March 2nd, 2009

Limbaugh fires back at Steele

Limbaugh criticized RNC Chairman Michael Steele for his recent comments.
Limbaugh criticized RNC Chairman Michael Steele for his recent comments.

(CNN) – Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh fired back at Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele Monday, suggesting on his radio show the GOP leader appears to be supporting President Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

"Why do you claim to lead the Republican Party when you seem obsessed with seeing to it President Obama succeeds?" Limbaugh addressed Steele.

"I frankly am stunned that the chairman of the Republican National Committee endorses such an agenda. I have to conclude that he does because he attacks me for wanting it to fail," said Limbaugh.

Late last week, Steele told CNN's D.L. Hughley that Limbaugh is an "entertainer" whose comments are "ugly."

Also on his radio program Monday, Limbaugh said Steele is being used by the "liberal media."

"Michael Steele has been around long enough to know that the liberal media will use him by twisting what I say or what others say," he said. "He took the bait, he bit down hard on the bait, he launched an attack on me, even though the premise of what was said to him was false."

Filed under: Rush Limbaugh
  1. Adrian Veidt

So basically, Rush is claiming to be the official voice of the Republican party after all?

2. California Gold

Limbaugh is offensive on so many levels to so many people. Bashing GOP leadership only makes Limbaugh look more like a member of the lunatic fringe.

3. debbie

Why won't Rush Limbaugh just be quiet and go away? Even the RNC is telling him to be quiet!

4. Lisa

This first mistake Steele and the RNC made is to have Limbaugh, Coulter and Joe the Plumber on the speaker's agenda last week. If you really want to create change, don't invite the problems to the party and allow them to stir up hate. Don't provide them the forum and vehicle to spew such vile then claim they don't lead the party. Limbaugh is not going to stop-he makes too much money and is a blow hard. Ask him how that drug rehab is going for him–maybe that will shut him up.

5. Floyd in New York

By Rush commenting on Micheal Steele today on his radio program I believe Rush just got checkmated!

6. america first

how can you twist, AND I QUOTE, "I HOPE HE FAILS", what other meaning can this have, maybe steele doesn't hope our President fails, when you hope our President fails you are saying you HOPE OUR COUNTRY FAILS, you said it limbaugh, now you have to live with.

7. Ohio for Obama- Suburbs

Wow! Still Divided in the party, and now the drama begins

8. jenn

Rush Limbaugh is unpatriotic! He wants this country to fail! He wants the American people to continue to suffer through economic hardships, and US soldiers to continue to suffer the consequences of Bush's poor strategic decisions! Traitor!

I didn't like George W. Bush (understatement!) but I sure wish he had been a more successful President. I never, ever rooted for him to fail–I could foresee the consequences of some of his worse decisions, but even in those cases I hoped I was wrong. Why? Because I want this country to succeed.

That said, I sure hope Rush Limbaugh fails. I hope "the free market" puts him out of a job, because why people would listen to him is beyond me. He doesn't practice what he preaches, that's for sure.

9. G.O.P.: When you got nothing, You got nothing to lose

Next Reality Show: "When Rushpublicans Attack".

10. Larry

There is always a really bad smell in the room every time Limbaugh speaks

What a hateful racist man he is

It is beyond my ability to understand why any human being would listen for even one secound, to anything that comes out of Limbaugh's mouth

11. Larry

Limbaugh will eat him alive. Let's see if he will stand up to him. It will set the agenda for the Party going forward.

12. Tom

Let's hope that Rush keeps talking right through the mid-term election. He appears not have learned anything from the last one. But then again, Limbaugh's focus has never been on the country- only his ratings (and wallet).

13. mag

Who is your daddy, baby? Let the fighting commence!

14. Al Ram

To the relatives of Rush Limbaugh if you love Rush please tell him to have a mental evaluation. I believe he needs one.

March 2, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  15. the panther La, Ca

where was Steele attacking Rush ?

both these fools are dillusional

Rush Limbaugh needs to stay off the pills

March 2, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  16. TruthFighter

Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly and that skinny chick Anne Coulter.....please keep whining. You are killing your OWN party.

Obama 08 ... and WE won't fail.

March 2, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  17. Bob

Take some more pain killers, Rush. I feel sorry for anyone who cares about what you think. What a party, Rush Limbaugh, Joe the Plumber, and Sara Palin. Good luck.

March 2, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  18. July

Oh. My. God! ............. this is sooooo good.

Let me get my cool aid while this soap opera goes on. This way to good! ;op

Come on Steel ... your turn!

March 2, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  19. markens

people, seat back and watch the gop kills themselves. welcome to gop show. stupid.........

March 2, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  20. Mississippi Mike

I totally agree with Limbaugh. Steele is not the man needed to lead the GOP, although Rush is not the man either. Steele just doesn't seem to have the backbone to stand up to Obama and his fanatics.

March 2, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  21. BudInTexas

It is now time for the Fat Boy to be put into a home for the absolutely crazy.

This guy gets nuttier every day. He is like Capt. Queeg on steroids.

March 2, 2009 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  22. gerry

lol, that didn't take long to respond to Steele. These guys are jokers, they can't run their party, how can they run the country.

March 2, 2009 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  23. Anonymous

Rush is liberal media, what a farse. The media companies are owned by rich republican companies, who are they trying to kid.
    And Rush should go back to his oxycodone doctors for a refill.
    He has NO credibility.

March 2, 2009 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  24. Nancy Renaud

I read a lot of the comments on this and the other thread regarding Rush and his hate fill spews about Obama. Let me say this...I am not a Republican nor am I a Democrat. The Republicans blew it with the ticket they selected. I am also sick and tired of hearing how Obama is raising the deficit. Hey, in case you have been living in a cave for the past 8 years, this was a deficit that was caused by your last bum, Bush and frankly anyone who tries to fix this mess is going to come under fire. Let Obama try. After all, he can't do any worse than the last trigger man at the helm. The guy hasn't even been in office 100 days and you are ready to crucify him. Guess this is in time for Easter...another crucifixation. Anyway, if you can do any better with this messed up economy that Obama inherited – that's INHERITED for those of you who are blind, then how about you offering a better option for recovery instead of following in the footsteps of Mr Hatred himself, good ole Rush.

March 2, 2009 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  25. Patrick - Indianapolis

Limbaugh is the reason nobody but the republican base will take anything a republican says seriously. It matters not if he is only an entertainer. When you address the public via radio, you are not allowed to say hateful things. Every other radio personality that has contributed to the spread of hate has been banished from the public airwaves. Its time for Limbaugh to join the rest of the crowd on satellite radio. Not only will it get his hateful words off of the air, but it might also stimulate the failing satellite radio business. Doubtful. Really, he just needs to go. This is not productive.

March 2, 2009 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |