March 4th, 2009

Limbaugh vs. President Obama

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday.

(CNN) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday, calling on him to visit his talk show for an "intelligent, open discussion" on issues like health care and taxes.

"If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong," said Limbaugh. "If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize you will own the United States of America?"

Limbaugh also accused the White House of orchestrating an attack on him, telling his listeners that the Obama team is demonizing the radio host since Bush left office. He said the effort was being spearheaded by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who Limbaugh refers to as the "power behind the throne."

"Don't let his effeminate nature and his ballerina past mislead you on this. He may look effeminate (he was a ballerina at one time) but he has the feral instincts of a female rat defending its young," Limbaugh said.

"I'm calling. I'm ready. I'll do everything I can to facilitate it. You're a very courageous man, Mr. President. I am, after all, just The Last Man Standing," Limbaugh said.

In January, Limbaugh called on the president to sign on to his “bi-partisan” stimulus plan, which would increase government spending for roughly half the country, and cut taxes for the other half.

Filed under: President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
  1. C. Woods

I, like most Americans, realize that Limbaugh is just an entertainer who is primarily concerned with his ratings. What amazes me is the number of people who sit around listening to the fetid fecal matter this over-sized sewer pipe spews forth.

March 4, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  2. Ann Coulters Adams Apple

President Obama should limit his involvement with Limbaugh to when he considers Rush' appeal for clemency at the end of one of his terms. By then I'm sure Rush will be using some other kind of household help to illegally obtain prescription drugs.

Although this exchange would be entertaining, it will far more so when Rush and Ann Coulter announce that they are gay lovers.

March 4, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  3. slickingdom

Rush Limbaugh has his head so far up his own tale until it's not even
    funny. Why would the President of the U.S. even consider such a
    challenge ? I would imagine that Rush is testing the waters for 2012
    in the event that if he gets the best of Mr. President in a debate on his
    own turf, he can make an attempt to stop his re-election.
    TOTAL IGNORANCE IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN DESCRIBE
    RUSH LIMBAUGH !!!

March 4, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  4. Candice

So... the President of the United States needs to get the approval of Fat Bastard (Head of the Republican Party). President Obama don't join this sinking ship! Please ignore!

March 4, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  5. Justin

Unlike Rush "Jeff Christie" Limbaugh, who – whether you use his birth name or the name he uses when engaging in homosexual trysts – chickened out of service in Vietnam, claiming some sort of cyst, Rahm Emmanuel actually went out of his way to join the Israeli army. What a b****.

March 4, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  6. ~~ July ~~

How about Rush .... if you debate Eric Cantor , Micchael Steel or orange face John Boehner ... and beat them ........... well it wouldn't matter because the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA will not play games with a drugie

March 4, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  7. Steph

President Obama would never lower himself to be a "guest" on this B-celebrity's radio show. Obama is not in the least concerned about Rush. Actually, Rush's bad behavior, and his control of the Republican party, benefits President Obama. Let the right fight amonst themselves while the left gets on with the business of fixing the economy, the wars, etc...

March 4, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  8. seth

I think if they wanted to get rid of Rush the best idea would be to not acknowledge him at all. The more the Dems make a big deal over him, the bigger he becomes. People like him thrive on that kind of thing. Live and let die I say!

March 4, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  9. fella from Chicago

Emanuel was a ballerina! Don't let the Russians hear that, they may kidnap him and put him (?) in their touring ballet troupe. Take my Chief of Staff, please.

March 4, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  10. Sick of Republicans

I sure President Obama would declince this invitation. No on has time to listen to Rush's bulls...but the conservative nuts. Go again Rush and do America a favor and overdose on your drugs.

March 4, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  11. Jim

How can he be the spokesperson for the conservative right wing republican party. He's been divorced 3 times and addicted to and arrested for drugs. He's crazy.

March 4, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  12. Jackie in Dallas

If he wants an intelligent discussion, he'd better find someone to sit in for himself. President Obama would wipe him off the floor. An Honor Graduate of Columbia and Harvard up against someone with a bare high school degree? Not even on the same planet much less in the same league!

March 4, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  13. once upon a horse

when President Bush was failing in the polls did Rush invite him on to debate his policies?

March 4, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  14. Gonzalo

This 400 million Dollar man Doesn't care about the every day person. His listeners must all be well off enough to listen to this vomit. I'm so over this already and we as a nation shouldn't get caught up in this separatist movement from the extreme right. We should boycott ALL his sponsors.

March 4, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  15. Lil Joey

Me thinks the messiah is too sceered!

March 4, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  16. mary

That just gave me the best laugh I'v had in quite a while. It's time to commit Limbaugh. He obviously is having delusions. That is unless he is blotto on drugs or alcohol. If he wants to debate the President, let him run on whatever ticket will take him. If by some miracle he wins, then he will have right to ask for a debate. However, President Obama may be of the opinion that he should not debate with an unarmed man.

March 4, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  17. Howard

Rush ... allow me to explain the situation.

Last November, Obama ran and won. The Democrats ran and won ... in the House, in the Senate, and in the Governors' mansions. The American people turned their backs on the Republican Party. GET OVER IT!

You guys ruled the roost for the past eight years, and the American people decided you did a horribly poor job of it. Now, it's the Democrats' turn. Just be quiet and wait until it's your turn again, just like you forced the Democrats to do.

March 4, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  18. big papa

Hey Rush...

...what if the President sends me instead...

...I'll debate you...

...but no metal detectors...

March 4, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  19. Chaz

Limbaugh wants an "intelligent" and "open" conversation. Yeah, right! But I will admit that he is not stupid. He certainly knows how to make a whole lot of money by dividing and weakening America. Too bad he is not patriotic; he could use his skills to help strengthen the country.

March 4, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  20. gt

obama and the dems better watch out ,,, you better not get in to a fight with a skunk or both of you will come out smelling bad,,,,

March 4, 2009 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  21. andy

Unfortunately Rush's call out is a few months too late, as if it were done back during the election Obummer would have been seen as the ruthless, selfish fraud that he really is. But better late than never, so go for it. If this socialist tool president does not have the courage to step up to his rhetoric and take on Rush, then he ought not run his mouth. Oh, that is right, he is going to try to cram more government regulations down our throat to silence conservative talk.

March 4, 2009 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  22. Farrell, Houston, Tx

IF LIMBAUGH DOESN'T LIKE THE AD, GET OUT OF THE GAME, OBAMA AIN'T IT. OBAMA HAS RISEN ABOVE THIS IDIOT AND THERE IS NO REASON FOR OBAMA TO WASTE TIME WITH LIMBAUGH. I'D BE DISAPPOINTED IF OBAMA SPENT ONE MINUTE WITH HIM.

March 4, 2009 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  23. bernj

Go to hades Rush.

March 4, 2009 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  24. Richard, OH

HAHAHAHA

Looks like Limbaugh is starting to realize the trap the Prez set for him. I guess it doesn't feel too good to be outwitted by the guy you dislike the most.

If Limbaugh wants a debate, he should run for president in 2012. A Limbaugh/Palin ticket would guarantee another Obama landslide.

March 4, 2009 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  25. Mike Tamborrino

Obama won't do it because Rush would tear him to shreads and expose him for the true socialist he is!

March 4, 2009 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |