February 26th, 2009

HAPPENING NOW: Obama introduces budget

Obama is introducing his budget.
Obama is introducing his budget.

(CNN) – President Obama is introducing his budget proposal at the White House.

Watch the event on CNN.com/live

Related: Obama seeks $200 billion for war spending

Filed under: Happening Now
  1. God watch over us all

Wow did you ever wonder how a Senator or Representative can go to Washington DC poor and leave Washington DC a Multi-Millionare?

Please check your local elected official bank records...

Some have been robbibng us blind.. We need to hold everyone of them accountable...

February 26, 2009 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  2. tag...

go mesiha.....tax and spend us to "DEATH"

February 26, 2009 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  3. Walt Benning

How many millions are in the budget for his rock star visits all over the world? The man needs adulation, and that is expensive.

February 26, 2009 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  4. Kevin in Ohio

God help us all as this man spends his way to oblivion. I, for one, plan on quitting my job to avoid the higher taxes.... what is the point of working if the government is just going to take it all away?

February 26, 2009 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  5. Obama Victim

$200 billion for war funding..............guess ole George was right after all

February 26, 2009 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  6. Sniffit

@ Kevin in Ohio

Excellent plan. Quit your job. Throw the baby out with the bathwater while you're at it.

February 26, 2009 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  7. Henry Miller, Cary, NC

Yeah, a one-line proposal:

Spend, spend, spend!

February 26, 2009 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  8. Debbie

I love that he is ending tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas!! LONG OVERDUE!!

February 26, 2009 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  9. Pete

Kevin: Were you out of the country from 2001-2008?

February 26, 2009 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  10. Matt in Chicago

I'm also going to quit my job like Kevin. Sure I won't have an income anymore, but hey, you can't tax zero! I think this move will pay off in the long run.

February 26, 2009 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  11. LUV Canada

It's beyound human comprehession that this great nation like to fight war,spend more on infrastruture but hate to pay tax.Ladies and gettlemen,you are all welcome to third world nation.

February 26, 2009 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  12. Obama Obama

Its about time lobbyist and wallstreet start paying! Why do they get tax cuts?? Also interested in seeing who in the political arena fights for what cuts he made in the budget.. who is wanting all the pork and cuts for the wealthy!

February 26, 2009 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  13. Willa

Kevin,
    What do you do? There are plenty of folks in Ohio looking for work.

February 26, 2009 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  14. Henry Miller, Cary, NC

To Kevin in Ohio, who said, "I, for one, plan on quitting my job to avoid the higher taxes…. what is the point of working if the government is just going to take it all away?"

Sounds good to me. Snoozing away my life in the social safety hammock would sure beat working, paying bills, and all that crap. I'm sure Obama will pay off the mortgages on my houses, and he's not going to let my kids starve, is he? And he'll make sure they'll get good college educations.

Hooray! The socialist workers' paradise is here at last!

February 26, 2009 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  15. James L.

Kevin...................were you praying that pray during Bush's administration?

February 26, 2009 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  16. jm

i'm sort of glad i have no children. at least i don't stay up late nights worrying how my kids will be burdened by decision made when they were still in diappers. the level of spending is getting really scary. this better work or we are all up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

February 26, 2009 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  17. khif

Kevin your an idiot.

February 26, 2009 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  18. Alicia

I am praying this will work. LOVE that the farm pork for farms making over $500,000 are not getting government bonus checks anymore. I am sure Senator Thune will have his panties in a bunch over this.

I am amazed that the Iraq war was never put in the budget in the past. That Bush administration was the emperor's new clothes and smoke with mirrors.

Now, here we go with the Rushbots and other Repub Senators who we now know blog on here. The puzzle is solved now that the Repubs are actually typing these hate filled posts.

February 26, 2009 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  19. Hispanic in Dallas, TX

Stop laying a blind eye to all those earmarks...all 8,000 plus earmarks...what happened to his campaign promises of no earmarks...no pork...well, now that he's in office, it's all a load of CRAP!

So we work...to give to those who don't want to work...we work to elect these fools who are just in the game for themselves not the needs of the people!

Obama will dig us into the deepest whole this country has ever seen in its history! God help us!

February 26, 2009 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  20. Michael in Florida

You, Sir, are an idiot.

February 26, 2009 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  21. missouri for obama

kevin, that just stupid

February 26, 2009 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  22. Brad

Kevin:

I think you should quit! I'm sure you are in the upper 1% of earners.

February 26, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  23. Dawn

To Kevin in Ohio; Do you make 250,000 dollars? That is who will be taxed more. We under the republicans have been taxed out the rear. Under Bush, they hid the cost of the war and a few others. Complain if you do not receive $13.00 a week more in your paycheck. I am not working nor can I find work. I am an eastern neighbor, Pennsylvania. Hershey is laying off about 6,000 workers, why? because they are moving South of the Boarder.

President Obama found over 2 trillion dollars of waste. Wow! if you have an elderly parent, would you place them into a nursing home? I would not, my father is 78 years old. Since one of the Bush midnight deregulation, he made the workers in Nursing homes workers, Federal workers, so if your elderly parent dies from abuse, you cannot sue or have an investigation. I pity those families.

Remember the old saying, God giveth and the Government taketh away!

February 26, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  24. Q

I wonder if he is going to address all of those earmarks. I bet he will say there are no earmarks in this spending bill either...

More of the same...

February 26, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  25. LOL

Good idea Kevin, you sure sound like some one who makes over 250k/yr. You must be Joe the plumbers partner. The only plumbers making over 250k.

February 26, 2009 10:32 am at 10:32 am |