March 4th, 2009

Limbaugh vs. President Obama

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday.

(CNN) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday, calling on him to visit his talk show for an "intelligent, open discussion" on issues like health care and taxes.

"If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong," said Limbaugh. "If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize you will own the United States of America?"

Limbaugh also accused the White House of orchestrating an attack on him, telling his listeners that the Obama team is demonizing the radio host since Bush left office. He said the effort was being spearheaded by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who Limbaugh refers to as the "power behind the throne."

"Don't let his effeminate nature and his ballerina past mislead you on this. He may look effeminate (he was a ballerina at one time) but he has the feral instincts of a female rat defending its young," Limbaugh said.

"I'm calling. I'm ready. I'll do everything I can to facilitate it. You're a very courageous man, Mr. President. I am, after all, just The Last Man Standing," Limbaugh said.

In January, Limbaugh called on the president to sign on to his “bi-partisan” stimulus plan, which would increase government spending for roughly half the country, and cut taxes for the other half.

Filed under: President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
  1. Donna in California

Limbaugh...You are no match for President Obama! Limbaugh is not even on President Obama's level.

President Obama.....we love you...Keep doing all that you can to keep our country moving in the right direction!

March 4, 2009 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  2. Uncle Ellsworthy

"He's kind of busy these days".
    Really? might be busy flying around on his big ole airplane and being on TV several times a day. He thinks he's still campaigning apparently. Didn't he already win the election? As skilled as he might be he would be no match for Rush.

March 4, 2009 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  3. Ron from Red Texas

Obama avoid the old all white Jim Crow believers. Its a new day and yes all men really are created equal.

March 4, 2009 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  4. Jay

Rush Limbaugh is as much of the head of the Republican Party as Janeane Garofalo is of the Democratic Party. They are both talking heads and are not to be taken seriously. Unlike Democrats, many Republicans are smart enough not to listen to the voices of the highly uninformed. I know that this is hard for a Democrat to comprehend considering that for the past eight years the Hollywood celebrity crowd have been the main voices for the Democratic Party.

There would be nothing to gain if Obama went on Rush. All he could do is hurt himself. He already has a high enough approval rating that all an interview like that could do is hurt him. That being said there are many intellectual, tough questions that Obama would never be able to answer, because we, the American public, both democratic and republican, would not like his answers if he had to lay them out for us.

March 4, 2009 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  5. Ray F.

When an acolyte from The Church of Limbaugh posts that supporters of President Obama are "mindless sheep," I don't know whether to laugh or...nah, I'll just laugh. For all you Limbaugh fans out there: YOU WORSHIP A HYPOCRITICAL, DRUG-ABUSING BLOWHARD WHO MAKES MILLIONS EVERY YEAR TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU THAT HE'S "ONE OF YOU" WHEN HE WOULD DROP YOU AND HIS SHOW IN A HEARTBEAT FOR A BETTER DEAL.

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the new voice of the Republican Party. Don't believe me? Just ask his right-hand lap dog Steele and the rest who've lined up to beg forgiveness for their "transgressions."

March 4, 2009 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  6. Ron Mosher

This guy must be revisiting his drug cabinet! What a low life and very much a statement on what the Republican Party stands for. By wanting the President to fail he wants the USA to fail and isn't that what the terrorist want?

March 4, 2009 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  7. Diane, NY

It is the likes of Rush Limbaugh and his apparent hold over the Republican party that caused me to leave it after voting Republican for over 20 years. I will not return to the party until it figures out that Rush does not speak for me.

March 4, 2009 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  8. GOP Disaster

Forget it. It's not worth talking to this fat slob.

March 4, 2009 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  9. Nicole

Wow, who the heck does Rush think he is? That man is a total waste of DNA. Some American (moslty Rep, but there are some Dem ( I am one of them) might not agree on all the new President wants or is doing, but after all he is our President and we should want him to succeed because at the end if he fails aren't we all FAILING?

March 4, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  10. Denise

Gawd, what a moron...keep talking Fatboy! You look like you're ready to blow a gasket!

March 4, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  11. Liz in Texas

Rush has finally jumped the shark.

March 4, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  12. Don Woolsey

why all of the personal attacks on Rush, Remember Obama admitted that he was also addicted to drugs. so the name calling should stop. If Obama is leader of the American people his administration should stop singling out private citizens because of their political views. This is America and we should not censure opposition.

March 4, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  13. Brenda

It'll never happen; President Obama is far too chivalrous to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

March 4, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  14. Cindy

Ooooooohh... the gauntlet is thrown. Are the Republican's behind Rush on this? their big man? Their number one?

I would send the ballerina to tackle the fat guy instead. Ralm vs Rush is a better matchup.

March 4, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  15. David H

Why won't Limbaugh just go away? All he wants is ratings.

March 4, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  16. Mike

If Rush is so dumb, what are you liberals afraid of?

March 4, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  17. Amanda

Ummm...really??

He already debated McCain, Hillary, and several other professional politicians to get this job. Sorry Rush but I don't think he can take time out of his busy day being the leader of the free world to debate you on your radio show.

Talk about an over blown sense of self importance.

March 4, 2009 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  18. phoenix86

I don't support Obama and dislike his policies. But Rush needs to chill, he's sounding more like Howard Stern or Jerry Springer.

March 4, 2009 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  19. NY

Hey to those out there saying Obama shouldn't do it and has better things to do, he brought this on himself.

Him and his cronies are the ones elevating Rush, and if he is the leader of the GOP, as they say, than he should accept and go on his show. Hell, Rush said he would pay for it.

March 4, 2009 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  20. Tom

It's nice to know that the people who voted for obama resort to name calling rather than trying to make actual points. It reminds me that I'm still in my right mind.

March 4, 2009 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  21. sensible Cape Coral FL

Rush Baby looks as if he has to use the li'l boys room with all that jumping around. I'm a former first grade teacher and believe me, I know when big fat boys hafta GO. REAL BAD

March 4, 2009 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  22. Georgia Gal

I have no doubt that the President would win a debate with Rush Limbaugh and on one hand I'd like for him to do it so that windbag, Limbaugh would just shut the hell up, but I think that the President has much more important things to do that to debate that fat pig.

March 4, 2009 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  23. Brian in NC

This guy needs to be stopped! He is a two bit, self absorbed radio host. Will someone PLEASE shut him up!

March 4, 2009 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  24. Mike

If Obama wants to kill conservatism once and for all, then he should agree to the debate. Something tells me it will be a much tougher challenge than McCain.

I would tell the Obama White House this: Don't criticize Steele for refusing to confront Rush when your own team (Emanuel, Geithner, Biden) doesn't have the cahones to confront Rush either.

March 4, 2009 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  25. virginia nielsen

President Obama should ignore this cocaine bag !!! This guy needs to live and learn for the next 50 years to come close to our intelligent and very intellectually well prepared Comander-in -Chief. God keep on blessing our leader and this great country, AMERICA!!!

March 4, 2009 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |