March 2nd, 2009

Limbaugh fires back at Steele

Limbaugh criticized RNC Chairman Michael Steele for his recent comments.
Limbaugh criticized RNC Chairman Michael Steele for his recent comments.

(CNN) – Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh fired back at Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele Monday, suggesting on his radio show the GOP leader appears to be supporting President Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

"Why do you claim to lead the Republican Party when you seem obsessed with seeing to it President Obama succeeds?" Limbaugh addressed Steele.

"I frankly am stunned that the chairman of the Republican National Committee endorses such an agenda. I have to conclude that he does because he attacks me for wanting it to fail," said Limbaugh.

Late last week, Steele told CNN's D.L. Hughley that Limbaugh is an "entertainer" whose comments are "ugly."

Also on his radio program Monday, Limbaugh said Steele is being used by the "liberal media."

"Michael Steele has been around long enough to know that the liberal media will use him by twisting what I say or what others say," he said. "He took the bait, he bit down hard on the bait, he launched an attack on me, even though the premise of what was said to him was false."

Filed under: Rush Limbaugh
  1. Ed from Wisconsin

Limbaugh is such a douche bag, and the ultimate pessimist.

March 2, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  2. indielaughingatgop

blah-hahahahahah. self destruction at its finest.

March 2, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  3. Sherry

Rush Limbaugh is a perfect example of what is wrong with this country. Wanting Obama to fail in trying to resurrect the economy is an insult to all Americans. Regardless of who was elected we should all be wanting him to succeed in strengthening the US economy. Anyone who is wanting him to fail is unpatriotic & should find some place else to live. What an idiot!

March 2, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  4. MLM411

Here we go again.....CNN and other media focusing on Rush, Bobby Jindal, Michael Steele, Eric Cantor's comments.....rather than on the outrageous Democrat policies that within 45 days have brought our economy to its knees. The stimulus, housing recovery, and the latest $3 trillion proposed budget, are going to ruin our country. The media needs to focus on this!!!!!

5. Ben

Sadly, Steele is right about Limbaugh and Limbaugh is right about Steele.

6. ldk

LOL…I LOVE IT. Steele and LImbaugh fighting in the sandbox. Who will emerge the true leader of the GOP? Either way you conservatives are toast. What a laugh.

7. Philly Guy

EVERYONE attacks Rush. Even the Republicans. No wonder he pops so many pills! Poor Rush!!

8. Chris

I am not going to pretend that I like Rush Limbaugh, because I don't. He is a radical republican that I cannot stand for. However, him saying that he wants Obama's socialist agenda to fail, well, I could not agree more, and I hope everyone else would agree. None of us want Obama to fail, we don't want the USA to fail, but we also don't want Socialism. Obama talks of out of control spending from the Bush years, does he realize that his 2010 budget is more that 4 times any budget Bush ever put forth. People, wake up, Obama's first concern is to push his big government, liberal agenda, then his second concern is to get us out of the recession. First lesson of macro-economics – don't raise taxes for anyone, it can push a recession to a depression. Where are you getting your financial advice from, Obama? I claim to be an independant, but Obama is pushing me over the edge. This out of control spending, that is unparalleled to any presidential campaign, and this is just in 1 month, is rediculous. Stop this liberal spending now. I wish I would have voted for McCain, at least during his campaign, he said he would put a freeze on all spending. That is fiscal responsibility. Obama = Socialist.

9. G.O.P.: When you got nothing, You got nothing to lose

The Rushpublican Party has become a group of crazed weasels, attacking anything that moves.

10. Louis

Stand back everyone!! LImbaugh looks like he will explode!

11. Observer

RUSH…can you say bully? That’s what you are looking more & more like. I have had enough of listening to you listen to your self and then answering. Your 15 minutes are just about up. Oh...take your drugs with you when you go.

12. David S. Robins

Mr. Steele is right. Limbaugh is an ugly entertainer. He is, in fact, the principal neo-Nazi in America today. He deserves to be criticized and condemned. He is most certainly not a patriot as he falsely claims to be when he publicly expresses hope that America will fail.

13. Thor

You Go Rush.

We stand behind you, and it's about time the GOP chairman and other Republicans wake up.

14. Joan

I find it interesting that the GANG mentality CNN is doing with Mr. Limbaugh is exactly what they did to Sarah Palin. Is that the appropriate way to run a news organization, and, are you not surprised that more and more people have turned to FOX News for "both sides" of a story? Very sad when the world will be expected to have ONE opinion.

15. John

So Limbaugh and Steele are fighting? I feel like the woman who saw her husband fighting with a bear. I just don't know which side to root for.

16. ps

Rush you twist truth for your own gain, you spout incinderary comments to attract attention. Your are a seller of snake oil.

17. SMJ

He looks like he could explode – like a pimple! My grandfather would say that Rush is a PIMPLE on the A$$ of progress!! Take some more drugs, Rush, and calm down. No body likes you and we're going to start boycotting your sponsors...

18. Carol

Limbaugh is afraid to admit that he is the GOP leader? Run for President in 2012 and let's see how that turns out. lol!

19. Chris

What we need these days is discourse based on evidence for both political parties and their followers. For example, where is the hard evidence that the tax breaks and the rebates of the Bush administration actually created jobs? Where are the studies that show that the stimulus package and the bailouts will actually create jobs and stabilize the financial system? Populist views such as those of Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin are particularly unhelpful. Let the experts/technocrats speak. We need them now more than ever to help us decide how we, the ordinary folk, are to survive this economic crisis.

20. Bruce

One word describes Limbugh DISGRACEFUL! Don't intend to waste my time on such a bigot.

March 2, 2009 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  21. Al

Michael Steele as an African-American, while I don't agree with your views in the GOP you do offer some hope that one day some African-American could grow up and join the GOP. But I really hope you stand your ground and don't bow down to Russ Limbaugh because if you do, you would be kicking sand on the legacy of MLK and Fredrick Douglas.

March 2, 2009 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  22. MLM411

Here we go again…..CNN and other media focusing on Rush, Bobby Jindal, Michael Steele, Eric Cantor's comments…..rather than on the outrageous Democrat policies that within 45 days have brought our economy to its knees. The stimulus, housing recovery, and the latest $3 trillion proposed budget, are going to ruin our country. The media needs to focus on this!!!!!

March 2, 2009 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  23. Too Happy

I couldn't write this script myself, either way one right wingnut goes down

March 2, 2009 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  24. kmn

Rush Limbaugh is one scary dude.

March 2, 2009 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  25. colleen

You go Rush, focus on the head of the Republican party. It only shows all the Repulicans who are still hanging on by a thread that they need to let go and get out of that crazy party and see how Rush is as anti america as it comes. Wonder if he's back on the drugs? If I had so much hatered and loathing for everyone and everything and so many people hated me (esp women as you said yourself) the drugs night be the only peace he ever gets.

March 2, 2009 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |