March 4th, 2009

Limbaugh vs. President Obama

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday.

(CNN) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday, calling on him to visit his talk show for an "intelligent, open discussion" on issues like health care and taxes.

"If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong," said Limbaugh. "If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize you will own the United States of America?"

Limbaugh also accused the White House of orchestrating an attack on him, telling his listeners that the Obama team is demonizing the radio host since Bush left office. He said the effort was being spearheaded by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who Limbaugh refers to as the "power behind the throne."

"Don't let his effeminate nature and his ballerina past mislead you on this. He may look effeminate (he was a ballerina at one time) but he has the feral instincts of a female rat defending its young," Limbaugh said.

"I'm calling. I'm ready. I'll do everything I can to facilitate it. You're a very courageous man, Mr. President. I am, after all, just The Last Man Standing," Limbaugh said.

In January, Limbaugh called on the president to sign on to his “bi-partisan” stimulus plan, which would increase government spending for roughly half the country, and cut taxes for the other half.

Filed under: President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
  1. A Really Conservative Realist

Our Prez is a fairy. No chance of this happening.

March 4, 2009 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  2. Arkansas Undertaker

You'd loose Boss Limbaugh!!!

March 4, 2009 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  3. Irishny

It would be interesting to hear if nothing else.

Should be just what the democrats need to take peoples minds off the economic slump.

That is what all this talk about a radio talk show host is about right?

March 4, 2009 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  4. TracyM.

He's going to self-combust. This is getting downright scary.

March 4, 2009 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  5. big papa

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Secret Service will be visiting you Rush...

...RENDITION #1...

March 4, 2009 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  6. Gorbashov - Long Beach, Ca.

LMAO

What an arrogant pompus windbag!

Lush, no one but the Republican party Leadership, and your "ditto-heads" are listening to you.

The nation is as deaf to you as your own drug-induced deafness!

March 4, 2009 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  7. Alan

N-I-C-E! JUST the kind of "well-thought-out" "intelligent" debate I'm sure our President has time for.

Rush Limbaugh has a DEEP-ROOTED problem with self-esteem. That's the only reason I can think of that every point he makes, every argument he enters into, always falls down to name-calling and belittling bs.

People - if you've REALLY had enough of Rush (as I have), join me. Go to his Website. Note ALL of his advertisers. Listen to his show and get more. Write to EVERY ONE and let them know you will no longer buy their products so long as they continue to support his brand of hate-mongering and lies.

It's a "market correction" that's long overdue.

March 4, 2009 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  8. once upon a horse

Personally I think President Obama has far more important things to do for our country than to try to feed the ego of this overpaid talk show host. Obama has the most important position in the world right now, Rush lives in his OWN world. The president really shouldn't give this jerk the time of day.

March 4, 2009 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  9. Roco

Disgusting...

March 4, 2009 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  10. no corporate politics

Limbaugh is such a baffoon. Is he just after more audience or is going to run for some office?

I am critical of Obama on specific issues, but I am sure glad Obama is in charge and not someone like Limbaugh. (shiver)

March 4, 2009 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  11. Paula LUcee

If not Obama, then Who? Rush Limbaugh? Is he going to run for President and get us out of this mess. Does the country want Limbaugh? If not Obama then who? Sarah Palin, McCain, Bobby Jindal. They can't even make it to the primaries. Everybody had better get on board and support this young President. If not Obama, then WHO?WHO?WHO?WHO?WHO?WHO?WHO?WHO?WHO?WHO? Do the Repukes have a new dog to let out that we don't know about? WHO? WHO? WHO?

March 4, 2009 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  12. Lori, Houston Texas

Barack H. Obama is the 44th President of the United Sates of America. He "comes" to no one. If Rush wants to debate President Obama, I suggest he call the office of the President and request an appointment. If it's denied, then, Oh well, I guess he's just not that into you, Rush.

March 4, 2009 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  13. dennisk

And thus do we reach the point where Rush must be ignored, lest the Democrats also be snared into validating his worthless existence...

March 4, 2009 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  14. J.L.

Isn't the word "intelligent" an oxymoron when it's used in the same sentence as Rush Limbaugh? And holding a discussion with someone like Limbaugh would be like talking to a wall... all Limbaugh likes to do is talk AT you... More of a preacher than a debater.

March 4, 2009 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  15. Minnesota

This guy just may have a bigger ego than I thought. And I thought he had a very big ego.

.... own the USA???? Is he really implying he owns it now?

March 4, 2009 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  16. Denver Dem

OMG please let Obama go on this drug addled losers talk show, and make his Republi-KLAN followers realize how dumb and unretentive their self proclaimed leader Rush really is. Anyone see the movie Idiocrisy this is what would happen if we put Repubs in charge into the future.

March 4, 2009 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  17. Yinka

This guy is just another noise maker that will like to sell is fake ideas. I think Mr President is busy for us (The America People) not rush the multi-millionaire.

March 4, 2009 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  18. Jack in cali

ummm obama is busy running a country.......i dont think he has time to chat it up with this lunatic.

March 4, 2009 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  19. Tom

As if the President of the United States would dignify this ignorant windbag!

March 4, 2009 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  20. John Starnes Tampa Florida

His tragic embarassing need to be the center of attention is matched only by that of Palin's. That they speak for conservative Republicans is truly pathetic.

March 4, 2009 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  21. windfall

if Rush wants to debate Obama, he can run for office.

March 4, 2009 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  22. Ryan

Comedian Limbaugh is entertaining but not worth anyone's trouble really.

March 4, 2009 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  23. Kurt in PA

This man is something else entirely...

March 4, 2009 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  24. BC

Rush, you are just such an embarrassment to intelligent, rational Republicans. Can you just shut that big fat mouth of yours?!! You DO NOT speak for me!!

March 4, 2009 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  25. David

Obama please don't get in the mud with this fool. You got to much on your plate.

March 4, 2009 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |