March 2nd, 2009

Limbaugh fires back at Steele

Limbaugh criticized RNC Chairman Michael Steele for his recent comments.
Limbaugh criticized RNC Chairman Michael Steele for his recent comments.

(CNN) – Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh fired back at Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele Monday, suggesting on his radio show the GOP leader appears to be supporting President Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

"Why do you claim to lead the Republican Party when you seem obsessed with seeing to it President Obama succeeds?" Limbaugh addressed Steele.

"I frankly am stunned that the chairman of the Republican National Committee endorses such an agenda. I have to conclude that he does because he attacks me for wanting it to fail," said Limbaugh.

Late last week, Steele told CNN's D.L. Hughley that Limbaugh is an "entertainer" whose comments are "ugly."

Also on his radio program Monday, Limbaugh said Steele is being used by the "liberal media."

"Michael Steele has been around long enough to know that the liberal media will use him by twisting what I say or what others say," he said. "He took the bait, he bit down hard on the bait, he launched an attack on me, even though the premise of what was said to him was false."

Filed under: Rush Limbaugh
  1. Bob, North Carolina

Ah give it a rest Rush. You are just like the ones you are condemning, in it for the money.

Face it you are an entertainer and you get paid in accordance to the size of your audience etc. So the wilder you get, the more commies you see and the more you scream about the injustices coming out of Washington the more you make.

I don't like what is going on inside the beltway now and I didn't like it when your guys were in power. You see the politicians, whether liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat are just like you. They are all in it for the money and the power.

March 2, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  2. Barb

I keep hearing person in the GOP party say that Limbaugh does not speak for them. If that is true, why was he invited to speak at the CPAC? Is that not a Rupublican group?

March 2, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  3. alvino

Rancid Rush Revengefully Rips Rookie Republican's Remarks.

March 2, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  4. Shaun K

Limbaugh does this for ratings, that is his plan. He is trying to become the lead spokesman for the Republican party by making this seem like he is the sole voice of the conservative movement by keeping his crazy views and ranting in the news.

Wake up GOP! He wants your country to fail by pointing fingers and not being a person worth listening too because he focuses on hate and not bringing people together.

Epic Fail!

March 2, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  5. shs

It's time for Rush to put up or shut up. Run for office, just like your counterpart Al Franken, and see if the voters really buy your act. BTW, is Rush fatter than ever or is it just the cameras? Is he a bigger idiot than ever, too?

March 2, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  6. Does the Rushpublican Party have a Boehner over Limbaugh yet?

Repulsicans eating their own. Yum ... yum ... yum ... barf!

March 2, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  7. Steve

That's all the Republican Party is good for right now. GOP stands for Good Ol Panzy"s . You all are a bunch of out of touch... out of mind...out of control people who need to shut up, regroup, rethink, stop blaming the other party, and do a self check ya losers. Again have any of you been willing to accept the fact that the majority of the entire United States of American including other outside countries ackowledge the fact that you retards are what screwed us up in the first place. Man somebody with some sense , control, censorship, and influence please put some strong distillment back in the American view. It's discouraging for viewers every day when reading the news to see parties bickering and mostly onesided. I like Obama even if his idea's do not meet expectations, I'm willing to give him my confidence and trust. And mr Limbaugh i dare you to say that to my face. That my ideas and dreams and hopes will fail....

March 2, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  8. Art in Las Vegas

Why doe Rush Limbaugh hate America?

March 2, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  9. July

Quote: Michele Bachmann "We're running out of rich people!"

I love this!

Forget General Hospital honey ...... this is so much better. Let me go get a cold drink .... hhmmmm cool aid sounds about right ..... and see how Steel answers back! ...

Rush, I did not believe in Santa Claus ... but thank you!

March 2, 2009 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  10. Lauren

Rush windbag is a bully, and he is using fear and intimidation to keep the Republicans in line. As long as he keeps this up the Republicans will surely lose in the future.

They need to distance themselves from him yesterday, this nonsense of him controlling them has gone far enough. I personally don't think he likes Michael Steele, he wanted Palin to be the leader not Michael Steele. So to rush, having Steele in charge of the Republican party is a problem for him.

Hopefully Michael Steele will wake up and see that he is being played by them he is not being accepted by them all, and get back on the side of the dems where he belongs

11. windrider

Entertainers like Limbaugh and Coulter appeal to the lowest common denominator. They appeal to the mob's anger and fear. They're at their ?best? when inciting people who are easily swayed by demagoguery. The frightening thing is that there are also extremists out there in their audiences who may try to take their remarks a step further. That is how people get killed.

12. Takeshi

BLISS.. i love it. let them beat the crap out of each other!!!!1 ahahaha.a

13. just joe

Is it my imagination or is Rush getting larger than life?.........better slow down, Rush....I think politics Limbaugh style....is getting to you.

14. Joe

I agree with Rush. Obango needs to fail and will fail for the good of all concerned. They just don't know it yet.

15. Jeff

And the implosion of the Republican party continues......here, here.

16. Tim

This just shows that Limbaugh thinks party politics is above America's success. Limbaugh would rather be right and have America go in the toilet just so he could say I told you so. What a moron. What happened to putting the good of the country above the good of the party?

17. Bob, North Carolina

18. Jack

Limbaugh, take a hint from fellow neocon Ann Coulter. If you have to be a poorly educated blowhard who makes money off of idiots, at least have a sense of humor.

19. chickenlips

This guy, Rush, is nothing but a very bad cancerous tumor to the USA

20. william

Mr. Limbaugh he is nothing but a racist idiot that has no place in the media!

21. KMAN

Boo Hoo ... is FAT BOY going to cry?

22. Vick

Liberals always hate Rush and tries to discredit him. It never works because he tells the truth. You say anyone who listens to Rush is an idiot, well anyone who wants to live under socialism is an idiot. I was for Obama, but now I want his Socialist Agenda to fail. I thought he was all for fixing the economy, but it his Agenda he is after.

Yes, I will go back to listening to Rush..I'm so disappointed in Obama.
    My children and my grandchildren will never see this debt paid. How much more do we want to borrow from China?

March 2, 2009 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  23. They eat their own

They eat their own. Keep feasting you morons.

March 2, 2009 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  24. Skip, a black man

If you dont like Rush, your not a true American!

March 2, 2009 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  25. markens

This country becomes a divided country. The conservatives nuts will make this country go backward. God, help us.

March 2, 2009 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |