February 27th, 2009

Romney home robbed, say police

More than a dozen pieces of jewelry were stolen from former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s Deer Valley, Utah home last week.'

(CNN) - More than a dozen pieces of jewelry were stolen from former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s Deer Valley, Utah home last week, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

Park City police told the paper that the thief was likely someone who had access to the house. There was no sign of forced entry.

The $5 million home is currently up for sale, along with another Romney residence in Massachusetts.

The former Massachusetts governor will address activists at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington Friday, as he aims for his third win in the annual gathering’s presidential preference straw poll.

Filed under: Mitt Romney
  1. angela losangela

To america first: What about the crimes committed daily by the Democrat congress and their boy Obama. Raping future generations is the primo crime. And most of the fools that slober over the radical leftists that control CNN don't know what the hell is going on.

February 27, 2009 08:54 am at 8:54 am |
  2. pa

There is probably more to this than we'll ever know.
    Romney's a slick one.

February 27, 2009 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  3. carlo

Romney has at least 5 homes, and this one was for sale. It was robbed, yet his wife can't even name the jewelry from their safe that was missing or how much it was worth, so she goes to her "jewelry consultant" to get an estimate? That, my friends, is called a life of excess.

Want to know what the top 1% did with the 80% of our money they stole from us? Exhibit A-the Romney house.

February 27, 2009 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  4. Sharon Northern Virginia

Romney, if your home is up for sale, why do you have jewels in the home? It is a vacation home for crying out loud. I bet, you did it to collect on the insurance. No forced entry is right.

February 27, 2009 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  5. STEVE R

it was one of the obama people who was trying to spread the wealth around

i'm still waiting for may check

February 27, 2009 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  6. Pete in FL

Oh God Obama is wrecking the economy. The market is tanking and all the govt is doing is throwing money around and patting themselves on the back. Time to panic

February 27, 2009 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  7. Chris, Albany NY

Who cares, he's a tool. I mean I'm sorry for his loss but I'm sure it's the equivalent of me losing a dollar.

February 27, 2009 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  8. IKE in Atlanta

When you have more homes than you can live in, what do you expect?
    If he is patriotic enough to let homeless people live in his basement perhaps he wont be robbed.

February 27, 2009 09:17 am at 9:17 am |
  9. JJ in FL

I'm no fan most Republicans, but I'm not gonna rejoice in anyone's home being robbed/burgled. That said...

Maybe it's the skeptic in me, but it sure looks like his unloading of houses is purely politically driven, not economically...

He's getting rid of his extra homes no, so that he can 1.) have more $$ in a 'war chest' to fight other republicans, and potentially Obama in 2012, 2.) he'll avoid the "I own 7 homes" media firestorm that McCain walked into...

Well-played, Mitt. Well-played...

February 27, 2009 09:17 am at 9:17 am |
  10. Scott, Tucson

He wasn't robbed, it was Obama's new tax the rich program and his IRS boys were just doing their job. Soon they will be coming for your money too.

February 27, 2009 09:17 am at 9:17 am |
  11. Steve (the real one)

Randy February 27th, 2009 6:47 am ET
    Probably it was Palin she needs some new clothes and some pot for her daugther
    ---------
    Nowhere in this article does it say anything about Palin. What's up with your obsession with her and her family?

February 27, 2009 09:17 am at 9:17 am |
  12. George

It is obvious that this crime was perpetuated by someone who needs the stimulus bill. He/she wanted to send a signal to the GOP.

February 27, 2009 09:19 am at 9:19 am |
  13. Oh! The Irony

2 houses for sale. Sounds like preparation for another presidential run in 2012.

February 27, 2009 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  14. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

It sounds like an insurance scam. His wife doesn't even know what jeweltry is missing. Money making Mitt can buy her some more ice.

February 27, 2009 09:22 am at 9:22 am |
  15. A. T.

Sorry for him! But I believed he has many homes and this my not be likely to affect him that much! Many Americans have just lost theirs and are now homeless. Is he?

February 27, 2009 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  16. Baze

Pppppppwwwwww!!!! C'mon Milt strengthen the economy not the government. We don't need cops and stuff like that, I'd rather just let the crooks run wild, let everyone own a concealed uzi and re-enact the Wild West.

February 27, 2009 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  17. 1/20/13

February 27, 2009 09:25 am at 9:25 am |
  18. Larry, Apex, North Carolina

With all the homes and material stuff that he has, how did he notice that anything was even missing?

February 27, 2009 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  19. DNC

Who had a motive?

February 27, 2009 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  20. 1/20/13

I see the liberals were hard at work yesterday doing there Christmas Shopping........Whoops, I mean Holiday Shopping.

February 27, 2009 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  21. Laverne

Average people do not keep those kinds of valuables in homes you are not actually living in, even if you own it. I guess they thought they were thief proof.

February 27, 2009 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  22. I am sorry your house was robbed

My house was robbed as well, it is such a violation

As a wacko, commie, liberal, pinko I would like to say I'm sorry this happened to you

February 27, 2009 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  23. Roy

Squatters Mitt, that's who they are! When you own 8 houses in this economy.....chances are someone will be living in 6 of the other 7!! Perhaps you should just donate the house to charity......isn't that what your supposed values taught you?

February 27, 2009 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  24. Mark Dover, Delaware

Probably burgled by one of the American workers who lost their job due to Romney. This man destroyed jobs during his illustrious career.

February 27, 2009 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  25. Mag

Way to go, reality of the crisis hits home. This is what happens when you create a recession.

February 27, 2009 09:41 am at 9:41 am |