February 24th, 2009

Borger: Have we seen too much Obama?

(CNN) - President Obama has made his priorities very clear: health care, energy and education. The speech is more like a standard State of the Union address - with an added element of extreme urgency, given the fiscal crisis.

If it somehow seems that we have heard this before from Obama, it's because we have. Which raises the question: have we been seeing him too much?

My answer is no. We know where he stands and what he intends to do. Now voters can hold him to his promises.

Filed under: Obama address
  1. NIKI

It is good since we like him. I find myself talking about him like he was a house member. Great to feel so about our president

February 24, 2009 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  2. DA

NO!!! These are out Fireside Chats if you can remember back that far!! During these time it is imperative to see the President because it give the people of this Country hope.

February 24, 2009 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  3. Joe Fattal

We been hear him too much. Its time for him to do something.

February 24, 2009 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  4. EC

OH Gloria, stop hating. YOU seem to hate the fact that President Obama gave a very, VERY GOOD speech tonight.

Say WHATEVER you want, but you WILL NOT rain on President Obama's parade. He's risen way ABOVE all you "haters". It's so expected coming from you Gloria.

But that's O-Kay..... haters are so true in form. They show their true colors all the time. No surprises here.

February 24, 2009 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  5. Nikky

HAVE WE SEEN TO MUCH OF BOBBY JINDAL????????????? I HAVE.

February 24, 2009 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  6. Jasper von Sillyputty

Why does Bobby Jindal talk to viewers like they're slow-witted 6 year olds? This is the first I've seen the GOP's Obama speak and he has no charisma, and adopted the wrong demeanor.

February 24, 2009 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  7. Ohio for Obama- Suburbs

I'm glad President Obama is talking to the nation. Bush was mission in action at Camp David.

February 24, 2009 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  8. msweeney

Seeing President Obama in public gives a feeling that we finally have a President who is working for the American people. Whether he is right or wrong about his agenda the American people have more confidence that someone is working to make things better for all of us. I hope and pray that all of his work will pay off and we will recover from this mess.

February 24, 2009 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  9. Mia

I voted for him and used my unemployment money to send my 15 year old to the Inaugural events. But now I'm hearing more of the same and seeing less action on the lower end of the spectrum.

Personally, I'm getting tired of Obama. I could only take about 5 minutes of the same ole same ole before I changed the channel. Since he was on every channel, I turned the TV off and cut coupons!

February 24, 2009 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  10. coolingman.com

obama may continue to bless you keep on doing whats best for the american people you have our prayer

February 24, 2009 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  11. KLM

The interesting thing, GLORIA, is that no matter what Obama does you always have something negative to say. If he didn't speak as much you would complain. It's sooooo amazing how differently you scrutinize Obama than the other presidents...Truly amazing. Check yourself and please report on something with more substance.

February 24, 2009 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  12. Ndidi Ihezue

And yes he will deliver on that. God bless our President.

February 24, 2009 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  13. Sharon

My answer is YES. Obama has too much promised so many things
    so that whenever he and his economic team unvailed and had great speech, stock markets plunged until 357 point. Thanks to such as stupid medias, CNN, CBS and NBC's adding of embellishment of Obama's policy without detailed implements, I have bought citi bank stock $7.00 but it dropped $2.75 at the day Obama signed the Bill of
    Stimulus Package.

February 24, 2009 11:43 pm at 11:43 pm |
  14. Sheri

no no no, I would like to see and hear MORE. So inspiring and he along with all of us will get the job done. YES WE CAN, YES WE WILL

February 24, 2009 11:44 pm at 11:44 pm |
  15. Kathy

YES!!!YES!!! YES!!! I'm sooo tired of seeing HiM!!! Enough is Enough! We know he won.Even with ACORN...Let's just see if we can survive 4 years of this.

February 24, 2009 11:45 pm at 11:45 pm |
  16. JOE KILOZ

IF,,,,,,,,,,,HE,,,,,,,,,,,,,WASN'T,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BLACK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HE'D,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BE,,,,,,,,,,,,

GETTING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2,,,,,,,,,,MINUTES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OF,,,,,,,,,,,FAME,,,,,,,,,,,AND,,,,,,,,,,,

NO,,,,,,,,,,,,MORE

February 24, 2009 11:48 pm at 11:48 pm |
  17. We are in trouble!

Talk, talk, talk . . . a lack of substance is showing.

February 24, 2009 11:56 pm at 11:56 pm |
  18. Kay

Knowing Republican pundits, talk show hosts, and Republican voters (and complainers on blogs), he probably has about a month to get all of his promises fulfilled, or they're start pounding desks with shoes and having tantrums.

Hopefully, if they get violent, the bruises and cuts show only on themselves.

February 25, 2009 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  19. Heidi

No I don't think we have seen enough of Obama. Its because of the Republicans inablity to work accross the aisle that he had to come out and go across country explaining his policy on the stimuls plan, the Iraq war, health care and education.

Americans can go online to Washington.org or change.gov and read the policies that the President has suggested. Yes they are long and yes they will take time to read, but isn't your country and your future and the future of your children worth that effort?

February 25, 2009 12:22 am at 12:22 am |
  20. Lynn

We see more of you than we do of the president.....maybe you should be asking that about yourself and you "cable chatter".

February 25, 2009 12:38 am at 12:38 am |
  21. Roland in St George, UT

No, we have not seen too much Obama. Seeing President Obama is inspirational. I think if President Obama inspires enough people to write to, or call, their elected representatives, then this may be the catalyst necessary to bring about real change in Washington by getting the representatives to work together and work with the President. I have no qualms about giving my opinions to my representatives and encourage others to do the same. Hopefully President Obama can inspire a lot of other folks to do the same thing and keep getting involved.

February 25, 2009 12:57 am at 12:57 am |
  22. J.P.

"Borger: Have we seen too much Obama?"

Ya think?

February 25, 2009 01:04 am at 1:04 am |
  23. Watching

Obama should give less speeches and spend more time doing his job. Everytime he opens his mouth or Geithner gives a speech the stock market tanks further. If they'd just shut up for a while maybe our 401Ks would recover

February 25, 2009 01:13 am at 1:13 am |
  24. mary,florida

After Bush impossible.

February 25, 2009 01:18 am at 1:18 am |
  25. kate

No Way!!! this guy was awesome!! Alll I can say is I saw no rising GOP star including Jindul tonight...all I saw was an Obama star!!!

February 25, 2009 01:34 am at 1:34 am |