March 4th, 2009

Limbaugh vs. President Obama

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday.

(CNN) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday, calling on him to visit his talk show for an "intelligent, open discussion" on issues like health care and taxes.

"If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong," said Limbaugh. "If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize you will own the United States of America?"

Limbaugh also accused the White House of orchestrating an attack on him, telling his listeners that the Obama team is demonizing the radio host since Bush left office. He said the effort was being spearheaded by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who Limbaugh refers to as the "power behind the throne."

"Don't let his effeminate nature and his ballerina past mislead you on this. He may look effeminate (he was a ballerina at one time) but he has the feral instincts of a female rat defending its young," Limbaugh said.

"I'm calling. I'm ready. I'll do everything I can to facilitate it. You're a very courageous man, Mr. President. I am, after all, just The Last Man Standing," Limbaugh said.

In January, Limbaugh called on the president to sign on to his “bi-partisan” stimulus plan, which would increase government spending for roughly half the country, and cut taxes for the other half.

Filed under: President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
  1. Independent

This is guy is a true idiot! The repubs are certainly in trouble

March 4, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  2. Eleanor

Personally I think President Obama is a very fair president and he should shock the big hero Rush Limbaugh and invite him to the whitehouse for dinner HAHA . Rush would likely be so shocked he wouldnt know which end was up
    Get out the dinner invites Pres Obama :-)

March 4, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  3. Jenn

Lol He thinks a lot more of himself then most of us do but I don't think the administration are making it any better by referring to him. He just is not that important. So what that he appeals to a certain type of person that is the republican base? Nothing he democrats say will make those people think rationally and if they think Rush is being targeted they will only believe that means what he says is relavent and it isn't. He is a blow hard and his listeners are intellectually lazy at best and moronic at worst.

March 4, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  4. wil cameron

Lim need to stick to his crowd and pain killers and let the Prez do his thing.Last time I checked he won the election, so i think the people spoken. So Lim please get off of yourself because you are really irrelevant.

March 4, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  5. Lindie

Limbaugh's eighth grade education doesn't qualify him to debate our local dog-catcher.

March 4, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  6. Jeff

"Debate" means Rush would have to periodically stop talking and listen.

March 4, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  7. Melissa

He's doing more damage to the Republican party in two weeks than Bush did in eight years. Its hilarious.

March 4, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  8. mary

what does awaiting moderayion mean? this was my first time commenting

March 4, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  9. Griff............... on The Truth...

I said! She said! When you belong to a community. You ask a guy out, if you dis-agree. He is the Back-Bone of America. Who? Every Comment...

March 4, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  10. KSK - Iowa

Finally the face of the republican party that captures the ugliness of the "holier than though know it all" conservatives....Loving it :}!!

March 4, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  11. DeeDee

Must have snorted a few more of the ole white lines today. Dumb drug addict.

March 4, 2009 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  12. DJ

Last time I checked, President of the United States wasn't a job that required responding to some schoolyard bully call-out by a self important pompous fool. If Rush really wants to make or effect change, then he should run for political office or lobby his representative just like every other american has the right to do.

March 4, 2009 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  13. Cisco

Run for the office, win your party(lol), debate on.

March 4, 2009 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  14. California Gold

Rush Limbaugh is the antithesis of a man. All men are male; all males are not men, a condition of anatomy Limbaugh may not have studied or, if studied, not understood.

March 4, 2009 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  15. Felonious Monk

Let me see if I understand this correctly...Rush wants President Obama to debate him. What would be the point of this? Ratings?

This is the most laughable thing since the campaign. I guess they should have seen this coming when they called him the leader of the dysfunctional party. Rush's agenda is no longer the agenda of America, election day proved this right.

Oooo, a conservative joke, get it? Right!!!

I crack myself up

President Obama, or any President, should not lower himself to the level of this bottom dwelling scum sucker.

Take a few pills Rush, now go away.

March 4, 2009 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  16. RON

Rush is angry & looks like he will drop from a heart attack @ any moment. He hates anything Democrat but has yet to address what did his party do to fix problems during the previous 8 years???

March 4, 2009 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  17. Garp

HUBRIS DEFINED.

March 4, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  18. Elliott

Rush Coulter can go piss up a rope, then he can hang himself with it.

March 4, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  19. Anonymous

Obama is a fraudulent politician. He is a liar and just a dishonest man.

He will go down with the Depression.

March 4, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  20. Observant

Rush, put your money where your mouth is. Form a committe and run for President in 2012, you will then get your debate. Until, Obama should not acknowledge you. I know that I would not drag myself down to your level. Set-up "RUSH for President 2012" and then wait, your wish will come true. It will be great to see a grown windbag cry on national TV

March 4, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  21. CJ

RUSH! RUSH! RUSH! ...HUSH! HUSH! HUSH!
    Rush IS a debate. He is not intelligent, he is either stupid or a big fat racist. THE PRESIDENT already said in one of his summits that he didn't come to Washington to play childish game so to speak; but he came to work for the American people...Where does that leave him

CJ

March 4, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  22. bibi montanio

rush is increasingly hyperactive these days.a guy like that might still be on drugs.we head to the hills!!!

March 4, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  23. MAC, FROM LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA

NUTRA SYSTEM IS HAVING A SALE MEATHEAD, YOU SHOULD BE TAKING CARE OF YOUR HEALTH INSTEAD OF DEBATING OUR PREISIDENT.
    THE ELECTION WAS OVER NOV. 4TH LOSER, THE ONLY THING YOU CAN LEAD ARE THE DEMONS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!

March 4, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  24. mark

Rush,
    You make Ronald Reagan puke!!!

March 4, 2009 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  25. concern citz.

If Rush wants an open debate with Pres. Obama, he should run for office like everyone else, or shut up and wait for his turn in 2012 if he has the balls.

March 4, 2009 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |