nancy Pelosi had her hand in this as well. That Witch!

February 12, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  18. PC

You done GOOD, Gregg!

February 12, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  19. Arkansas Undertaker

This guys is toast! His career is over!

February 12, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  20. Deb

No Gregg everyone except the repubs thanks you.....God is certainly good he knew what was in your heart, Be careful come relection time the smirk maybe remove from your face

February 12, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  21. boered1

I gave my word to people.. just say rush don't try to PRETEND you really care about what anyone other than he says

February 12, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  22. Kaci

Again, politics. The GOP will eventually implode. Do they really think the American people can't see through this charade? It's likely Gregg received such a huge threat from the GOP and the potential to lose that seat in 2010, they folded. So much for "country first." I hope the constituents of Gregg see him for what he is.

February 12, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  23. Jon in CA

Don't apologize, Senator, for protecting the American taxpayer from preditory legislation!!

Let the Democrats OWN this bill completely. Harry and Nancy appear to be channeling Jimmy Carter when creating this clusterflack!!

February 12, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  24. r sisk, nevada

Just who did you give your word to? Limbaugh?

February 12, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  25. American Voice

Gregg was not a good idea at the first place- his nomination was done in interest of bipartisanship. GO For Clinton, I mean Bill Clinton.

February 12, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |