February 26th, 2009

Romney home robbed, say police

More than a dozen pieces of jewelry were stolen from former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s Deer Valley, Utah home last week.'

(CNN) - More than a dozen pieces of jewelry were stolen from former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s Deer Valley, Utah home last week, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

Park City police told the paper that the thief was likely someone who had access to the house. There was no sign of forced entry.

The $5 million home is currently up for sale, along with another Romney residence in Massachusetts.

The former Massachusetts governor will address activists at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington Friday, as he aims for his third win in the annual gathering’s presidential preference straw poll.

Filed under: Extra • Mitt Romney
  1. sniffit

From the data provided in the introduction to the budget: "...the top 1
    percent took home more than 22 percent of total national income,
    up from 10 percent in 1980..."

Who was elected in 1980?

February 27, 2009 12:13 am at 12:13 am |
  2. Leslie

Mitt give back the jewerly stop trying to be in the spotlight it's over and done.

February 27, 2009 12:32 am at 12:32 am |
  3. Matt

After reading these comments it is soothing to remember that so many liberals died on 9/11.

February 27, 2009 12:37 am at 12:37 am |
  4. Josh in Jindal land

@ USA LOVER

"and as ANY and ALL of you respond to me… i CHALLENGE you to FIRST ADMIT THE RIDICULOUS SPENDING OF THE BUSH ERA PUT…. US….. HERE….. "
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    I will admit that Republican CONGRESS & Bush HELPED get us here ...NOW....Explain to us how EVEN MORE spending is the answer????
    Republicans lost due to their failure to adhere to the parties conservative platform...not because of it.

February 27, 2009 12:37 am at 12:37 am |
  5. God Bless President Obama

I'm cryin' a river. MMMMM..I don’t know if this is related or not but: A few days ago Mittens was putting up for sale 2 of his megamansions, one of which is the Utah spread. Maybe Mittens invested a truck load of his megawealth with Madoff (as in ha ha I Made Off With Your Life Savings & All I Got Was Locked Up In A Plush Penthouse on 5th Ave) &/or Stanford.
    In addition, I have Multiple Sclerosis. His wife has Multiple Sclerosis. It is one of the most expensive illnesses on Earth to have. I just had my Health Insurance taken away from me for no reason. His wife's MS is in remission most likely because she has certainly had the best most expensive Health Care & adjunct expensive care such as Physical Therapy etc...How unfair & twisted is that? I am furious at the way seriously ill people like me are treated in this country vs. wealthly people like her. I am sitting here in excruciating pain that most people could not even comprehend 24/7. God Bless President Obama for trying to help us & being very proactive in getting Health Care for us all. This Man gets it period.

February 27, 2009 12:43 am at 12:43 am |
  6. July

It was his wife!!

February 27, 2009 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  7. Josh in Jindal land

@Snifit....

What obama is performing is not "forced trickle down" it is govt ake over. In fact, Obama himself endorsed trickle down economics. He said "we have to get money back to the lending institutions, so that they can loan it to businesses and consumers." THAT is trickle down economics. However what obama is doing is stealiong via taxing the "rich".....
    (251k a yr in a dual income home is not wealthy after taxes & 20% of the country already pay for 80% of the taxes),

to have the govt then dole it out when, where & to whom they see fit through social programs & govt controlled banking.

I have no qualms giving money back to the people but that is not whats occuring. Instead the liberal machine is buying votes (as they always have) and building a voting bloc via illegal amnesty and govt dependence. The liberals I have known (& seen in ther last election cycle via miss "i don't have to worry my house note or putting gas in my car) seem to think that the govt is their bludgeoning tool for revenge on greedy cooperations. I would rather take my chances via self reliance in a the free market than have govt control who gets what & how much. The govt has nothing, not power or money, that they did not take at the expense of someone else.

February 27, 2009 12:58 am at 12:58 am |
  8. Thomas

HE SHOULD HAVE CALLED DICK CHENEY, TO SCARE THE ROBBERS WITH HIS QUAIL HUNTING GUN.

OR

SARAH PALIN WITH SOME HELICOPTERS SHE USED FOR WOLF HUNTING.

OR

CALLED THAT SHOE THROWING JOURNALIST FROM IRAQ.

AND THEREAFTER ROBBERS WOULD NEVER DARE TO ROB A REPUB AGAIN.

February 27, 2009 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  9. sniffit

@ Libs Are Goofy, who asked "Wuz up Sniff. You seem to have an ax to grind. Did you get fired from a corporation for being worthless or something?"

I'm not grinding, I'm swinging. Anyhoo, despite crippling student loans (i.e., modern society's favored vehicle for imposing indentured servitude), I've done pretty well and no, I'm quite gainfully employed, so sorry to disappoint your stereotype. I consider myself one of the lucky ones to be where I am, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't hold up my end of the social contract or demand that others do so. Raging against the inequities so many have learned to quietly accept is a civic duty "my friend."

February 27, 2009 01:00 am at 1:00 am |
  10. James

He's rich..made millions from people lossing jobs...he has insurance. Who cares about this mormon!

He cares more about making sure he will be God on earths in the next life as his relgion states. He cares more about making sure no on knows the secret hand shake (TOKENS) than money! (Or he wants people to think)

Who cares! He's rich..he has many homes..he will replace what was stolen. Enough. Story done

February 27, 2009 01:03 am at 1:03 am |
  11. Flex

It was the Mormons! They walked into my house in November of 08' and stole my marriage certificate!

February 27, 2009 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  12. Joshua College Station Texas

Aw shucks. C'mon, ordinary folks! Donate to help the poor guy out! This might keep him from being able to run in 2012!

February 27, 2009 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  13. Blinky

It's a ploy, or worse maybe part of a conspiracy on behalf of the entire republicant party, egadds!!

February 27, 2009 01:14 am at 1:14 am |
  14. dittohead with forty names

Im I the only person that thinksTCM and his many aliases, has never worked a day in their lives,sit in their mom and dads cellar listening to Rush and Hannity All day or work for the republican party for a living posting all day and night.

February 27, 2009 01:15 am at 1:15 am |
  15. A new low

@MATT.Yes Matt ,you get the award for all time low life,now go and find a nice bridge and do us all a favor.

February 27, 2009 01:22 am at 1:22 am |
  16. No Incumbents 2010

@ Sniffit

I thought that Poverty would end with the "New Deal" or "The Great Society" I bet you still vote democrat and still complain about being poor.
    I guess TCM was right, but I guess I love having a battle of wits even if I'm battling with someone lacking. Keep taking from the wealthy to feed the lazy and the wealthy will move industry to a foreign company where the capital gains tax is lower. Not to mention Clinton found out that lower capital gains taxes actually bring in more revenue.
    Funny but I kind of like to keep what I earn too. That is why I work hard for it. Belive it or not wealthy people give more to charities than most.

February 27, 2009 01:24 am at 1:24 am |
  17. Shame on you!!!

@Matt February 27th, 2009 12:37 am ET
    After reading these comments it is soothing to remember that so many liberals died on 9/11***.Are you Crazy ??? or just an EVIL A$$
    Hole!!!

February 27, 2009 01:32 am at 1:32 am |
  18. sniffit

@ No Incumbents 2010

well, they left my last post in moderation so you didn't see it...but let's be clear...I'm nowhere close to poor...I just have happen to have retained a social conscience.

February 27, 2009 01:36 am at 1:36 am |
  19. Ken

How do we know if this is true since our media is owned by the republicans and they are trying so hard to stay relevant!

February 27, 2009 01:37 am at 1:37 am |
  20. sniffit

@ No Incumbents 2010, who said "And while I do not wish to explain trickle down economics it sounds more logical to me than trickle up economics, because I have never been employed by a poor man who received hand outs from the government."

If you want to snuggle at their teat and take what they're willing to release that's your problem. I and the majority of other Americans now recognize that the attenuated flow of wealth from the top down isn't facilitating progress. You yourself rely on the concept that people who work hard should get rewards, but you insist on ignoring that the rewards are no longer commensurate with the effort. The facts and data are there buddy. Economic gravity is a parable, not a reality. What goes up, does not come down.

February 27, 2009 01:46 am at 1:46 am |
  21. Sean

Every time the thought that liberals are nice, decent people who have the best interest for society in their values I find comments like these on CNN or wherever polluting minds. I voted for Obama because I think he is a decent person who will do what is best for our country. I'm sure he would be livid to know that some of his supporters spew vile filth at decent hard working Americans.

That said, I'm sure Romney won't miss the loss. It's a sign of the times and I hope if something similar happens to you that you receive no sympathy if you were wishing it upon ANYONE else, both those more and less fortunate.

February 27, 2009 01:51 am at 1:51 am |
  22. Leah DiMarco, Texas

Someone that wants to be president that doesn't have enough sense to keep expensive jewelery in a safe? Give me a break!

Obama 2012

February 27, 2009 01:52 am at 1:52 am |
  23. R.O.B.

Aw, I mean I really didn't like him and would have never voted for him, but I wouldn't have robbed him. Nor would I have wished that upon him. I hope they are able to find who did it. I hate thieves.

February 27, 2009 01:58 am at 1:58 am |
  24. tsol ton si lla

Where is my welfare check? I am tired of robbing white folk, I am on parole and can't afford to go back to the brick.

February 27, 2009 02:17 am at 2:17 am |
  25. JOE

He shoule hire BUSH as a night watchman.....The moron needs a job..

February 27, 2009 02:25 am at 2:25 am |