March 4th, 2009

Limbaugh vs. President Obama

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday.

(CNN) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday, calling on him to visit his talk show for an "intelligent, open discussion" on issues like health care and taxes.

"If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong," said Limbaugh. "If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize you will own the United States of America?"

Limbaugh also accused the White House of orchestrating an attack on him, telling his listeners that the Obama team is demonizing the radio host since Bush left office. He said the effort was being spearheaded by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who Limbaugh refers to as the "power behind the throne."

"Don't let his effeminate nature and his ballerina past mislead you on this. He may look effeminate (he was a ballerina at one time) but he has the feral instincts of a female rat defending its young," Limbaugh said.

"I'm calling. I'm ready. I'll do everything I can to facilitate it. You're a very courageous man, Mr. President. I am, after all, just The Last Man Standing," Limbaugh said.

In January, Limbaugh called on the president to sign on to his “bi-partisan” stimulus plan, which would increase government spending for roughly half the country, and cut taxes for the other half.

Filed under: President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
  1. Sam

The ego of this man is beyond belief! President Obama is about 10 tiers above him on the intellectual scale and leading a country which has left Rush and his C- followers and moved forward to repair the damage his party has inflicted on our country.
    So please let this demogouge be the face of the conservatives and we can watch them wander into the wilderness of minority status for another 50 years.
    His concubines of hate radio and Faux can continue regurgitating his bile to the 20% who are so deluded that anything appproaching truth is considered somehow liberal media propoganda. Newsflash, the major networks are corperate entities which shade the news to sell the corperate line. If they where in fact liberal maybe one of them would have had the kahonas to question the rights marching of our country into trillion dollar debt while going to war on a premise that a cub reporter could have proven false.

March 4, 2009 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  2. Anonymous

To Rush,

I can see why your wife's left you, or we're they just plain lucky you did the deed. Either way, you are a loser. The FAKE lord has risen, he now swims in the dead fish of the sea. What kind of a person are you? It doesn't matter which party you support, you are the scum of the earth (and your followers too) who thinks he NOOOOO"S it all. You are the anti-christ, not a good title to hold. You should be taken off the air. I wouldn't listen to you even if they gave me a million dollars. And I could really use the money.

March 4, 2009 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  3. Bill

Oh, I can only hope this happens.
    For once, Barak Hussein Obama would have to answer some tough questions from someone that doesn't wet thier pants the moment he begins to speak. After all, it was Barak Hussein Obama who drew first blood by telling congressional Republicans that they shouldn't listen to Rush if they "wanted to get anything done". If the last couple of months are any indication of your idea of "getting things done" then I would suggest that they all tune-in to be reminded of what true conservatism really is.
    Come on, Hussein, take the challenge and show us how wrong Mr. Limbaugh and the rest of us nutty right-wingers really are!

March 4, 2009 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  4. Eric

Problem 1: Bush ran on conservative financial platform, but didn't follow through.
    Problem 2: The US is full of materialistic people willing to overspend and lie to themselves about what they can really afford.
    Problem 3: Obama is an ultra-liberal who is pushing the most socialistic agenda in the history of our country.
    Answer: Pray the Lord comes quicklly!

March 4, 2009 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  5. Sherri

President Obama should not dignify Limbaugh's outlandish request with any response at all. Limbaugh is an entertainer, a talk show host. He's irrelevant & becoming moreso every day. If he wants true change, he should run for office.

March 4, 2009 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  6. Chris - Seattle

I think it's a great idea, Pres. Obama can do a 10-15 minute phone interview with scripted questions and maybe one or two freebies to make it fair to Rush! I feel the President is smart enough to out wit this dude! That way we shut this dude the hell up once and for all and take some of his constituents with us, you never know he might just jump off the sinking Republican dingy and join the ranks of the non-blinded!

March 4, 2009 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  7. Mr. Phil

Let's see here, a college dropout thinks he can stand toe to toe with a Juris Doctorate. The only way Rush could win is by doing what he does best, shouting him down.

March 4, 2009 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  8. The lonely Libertarian of Liverpool

Rush is certainly thinking about the ratings for that show huh? It is after all all about Rush.

March 4, 2009 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  9. Nathan

He calls out Steele, he calls out Emanuel, now Obama...I don't need to wait for him to call out Holder, I see the pattern...

March 4, 2009 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  10. Mark-Atlanta

Ignore the pig…. let the pig takes the Republicans where they belong into the mud. Republicans deserve this kind of a leader to take them extinction after they send 4,000 of my countrymen into death over non-existing WMD is in Iraq and after spending my grand-grand-grand kids money in Iraq….and they have nerve to even mention my grand kids money being spend in my country after spending billions in Iraq! How dare you?!

March 4, 2009 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  11. bob

rush criticized the stimulus for having to much pork, but i cant help but notice the hypocracy in his comments; a mean of his porcine characteristics should not be bandying around "fat" jokes...take another pain killer rush, right after you take a lap and get a haircut

March 4, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  12. Vicman

i was just wondering if liberty and freedom of speech equal disrespect and hatred...this guy is simply taking things too far and the president should refuse to be distracted. Nobody heard all these kind of nonsense grandstanding in the last 8 yrs when they held our economy hostage. This is really ridiculous..

March 4, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  13. JB Cal

Man I would love to see this. I know it will never happen though as your great leader is too busy spending my great-great grandkids money, or is that my great-great-great grandkids money? Oh well, I have lost track as the spending spree goes on and on. But by all means, keep the focus on Rush. That way, you mindless sheep will not notice what is REALLY going on in Washington
    ------------------------------–
    Bush and Cheney took care of that a long time ago.

March 4, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  14. Chris in LeRoy

People that ANYONE Cares about the GARBAGE that Rush Limbaugh trowls out each day is imiterial, its that ,WHY Are we even Acknowledging this republican court jester clown? And why is his own party even tangling with this NOBODY!? THIS GUY IS NOT EVEN WORTH LISTENING TO, AND ANYONE WHO DOE'S IS JUST RUINNING THERE EARS AND WAISTING THERE TIME!

March 4, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  15. antisnob

Oh, and I dearly love the 'druggie' responses here too. Anyone who knows the truth, knows those responses are elementary school level and untrue. But that's what you're counting on... fellow kindergardners that will read that and fall for it.

Personally I give Americans more credit that liberals do.

Because if I was elementary school level, I could point at your liberal president and say "admitted coke user!".

March 4, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  16. dd

What makes this...this...moron think anyone in America gives a crap about what he has to say? His mouth moving spilling out empty words doesn't mean crap to me. If he is so smart, has so much knowledge about "what to do" why isn't he running for a public office where his words could actually do something instead of sitting inside an office mouthing off like an uncontrollable know-it-all teenager?

Put your money where your mouth is, Rush – get into politics and try to make a change instead of always attacking others who are – at the very least – TRYING to improve the American Situation with action instead of words. Geezzzz

March 4, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  17. Millie (GSO)

what an idiot!!!

March 4, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  18. a smiling winner

To Rush,

March 4, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  19. Sean Chong

One more... a cigarette smoker (Obama) who once tried pot, was once called by the Republicans as "drug loving" liberal nuts, not sure why the Republicans worship a pot head who really got addicted to pots?

March 4, 2009 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  20. maxx Atlanta GA

Why would the President of the United States even think of a discussion with a drug addict radio host. This is another repug insane notion that they are relevant and I repeat a dope addict!!!!!! Our President have people that handle this in other words ignore this fool...he hasnt the moral standing of our leader. President Obama is Commander in Chief of the free world and this nur thinks he is what??????? Forge it

March 4, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  21. L for Legend

Mr. President, do like the rest of us and ignore that bloated windbag of a flesh. Ruskie, you ain't worth anyboby listening to, let alone looking at your piggish face.

March 4, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  22. Alex

Limbaugh is like every other republican, he actually wants power and attention to expand government more than any good nature democrat ever would.

March 4, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  23. Lisa

The Republican haven't figured it out yet? They are not dealing with ignorant folks any more the world (this younger generation) is so much wiser now. We dont fall for anything....

March 4, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  24. Craig- Easton, PA

I think in the long list of things that the President needs to focus on, getting into a hissing contest with this twerp is well down the list. I wonder if Rush would even recognize an intelligent conversation. Like the intelligence it takes to compare someone to a feral rat.

March 4, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  25. Spiderweb

Rush Limbaugh is a fool. He does not represent anything that i could support. Furthermore, debate times are over. Barak Obama is the PRESIDENT! He does not have the time to WASTE with Limbaugh. Limbaugh should spend his time striving to REBUILD the Republican Party and work with William Steele. If the Republican Party wish to be a party of the people, for the people, and by the people, Limbaugh should be censored. His foul mouth is like a week-old garbage bag full of rotten sticking trash!

March 4, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |