March 4th, 2009

Limbaugh vs. President Obama

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday.

(CNN) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday, calling on him to visit his talk show for an "intelligent, open discussion" on issues like health care and taxes.

"If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong," said Limbaugh. "If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize you will own the United States of America?"

Limbaugh also accused the White House of orchestrating an attack on him, telling his listeners that the Obama team is demonizing the radio host since Bush left office. He said the effort was being spearheaded by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who Limbaugh refers to as the "power behind the throne."

"Don't let his effeminate nature and his ballerina past mislead you on this. He may look effeminate (he was a ballerina at one time) but he has the feral instincts of a female rat defending its young," Limbaugh said.

"I'm calling. I'm ready. I'll do everything I can to facilitate it. You're a very courageous man, Mr. President. I am, after all, just The Last Man Standing," Limbaugh said.

In January, Limbaugh called on the president to sign on to his “bi-partisan” stimulus plan, which would increase government spending for roughly half the country, and cut taxes for the other half.

Filed under: President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
  1. RDS

LMAO..as if Rush Limbaugh is the most important person to talk to! What kind of public policy does he author that would warrant the president taking off time to come to his show and speak to millions of republicans who didn't vote for him anyways..MOVING ON! Rush is so not the hot topic right now!

March 4, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  2. time for a drug test

Rush, get over yourself, it's not going to happen. I can see him running in circles, while talking to his listeners, getting himself all puffed up over the issues and his obsession with President Obama, saying "yeah, yeah, I'm going to debate with him, and the I'm gonna really tell him....and the people will love me. The people will chant my name, and tell me how great are thou", drugs kill dirt bag!!! It's all too apparent that he's fallen off the wagon and have doubled up on the doses.

March 4, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  3. Allen Lana'i Hawaii

Yea for Rush! President Obama will not do it. There are many people who are seeing this administartion for what it wants, a move towards a socialism. There are people in any society for what ever reasons are underacheivers. They want what others have, but can not figure out how to get it through their own endeavers. We have the federal government bailing out banks, Wall Street, Insurance Companies, Auto Companies, mortage companies, and now borrowers. The government can not print the money fast enough. The US dollar will basically become worthless after the Democrats and the President get done with it all. The once proud United States will become the Zinbabwe of the Americas. Our government is taking from some and handing it out to others. Shame on you all who voted for these sham artist!

March 4, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  4. LLM in MD

STAY AWAY!! NOT WORTH IT!! They have no solutions Mr. President...only pointing fingers.

March 4, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  5. candian pov

Absolutely ridiculous! Does this clown know what the President of the United States of America does with his time? I simply cannot imagine any leader in any country taking a radio talk show host's challenge seriously. If Mr. Limbaugh want to represent a political point of view with the merits required to even get close enough to the President for discussion, then he should run for office, get elected and attend the appropriate meetings.

This Limbaugh is an absolute clown. The likes of him, Palin, Jindal and Steele riding in on the backs of Bush, Cheney et al makes me think that we are indeed witnessing the Decline of the American Empire. The whole lot of them wouldn't qualify as a circus act for Barnum and Bailey.

March 4, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  6. jim

God I hope the president doesn't even give a response to this. Honestly this guy needs to lay off the drugs and get his kicks elsewhere and leave our president alone, President Obama has enough work to do, he doesn't need to be a psychiatrist for this lunatic.

March 4, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  7. Once you vote Black

Why would Obama want to take Rush out of the picture? If Rush looses he just reverts to a radio host and his ditto heads just keep listening. Rush is the best thing going for the Dems right now. Let him festa until he burst like all the other boils.

March 4, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  8. frank , pennsylvania

Republicans are taking a great risk by not actively preventing this radio talk-show man from being the bedrock of their party. There is a risk of the RNC being seen as inciting anarchy in the country. It is certainly disgraceful for Steele to back-out from the apt comments he made about Limbaugh – it makes him nothing more than a stourge without any principle or opinion! Shame on you Steele!

March 4, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  9. Phil

Wow.. ego on this man. I can't believe people listen to this basura.

March 4, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  10. Terri in FL

What a narcissistic ego maniac! Why on earth would the President of the United States set aside time to stroke some wackjob's ego on the radio????

March 4, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  11. Mississippi Mike

Without a teleprompter, the mighty obama will get eaten alive. I would still like to see his school record, anyone this dumb must be hiding something, Come on Obama tell us the truth.

March 4, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  12. nick dubravac

I'd love to see and hear something like this. O'bama's been given a complete by the media. As was quoted in the movies "you can't handle the truth". Rush would eat him alive. O'bama is pure minor league. Sorry all you Messiah lovers.

March 4, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  13. francisca

Rush is a dreamer.

March 4, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  14. Nate

Rush,
    Please withdraw the challenge.
    He is likely to make a very poor showing.
    That is not what America needs right now.
    Nobody is saying it, but the reason for the stock market slide is that we worry we have the wrong guy at the helm.
    We don't need to prove it on the air.
    Just let it go until Wall Street nervs settle down.
    Then just go about your business of broadcasting your views.
    Showing him as unprepared to face logic and truth will cause a serious tailspin for the country.
    Please.
    You know I'm right.

March 4, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  15. David

Why would THE PRESIDENT even condescend to acknowledge the existence of this ignorant, fat bastard?

March 4, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  16. yeah right

Who the heck does he think he is? You are not an elected official youare a radio personality just because the GOP is dumd enough to follow to the cliff and let speak for them does not make you relevent to the rest of us.
    What a disgusting person, selfish and unintelligent

March 4, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  17. Keven Bennett

Just ignore him O.
    He's desparate for your attention, and yeah, what Laverne said!

March 4, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  18. Amber

And what? Give you more raw tape to cut to pieces so you can feed that republican propaganda machine? If the Party of No could suggest something that they'd like people to say yes to, that would be nice. It's pathetic that this idiot is the quasi-leader of a party that seems to only be capable of wallowing in the bitterness of defeat–hoping for the president to fail–rather than developing practical solutions that fall in line with fiscal conservatism and responsible spending. Weren't 40% of those 9,000 earmarks from republican congressmen? Yeah, shut your mouth. The president has the business of leading to keep him occupied, so you'll have to grind these axes another day.

March 4, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  19. Dan

Am I the only one who is tired of hearing about this guy? Nobody elected you Rush, we voted for Obama!!!!!

March 4, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  20. FF

It would be interesting to see how well Obama does without his teleprompter ... when he's not scripted, he walks into traps (ie. Joe the Plumber).

I'd put my money on Rush. Obama has nothing to gain and everything to lose; no way he does it.

March 4, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  21. I heart Obama

I love it LOL Rahm must be getting to rush. I can her Rush now yelling into his mic getting all flustered.

The Repugs. are up against a Administration that can handle thier BS.

Is Rush challenging BO on behalf of the Repugs? So he admits he is their leader. LOL

March 4, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  22. Rick in Phoenix

"If you can take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize that you will own the United States of America".. WHAT?????? This guys drug habit is obviously getting wrose. I'm an Independent, but if I were a Democrat I would be laughing my head off and if I were a republican I would be deeply disturbed. He's basically stating that if the President proves him wrong then The rest of America will bow down because the great GOD Limbaugh was taken down???? This guys ego has no limit.. What a Joke

March 4, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  23. Jason

The ideals that Limbaugh would challenge Obama with would win out 110% over Obamas. Liberal ideas/ideals are doomed for failure when they're debated fairly.

March 4, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  24. James

Rush would destroy Obama in a debate. Rush doesn't have the luxury of "uh-um-ing" through a performance like the other half of this debate.

March 4, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  25. Eric

The one thing that has dragged the GOP down is their relentless attacks against a president that is as popular as Obama is. The more they do it, the more his numbers go up and their go down. So keep up the good work guys.

March 4, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |