March 4th, 2009

Limbaugh vs. President Obama

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday.

(CNN) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday, calling on him to visit his talk show for an "intelligent, open discussion" on issues like health care and taxes.

"If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong," said Limbaugh. "If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize you will own the United States of America?"

Limbaugh also accused the White House of orchestrating an attack on him, telling his listeners that the Obama team is demonizing the radio host since Bush left office. He said the effort was being spearheaded by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who Limbaugh refers to as the "power behind the throne."

"Don't let his effeminate nature and his ballerina past mislead you on this. He may look effeminate (he was a ballerina at one time) but he has the feral instincts of a female rat defending its young," Limbaugh said.

"I'm calling. I'm ready. I'll do everything I can to facilitate it. You're a very courageous man, Mr. President. I am, after all, just The Last Man Standing," Limbaugh said.

In January, Limbaugh called on the president to sign on to his “bi-partisan” stimulus plan, which would increase government spending for roughly half the country, and cut taxes for the other half.

Filed under: President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
  1. Anonymous

SHUT up! rushonrulette!

March 4, 2009 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  2. Sniffit

Serioulsy tho...I promise not to hurt him....much...

March 4, 2009 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  3. J G from AZ

Look out world, the Anti-Christ has arrived. God help us.

March 4, 2009 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  4. AnnMM

ok enough free press for Limbaugh – that useless, irrelevant, windbag.

March 4, 2009 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  5. Rush is Right !!

I'll stand behind Rush any day before I would stand behind Rahm Emanuel and Obama. Both of these guys were born of foreign fathers and have not shown through their voting patterns that they have the true interest of the United States at heart. These people purpose to make the world a better place even if it means weakening the United States. Giving $900 million to Hamas will probalbly result in U.S. casualties in the middle east. Raising taxes on the richest 2% will mean less expansion of business and more than likely additional layoffs. Their continued poor policies actions will continue to weaken this once great country. Unlike the rest of you immature bloggers not once did I call Emanuel or Obama any names. GROW UP!

March 4, 2009 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  6. quimby

since when does any president have to justify his actions to a radio talk show host? Would Bush have gone on an Al Franken broadcast? Maybe obama should go on Bill O'Reilly also to justify his actions, then maybe Hannity and Combs...then maybe he should go to the home of every single republican in the country to justify himself...., why stop there, maybe he should send all of us hand written letters... Oh my, Rush you are so utterly useless to society.
    Good or bad The President of the United States of America needs to answer to the American people as a collective you dim wit airbag, not individually.

March 4, 2009 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  7. MySpace?

LOL... Rush reminds me of a lil kid in a chat room who says he will beat you up and that he is a 25 year old navy seal. Boy is rush good at talking the talk. There is a reason why he only talks... that is easy try doing something............. besides drugs and divorces.......

March 4, 2009 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  8. Speider

To a voting public where a high percentage think Sarah Palin would make a great president, there is no proving a point or any reason that could be understood.

Perhaps our economy can be blamed on the "dumbing down" of America.

March 4, 2009 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  9. Joe Unger, San Francisco

This is stupid. Ignore Limbaugh and his attempts to manipulate the media to make himself more powerful. Of course the more comments here, the more CNN will likely keep putting out articles on him.
    If Obama gives Limbaugh more attention, it would be foolish.

March 4, 2009 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  10. Charles

Limbaugh is doing more and more to help Democrats in upcoming elections. Look for "historical" landslides.

March 4, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  11. Nate

Rush should debate Hannity on why the Republican's have no answers to:

1) Health Care
    2) Green Energy Investment
    3) Primary Education Investment
    4) Ending senseless over seas colonialism
    5) why their party is so blatantly hateful

March 4, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  12. Dick

Notice that Rush will only debate Obama on his home turf where he can cut Obama off if things don't go his way. If Rush was serious, he would crawl out of his cave and meet Obama on a neutral court. But then, it's all about ratings, isn't it?

March 4, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  13. Ray Fisher

The President shouldn't waste his time on Limbaugh as it only gives him legitimacy not substance. Limbaugh needs to first debate Steele to build a censensus of what his party stands for and how to better express their beliefs. Smaller government doesn't cut it after the last 8 years. Responsibility??? Nope Foreign Policy??? another nope, in fact what does the Repubican't party respresent other than themselves???

March 4, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  14. Barbara

Rush go take a pill. The president and his team are trying to clean up the mess that was left behind. He has no time for buffoons.

March 4, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  15. Thinking for myself

For all those ready to bash and hate Rush, I ask have you ever actually listened to his show? Not just clips, or sounds bites that people choose to play. But actually the a whole show.

If not, shut up. or even better take a listen, read things he has written. He is not what is being portrayed by Obama and his friends.

Think for yourself. Anyone who would rather let them tell you what to think is someone to be alarmed about. Anyone who tries to quite oppostion by intimidation is someone to be alarmed about. Anyone who lies and distorts what someone says through only sound bites is someone to be wary off. This all stuff people screamed the BUSH adminstration did, but now that it is Obama the antics our a okay.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!! THINK FOR YOURSELF!

March 4, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  16. Bud - Pa

Is Rush on the Oxy again? Maybe he'll get a little respect if he used herion.

March 4, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  17. IKE in Atlanta

DOES THIS GUY HAVE A PSYCHIATRIST?

HE NEEDS ONE!

March 4, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  18. Lindsey

The Republicans think "God" is calling. Dumb Idiots.

March 4, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  19. Sue

This is pathetic, verging on sad, if it weren't so terrifying that this maniac has rabid followers.

March 4, 2009 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  20. southerner

I CAN BEAT YOU EASILY lIMBAUGH, YOU WANT TO DISTORT FACTS TO WIN? I CAN DO IT AS WELL. I CAN TELL THE TRUTH AND YOU DISTORT THE FACTS AND I WILL STILL WIN. I HAVE REPEATEDLY CALLED YOUR SHOW TO DEBATE BUT YOU AND YOUR STAFF WILL NOT DO IT.

March 4, 2009 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  21. shs

As usual, Rush has it backwards. If he wants to debate an elected official he should put his money where his mouth is and run for office. The voters will decide if he is more worthy of following than his opponent.

March 4, 2009 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  22. what a hater

To Anonymous

I second that...

March 4, 2009 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  23. Len in Washington

Thank you, Republicans, for what you have created.

The "Sure Fire Way to Re-Election of Obama!"

We couldn't have asked for more.

March 4, 2009 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  24. ultimato

Keith Olbermann calls him "Comedian" Rush Limbaugh. That's about right. What a clown.

March 4, 2009 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  25. Seth

Saying that you want the President of this country to fail is un-patriotic. If I were Michael Steele I would fire every neo-con political consultant I have and completely denounce this fool, start from scratch, and pray for 2016!

March 4, 2009 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |