February 12th, 2009

Gregg: 'I'm sure' I upset the White House

(CNN) - New Hampshire Sen. Judd Gregg acknowledged the White House is likely upset with him because he did not vote on the stimulus bill.

“I’m sure that’s true," Gregg said, adding he decided not vote for the White House-backed measure “because I gave my word to people.”

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. REPUBS WANT FAILURE

WOW, NOW THESE ARE THE TRUE COLORS OF THE REPUBLICAN. NO WAY NO HOW WILL THEY EVER LET THE NEW ADMINISTRATION SUCCEED. WHAT WON'T THEY DO. LET ALL RIGHT WINGERS SEE THAT THIS IS ABOUT RACE, THE THOUGHT OF A 1/2 BLACK MAN BE PRESIDENT, OH MY GOSH THEY ARE SPITTING RAZOR BLADES AND CAN'T SEE PAST THE COLOR OF THIS MAN'S SKIN. MAKE NO MISTAKE IT WILL BE THEIR PARTY THAT CONTINUES TO BRING THIS COUNTRY DOWN. A SAW SOMETHING ABOUT A GROUP CALLING THEMSELVES AFP NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF WHITE RIGHT WINGERS TRYING TO TAKE BACK CONTROL OF WHAT THEY FEEL SHOULD BE REPUBLICANS ONLY. THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN THE KKK AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS SHOWING THEMSELVES TO BE LESS THE WHITE HOODS.

February 12, 2009 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  2. Know the facts

He gave his word to "people"? Which people did he give his word to??

February 12, 2009 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  3. pmb

wow, republicans really want the president to fail.

February 12, 2009 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  4. Marty, FL

No, Gregg, you upset the American people!

February 12, 2009 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  5. badger

Another repug terrorist, knowing he would have to toe the line at commerce he decided to stay an obstructionist with the rest of them.
    The Republican party has done more damage to our country then all the terrorist attacks combined.

February 12, 2009 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  6. Ex-Republican

Glad to see him run, he was one of the few horrid picks that Obama made. But to shut the worthless whiners up Obama was a stand up guy and offered them a few spots, even if they weren't deserving of them. The worthless, lazing whiners of the modern day GOP will pitch a fit over everything. They are Obstructionists and Drama Queens (hey, Pelosi and Reid are also Drama queens, but atleast they got something done this week, unlike the republicans, who just ran around crying like wretched animals).

February 12, 2009 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  7. JLucia

You gave your word to people? Who? Rush, McCain or ordinary americans. Please tell me who. This will soon backfire as it did on November 4th, 2008. Dirty politics resides only in the mind of the GOP. The president has been in office less than 25 days and from day one, members of the GOP have been in full blast to kill his popularity and american support.

February 12, 2009 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  8. Obama 2.0

I guess you ain't one of them there McCain "Country first Politicians."

February 12, 2009 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  9. Lee

It is only the beginning, the voters are finding more about the "real" Obama.

February 12, 2009 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  10. arithmetic is liberal

“because I gave my word to people.”

The Republicans have something on him.

The Grand Blackmail Party

February 12, 2009 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  11. Jonathan Simeone

I can not believe that the Obama administration did not talk to Gregg about the stimulus pacakge during the vetting process. Obviously, there was poor communication between the parties–something that is becoming all too common with the Obama team. Ameirca needs to get out of this, so I hope Obama can learn as much about being president as he did about being a canidate.

February 12, 2009 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  12. Mike/Chicago

Just more proof how irrelevant the republicans are. Even their own members are now admitting it, like Sen. Gregg, who basically is saying I can't serve all the people of America, just the 'people' I gave my word to – like McConnell and Graham and Boner, or is it Bohner, or.....

Good bye Sen. Gregg. You won't be Commerce Secretary, but you won't be a senator much longer either – and it won't take your retirement to make that happen.

