March 4th, 2009

Limbaugh vs. President Obama

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday.

(CNN) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday, calling on him to visit his talk show for an "intelligent, open discussion" on issues like health care and taxes.

"If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong," said Limbaugh. "If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize you will own the United States of America?"

Limbaugh also accused the White House of orchestrating an attack on him, telling his listeners that the Obama team is demonizing the radio host since Bush left office. He said the effort was being spearheaded by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who Limbaugh refers to as the "power behind the throne."

"Don't let his effeminate nature and his ballerina past mislead you on this. He may look effeminate (he was a ballerina at one time) but he has the feral instincts of a female rat defending its young," Limbaugh said.

"I'm calling. I'm ready. I'll do everything I can to facilitate it. You're a very courageous man, Mr. President. I am, after all, just The Last Man Standing," Limbaugh said.

In January, Limbaugh called on the president to sign on to his “bi-partisan” stimulus plan, which would increase government spending for roughly half the country, and cut taxes for the other half.

Filed under: President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
  1. Vincent

Why doesn't Rush Limbaugh just keep his big gate shut!

March 4, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  2. Jon

Conservatives are where Dems were 8 years ago. Four or eight years from now when Obama has run this country further into the ground, Repub. will be back. The American people haven't caught on to the fact that BOTH parties are dirty and neither care what the average person thinks. Case in point:
    8000+ earmarks...WRONG
    No investigation why Freddie and Fannie have failed....WRONG
    No real plan for energy independance...WRONG
    But we'll keep electing them year after year and argue over which party is worse...LOL!

March 4, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  3. Lisa P

For there to be an intelligent debate first Rush would have to have something intelligent to say, which doesn't seem too likely. But supposing he does: wouldn't his nationally syndicated radio program be the place to say it?

I say if Rush can manage 40 days of polite, respectful and well informed commentary on his show then maybe Obama could give him a hearing or invite him over for a ballgame. Obama's been running the country for 40 days while all Rush has been running is his mouth - why should Obama waste his time listening to a stupid abusive loudmouth? He's not some idiot conservative know-nothing or a desperate Republican watching his political career slowly circle the drain. You want some respect from the real players, Rush? Earn it.

March 4, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  4. Jo

With the windbag going full steam, the president wouldn't get in a word. And besides he has more important things to do, like running the country and helping us out of the mess little George got us into. Rush be thankful you live in a country that lets you spout off your vile and hate. In a lot of countries you would be nothing but a bad memory.

March 4, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  5. President Obama

Dear Rush Limbaugh,

Yes Rush, let's debate.

Rush you said you are the Last Republican Standing. Rush you said, you are the perfect figure of what it is to be a Conservative. Rush you said, you are the perfect figure of what it is to be a Republican. Rush you said, only you are wise enough to run America. So if I'm to debate anyone, then it should be you since you are the Almighty All Powerful All Knowing Wise Republican Conservative.

But we shouldn't waste our time or America's time on a small poorly ran Radio Show. Instead we should do a Real Debate in the World of Real Politics!

Rush, do what you preach! Rush, run for the President nominee for the Republican Party in 2012. Then I'll see you in the Real Debates! Then yes the world will then truely decide who is best for America, and who should shut their mouths!

March 4, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  6. Elliot

All I see is the obvious liberals doing is name calling, as usual. Why would anyone not want to have a debate between a liberal and a conservative. There might be good points made on both sides that would enlighten everyone. But that is not what you socialists want. You try to beat down anyone that disagrees until there is only one side of the story. What amazes me is the lack of desire for the truth or knowledge. Now, go drink your Kool-Aid.

March 4, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  7. Chris from NY

This man will get a heart attack soon. I have seen how all the vein in his neck looks like they are about to explode. If he keeps screaming the way he is he may become a psych patient one day. That's if he's not one already .

March 4, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  8. Katie

I too am a republican, and this man Rush is really making me look pretty bad.

March 4, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  9. unbeliever

The republican party has to cringing know this guy is on their team. He is making the party look really foolish. He has become so ridiculous he has become a caricature. He is quite an hilarious guy. Keep it Rush Limpdick

March 4, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  10. Disgusted

Rush Limbaugh is a fascist, homophobic drug addict. And he looks like a pig. To give him a national platform like the GOP did last week shows how desperate Republicans are and the depth of their utter stupidity.

March 4, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  11. Wayne, Greenville TX

By definition, it won't be an "intelligent" discussion – Limbaugh will be there.

March 4, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  12. Fordy

By this, is Rush suggesting that he is the current owner of the U.S? Is this like a challenge and the winner gets America? What?

March 4, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  13. csw

What a joke, this loser is so disgusting he speaks only from his stupidity.

March 4, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  14. CNN, PLEASE POST MY COMMENTS, THANKS

President Obama will never lower himself to this wingding's idiotic level! I have never seen so many crazy people in my life. Where did they ever come from?

March 4, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  15. jdquest

How can anyone have a reasonable discussion with this idiot. No matter what happens in a discussion he will come back and declare himself the winner and convince his listeners that he is, by just continuing to repeat the falsehood over and over as he regularly does. He does have an influence on prople who don't know how to think for themselves but the only way to combat that is to ignore him as much as possible and proceed for the good of the country. I'm sorry that Emanuel allowed Limbaugh to goad him into acknowledging his existence. I think there are a lot of other people out there, in this country, who are not taken in by Limbaugh's tactics. I, for one have never been a hippie, have never smoked marijuana and have rarely taken a legal pain reliever much less been involved in illegal drugs. Some of us learned to think for ourselves. If you believe everything anyone says then you are puppet.

March 4, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  16. josh

Mr. Rush you're a no body to the people and Mr. Obama is the president of the nation, what makes you think he would take an invitation from a radical guy who wants him to fail? Don't you know if he fails so is the nation and so is the world? It's my pleasure to inform you that you're simply another Joe the plumber in the majority's people eyes. And if you didn't get my point yet, YOU ARE A NOBODY looking for the ultimate 15min of the century. And I put my man if he was going to come you'll be dead like your pet Bush!!!

March 4, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  17. J Johnson

For President Obama to debate Rush would be like the Pittsburgh Steelers challenging Hooterville High School. There's no glory there. Rush, President Obama is far too intelligent to fall for that ruse.

March 4, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  18. GG

I think GOP are acting like INSURGENTS now!!!!!!!!

March 4, 2009 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  19. insanity

lol.. Rush is a moron!.. I think Obama should take up the challenge.
    Rush can only talk about Conservative principles, and nothing practical or pragmatic.

March 4, 2009 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  20. Chas f

Limbaugh is a raving lunatic... a talking head idiot with a grievance and a soap box.

March 4, 2009 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  21. J.Gordon

When citizens, public officials, and pundits criticized and attacked Bush and Cheney for their pre-emptive war in Iraq, they were arrested and called "unAmerican" and "unpatriotic!"

So, now what do you call it when GOP Senators and Congressmen AND pundits attack President Obama and openly pray for him to fail in his attempt to rescue our economy and foreign policy?!

HEY Minority Leader John A. Boehner, AND Rush Limbaugh, AND Tom Delay! We hereby call YOU unAmerican AND unpatriotic AND traitors to the United States of America!

Do you really think an entire nation of Americans have instantly and simultaneously developed amnesia about the last horrendous 8 years of Republican rule?!

We remember every lying traitorous word and deed the GOP leaders spewed to shred our Constitution, ruin our reputation world-wide, destroy the lives of thousands of American soldiers and their families, stuff their friends' pockets with our hard earned money, and lay ruin to our economy all in the name of the GRAND OLD PARTY!

TRAITORS = GOP

AND let's never forget it.

March 4, 2009 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |