February 24th, 2009

Toobin: Obama's best moment yet

(CNN) - I give him an A. As flat as his inaugural address was, this speech was the opposite - positive, vigorous, and forward-looking. The language was bipartisan, even if many of his proposals were not. His best moment yet as President - except he needs to get a tie which doesn't vibrate on television.

Filed under: Obama address

February 24, 2009 11:33 pm at 11:33 pm |
  2. Barbara

I agree but I really liked the tie

February 24, 2009 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  3. Kathy

Words mean nothing from a politician!!! Where's the action. Show me.

February 24, 2009 11:40 pm at 11:40 pm |
  4. RS

Maybe he can borrow a tie from Aly Velshi.

February 24, 2009 11:45 pm at 11:45 pm |
  5. Stephen Hopper

The inaugural was flat? Did you expect him to behead Cheney at the podium? Come to think of it.... ;) Seriously though you're right it seems like he hasn't lost a step with all the turmoil of the last month. May the force be with him/ FSM bless him.

February 24, 2009 11:49 pm at 11:49 pm |
  6. Seanie

I too!, think this was his best moment ever. I just love this great country of mine. We have brilliant and inspiring President. I just love my....our President Obama.

February 24, 2009 11:52 pm at 11:52 pm |
  7. A Woman In California For Obama

I agree with EVERYTHING you said Mr. Toobin. I would never let my husband wear a tie that ugly. Otherwise, the night was a success.

February 24, 2009 11:52 pm at 11:52 pm |
  8. We are in trouble!

Toobin is a waste of time. He adds nothing to the conversation. If Obama stops short, Toobin would disappear entirely.

February 24, 2009 11:54 pm at 11:54 pm |
  9. sue

great to hear from you mr. toobin...so true, I thought the best ever. I guess thats what you get when you take his hope as a candidate & make him president.

February 24, 2009 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |
  10. Leah DiMarco, Texas

That is what I said here at my house when the speech started – that President Obama's tie was VIBRATING and that someone on his staff should have known better to have let him wear that one!

February 25, 2009 12:06 am at 12:06 am |
  11. Andre Grimes

i think the president going 2 do what he says... its going 2 take time!

February 25, 2009 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  12. Heidi

Great speech, told a lot of truth that the American people needed to hear. In regards to the Stimulis package. I just had my taxes done and I got a $1000 more dollars back then I have gotten back in 5 yrs. I am paying off bill and spending $50-100.00 on my kids and putting the rest in the bank.

I also look forward to my additional $65 dollars a month on my paycheck. I know what to do with that.

February 25, 2009 12:14 am at 12:14 am |
  13. Andre Grimes

The president going 2 do what he says buut its going 2 take time!

February 25, 2009 12:14 am at 12:14 am |
  14. Michael

I think Bareak Obama will make America a powerfull Country in the world.He is a man trying to put America back on power.May God bless him for serving our country with all his heart.

February 25, 2009 12:20 am at 12:20 am |
  15. Elly

I agree with you Jeff great speech for President Obama but the tie was a very bad pick haha
    Even my hubby and I commented on how the tie seem to reflect the light and even seemed distracting at times
    but otherwise a very ambitious and uplifting speech

February 25, 2009 12:53 am at 12:53 am |
  16. Mari

OBAMA is the leader our Nation needs now at this time in history, and he has stepped up to the challenge.

His speech was brilliant.

February 25, 2009 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  17. Happy with new President

An "A" is not enough!
    Can we do "AAA", he deserves it.
    Congratulations, Mr. President!

February 25, 2009 01:26 am at 1:26 am |
  18. W. West

Perhaps the writer needs to get a new television; his tie didn't vibrate on my wide screen LCD TV...

February 25, 2009 01:28 am at 1:28 am |
  19. mike

I give it a D. No substance. It was if he was still campaigning. The guy has spent 30+ billion a day since being in office-where is the money going? This guy is in way over his head.

February 25, 2009 01:54 am at 1:54 am |
  20. E.J. in Tacoma

I agree the best we've seen and heard in weeks!!

February 25, 2009 01:59 am at 1:59 am |
  21. mike

If this is his best moment, we are in for a long 4 years.

February 25, 2009 02:19 am at 2:19 am |
  22. mike

A truly pathetic speech.

February 25, 2009 02:20 am at 2:20 am |
  23. mike

Ugly speech, ugly tie.

February 25, 2009 02:20 am at 2:20 am |
  24. mike

Toobin, you are as clueless as is Uhbama.

February 25, 2009 02:21 am at 2:21 am |
  25. Ron , West Coast

Jeff, I guess you are attempting to redeem yourself , after the shameful way you derided Mr. Obama at one time in the past . But rather late than never ! He will have many more moments of greatness !!!
    You pundits are really getting over like bandits . With all the money you talking heads earn , it keeps distance between you and the ordinary folks who are in a bind , and about to lose their home, or job through no fault of their own .

February 25, 2009 02:57 am at 2:57 am |