February 12, 2009 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  13. What a bunch of buffoons

Aww look at the poor lemmings cry because someone dares disagree with your president. Boo hoo the man still has the choice as to whether he wants to serve or not and decided against it. I know you ignorant lemmings hate freedom of choice but it still does exist. You haven't quite changed it into one paryt nazi USA just yet. You people are disgusting and pathetic. By the way people aren't rooting for your president to fail they know he and the fools he has surrounded himself with will do that fine all by themselves.

February 12, 2009 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  14. Mario, mtl, ca.

Judd = Judas

February 12, 2009 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  15. Dan in TVA

Put the President Obama's cabinet and administration positions all in Democrats and then we'll know, won't we,,,

February 12, 2009 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  16. Joe in Austin

"Betrayed" is a better word. Sleezeball! Obama's position on the stimulus hasn't changed since Gregg was nominated. Obama's position on the census hasn't changed since Gregg was nominated. What changed was Gregg's commitment to work with the president and for the American people. He'd rather be a republican than an American.

February 12, 2009 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  17. sandee in Portland

How sad that most republicans follow the mantra of their party before putting country first. Just another shining example (but a tarnished one) of the republican party. The democrats aren't much better either.

February 12, 2009 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  18. Joe

The "people" Gregg gave his word to are the people of New Hampshire who sent him to Washington to represent their interests – they overwhelmingly do NOT support the bill.

February 12, 2009 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  19. IsaacTheForcedCatholic

I like how the crazy right-wingers predict the future. They think they are prophets and know what is going to happen to Obama. I wish they told us their secret... wait, I think it must be those reality blinders they put on everyday.

February 12, 2009 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  20. EBC, MD

The White House is NOT upset. They get even, and 2010 will clearly prove just how things come full circle when majority of these GOP clowns are voted out of office!!

2010 will be the next "defining moment", I hope John McCain, John Boehner, Lindsey Graham, Erica Cantor, and all the other GOP groupies are WELL aware that the clock is ticking away.

ENJOY YOUR WELL PAYING JOB FOR NOW...

ENJOY BEING EMPLOYED FOR NOW...

ENJOY BEING ABLE TO FEED YOUR FAMILY FOR NOW..

ENJOY BEING ABLE TO PAY YOUR MORTGAGE FOR NOW...

ENJOY HAVING HEALTHCARE FOR NOW....

ENJOY IT ALL, FOR TOMORROW IS NOT GUARANTEED!!

February 12, 2009 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  21. tee

The country's problems are too big for this spinless wimp.
    HE IS A WEAK LINK!!!! BYE, BYE!!!!!

February 12, 2009 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  22. Kim

Republicans, we did it your way for 8 very long years and look where the country is today. Give our new president a break. Look at what he was handed by a Republican president....A BIG FAT MESS! Give him a chance -I have never seen a president be judged so quickly and it hasn't even been a month yet. This just proves that the Republicans CAN BE BOUGHT...and continue to be bought for their own benefit. They don't care about the American people.

February 12, 2009 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  23. Matt

The guy does not want the job because Obama is so pig headed and refuses to accept ideas from anybody but his ego, Pelosi and Reid and it is his fault?

If someone offered you a job and said : I wan't you to have this job but, I won't listen to your ideas, I won't act on anything you say, and really you should just think and do what I say so all I have to do is rubber stamp things you do. Who in their right mind would take that job? Why even bother to have anyone do that job? If Obama is that pig headed and thinks no matter what he is always right. Then just have him do the job himself.

But it must be Gregg's fault of course. He went against Obama and he is our new divine great leader. I guess if only Obama actually did something of importance before becoming elected president like say make one bill, just one and then had to learn how to compromise to get it through he would not be such the pig he is today. To bad everytime they called his name he thought they were taking attendence.

February 12, 2009 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  24. Texas Teacher

Oh, don't these Republicans give themselves a lot of credit! I doubt Obama truly cares. He tried to work with them.... but they have turned a cold shoulder! So FORGET them! We, the People, are not going to be offended one bit!

February 12, 2009 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  25. Chris

Wishy Washy! I'm glad he's not my Senator.

February 12, 2009 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |