February 24th, 2009

Toobin: Obama's best moment yet

(CNN) - I give him an A. As flat as his inaugural address was, this speech was the opposite - positive, vigorous, and forward-looking. The language was bipartisan, even if many of his proposals were not. His best moment yet as President - except he needs to get a tie which doesn't vibrate on television.

Filed under: Obama address
  1. JOE KILOZ

AS,,,,,,,,,,HILLARY,,,,,,,,,,,,WOULD,,,,,,,,,,,,SAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,JUST,,,,,,,,,,ANOTHER,,,

SPEECH,,,,,,,,,,,,,FROM,,,,,,,,,,,,THE,,,,,,,,,,,,,CHARLATAN

February 24, 2009 11:33 pm at 11:33 pm |
  2. Barbara

I agree but I really liked the tie

February 24, 2009 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  3. Kathy

Words mean nothing from a politician!!! Where's the action. Show me.

February 24, 2009 11:40 pm at 11:40 pm |
  4. RS

Maybe he can borrow a tie from Aly Velshi.

February 24, 2009 11:45 pm at 11:45 pm |
  5. Stephen Hopper

The inaugural was flat? Did you expect him to behead Cheney at the podium? Come to think of it.... ;) Seriously though you're right it seems like he hasn't lost a step with all the turmoil of the last month. May the force be with him/ FSM bless him.

February 24, 2009 11:49 pm at 11:49 pm |
  6. Seanie

I too!, think this was his best moment ever. I just love this great country of mine. We have brilliant and inspiring President. I just love my....our President Obama.

February 24, 2009 11:52 pm at 11:52 pm |
  7. A Woman In California For Obama

I agree with EVERYTHING you said Mr. Toobin. I would never let my husband wear a tie that ugly. Otherwise, the night was a success.

February 24, 2009 11:52 pm at 11:52 pm |
  8. We are in trouble!

Toobin is a waste of time. He adds nothing to the conversation. If Obama stops short, Toobin would disappear entirely.

February 24, 2009 11:54 pm at 11:54 pm |
  9. sue

great to hear from you mr. toobin...so true, I thought the best ever. I guess thats what you get when you take his hope as a candidate & make him president.

February 24, 2009 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |
  10. Leah DiMarco, Texas

Ha!
    That is what I said here at my house when the speech started – that President Obama's tie was VIBRATING and that someone on his staff should have known better to have let him wear that one!

February 25, 2009 12:06 am at 12:06 am |
  11. Andre Grimes

i think the president going 2 do what he says... its going 2 take time!

February 25, 2009 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  12. Heidi

Great speech, told a lot of truth that the American people needed to hear. In regards to the Stimulis package. I just had my taxes done and I got a $1000 more dollars back then I have gotten back in 5 yrs. I am paying off bill and spending $50-100.00 on my kids and putting the rest in the bank.

I also look forward to my additional $65 dollars a month on my paycheck. I know what to do with that.

February 25, 2009 12:14 am at 12:14 am |
  13. Andre Grimes

The president going 2 do what he says buut its going 2 take time!

February 25, 2009 12:14 am at 12:14 am |
  14. Michael

I think Bareak Obama will make America a powerfull Country in the world.He is a man trying to put America back on power.May God bless him for serving our country with all his heart.

February 25, 2009 12:20 am at 12:20 am |
  15. Elly

I agree with you Jeff great speech for President Obama but the tie was a very bad pick haha
    Even my hubby and I commented on how the tie seem to reflect the light and even seemed distracting at times
    but otherwise a very ambitious and uplifting speech

February 25, 2009 12:53 am at 12:53 am |
  16. Mari

Jeffrey,

OBAMA is the leader our Nation needs now at this time in history, and he has stepped up to the challenge.

His speech was brilliant.

February 25, 2009 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  17. Happy with new President

An "A" is not enough!
    Can we do "AAA", he deserves it.
    Congratulations, Mr. President!

February 25, 2009 01:26 am at 1:26 am |
  18. W. West

Perhaps the writer needs to get a new television; his tie didn't vibrate on my wide screen LCD TV...

February 25, 2009 01:28 am at 1:28 am |
  19. mike

I give it a D. No substance. It was if he was still campaigning. The guy has spent 30+ billion a day since being in office-where is the money going? This guy is in way over his head.

February 25, 2009 01:54 am at 1:54 am |
  20. E.J. in Tacoma

I agree the best we've seen and heard in weeks!!

February 25, 2009 01:59 am at 1:59 am |
  21. mike

If this is his best moment, we are in for a long 4 years.

February 25, 2009 02:19 am at 2:19 am |
  22. mike

A truly pathetic speech.

February 25, 2009 02:20 am at 2:20 am |
  23. mike

Ugly speech, ugly tie.

February 25, 2009 02:20 am at 2:20 am |
  24. mike

Toobin, you are as clueless as is Uhbama.

February 25, 2009 02:21 am at 2:21 am |
  25. Ron , West Coast

Jeff, I guess you are attempting to redeem yourself , after the shameful way you derided Mr. Obama at one time in the past . But rather late than never ! He will have many more moments of greatness !!!
    You pundits are really getting over like bandits . With all the money you talking heads earn , it keeps distance between you and the ordinary folks who are in a bind , and about to lose their home, or job through no fault of their own .

February 25, 2009 02:57 am at 2:57 am |