March 4th, 2009

Limbaugh vs. President Obama

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday.

(CNN) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday, calling on him to visit his talk show for an "intelligent, open discussion" on issues like health care and taxes.

"If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong," said Limbaugh. "If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize you will own the United States of America?"

Limbaugh also accused the White House of orchestrating an attack on him, telling his listeners that the Obama team is demonizing the radio host since Bush left office. He said the effort was being spearheaded by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who Limbaugh refers to as the "power behind the throne."

"Don't let his effeminate nature and his ballerina past mislead you on this. He may look effeminate (he was a ballerina at one time) but he has the feral instincts of a female rat defending its young," Limbaugh said.

"I'm calling. I'm ready. I'll do everything I can to facilitate it. You're a very courageous man, Mr. President. I am, after all, just The Last Man Standing," Limbaugh said.

In January, Limbaugh called on the president to sign on to his “bi-partisan” stimulus plan, which would increase government spending for roughly half the country, and cut taxes for the other half.

Filed under: President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
  1. Vern

Obama should not dignify this idiot with a response. Who in heck is this guy for anyone to pay attention to!? He is nothing!!! The only people who likes him are those who thinks like him..the Republicants!!! The can have him.. He is so full of hate and negativity!
    Pay this guy no attention!!!

March 4, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  2. Meka

President Obama has enough on his plate, unlike Limbaugh!

Go chase a Moose in Alaska, Limbaugh!

March 4, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  3. Karen

Rush is a narcissist and needs a doctor

March 4, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  4. America 1st

Rush ... you are beneath the office of the President ... no matter who the President is.

You didn't win an elected office .... you DON'T set policy. Are you having delusions of grandeur?

You want Obama to sign on to your stimulus plan ???? You don't have a stimulus plan .... and even if you ever could develop one, what makes you think you have the offfice, stature, prestige, respect, or intellect that the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES would "cow-tow" to you?

President Obama is a little busy to bother with you and your radio program.

March 4, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  5. Indythinker

Limbaugh signed a $400 million contract (2009-2016) for his radio show. I think it also had an additional $100 million signing bonus. A salary of this magnitude must be based on ratings. In my opinion this puts Limbaugh's motivation and actions in question. It's obvious that he doesn't have an ounce of integrity. But aren't we luck to live in a country that allows free speech.

March 4, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  6. FN Wright

To Tom;

Oh, PLEASE! Like you right wingers haven't been calling the President every name under the sun. If you want this country to fail, then PLEASE LEAVE!!! We will be a better, stronger nation because of your absence.

March 4, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  7. Vegas Barbie the Paralegal for Obama

Excuse me, Rush? Then you ARE in fact, the Republicans' next candidate for the Presidency? The gall of this man to challenge the highest sitting official in this NATION to a verbal duel on his radio show? As if the President did not take on any of these right wing nuts during election season when he sat down with Bill O'Reilley and all O'Reilley did was twist everything Obama said out of context and present it in the warped bent of conservatism. I can't believe that Rush thinks so highly of himself and moreover, that the President does not have anything better to do than to respond to Rush's bullying threats. Rush needs some serious counseling to get over who beat his big butt up on the playground when he was a child. However, our President will not be bullied. Rush's is just another hand that will help push the Republican party further out of power and into oblivion. Shaking my head still at the nerver of this idiot and at CNN for continuing to give Limbaugh press.

March 4, 2009 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  8. dt Wisconsin

Beside the word BLOWHARD in the dictionary is this guy's picture.

March 4, 2009 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  9. E

Why on earth should the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES lower himself to the level of this drug addicted windbag?!?!?! Noone eleced Rush, he is NOT an official in this government, He is nobody, he is an arrogant useless waste fo space feeding on the ignorant and the scared and the racist.

March 4, 2009 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  10. Andrea

Wow. I think Lush Rimbaugh finally snapped

March 4, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  11. fmacmitchell

Rush Lumbauch read your Bible. In Neh. 6 chapter, Neh. was asked to come down from building the wall that would protect the people. His reply was "I am doing a Great Work" . Why should the "Work" cease while I come down to you. This is the reply from our President. He is doing a Great Work for the People. Why should he come down to the ignorance of you. He should remain high like the Eagle and let those who operates on the"Low Down" stay down. I do not like your ways, however, I must pray for you. You need to know that anything you wish on ANYONE else falls back on you thrice.

March 4, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  12. will

I love Rush Limbaugh he makes me laugh. He looks like a big fat tub of lard and sounds like he is on some kind of drugs that keeps him high and full of energy. But with all of that energy he can’t’ seem to shed the pounds. Maybe he is using the wrong drugs maybe he should use something to help him to become energized to lose weight instead of spewing out his hateful and divisive poison.

March 4, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  13. joe

Limbaugh has gone mad again

March 4, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  14. Joyce Becker

I just can't imagine President Obama stooping so low as to go on Rush's radio program to debate him, he did that already and won all of his debates leading up to his winning the presidency, Rush should invite McCain as I think he could use another chance at a debate, but even he has more important things to do with his time than debate a big fat bouncing clown.

March 4, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  15. abc

:) the man who craved to be headlines until 2012 has put a few giggles in me on a rainy work day. intelligent? open discussion? nah~ he's neither, he's a talking bobble head with close minded thinking, only he and himself is right for America.

as for -> "If you can win at this[sir, he already won the election though you may not consider him as your president] , then come here and beat me at my own game [you already beaten yourself ages ago with your non-conservative life dramas], and get rid of me once and for all [you hold no significance to the greater Americans... uh, yeah], and show all the people of America that I am wrong [we ALREADY know you're wrong]," said Limbaugh. "If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate [debate can bring back prosperity?] and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong [again, the rest of America is not with you, ever] , do you realize you will own the United States of America? [Americans owns USA, no one in particular, though i know you feel you are THE one]"

really, he's neither an intellect or a speaker of great content. he's just angry and i hope people will forgive him and let him talk til he rans out of breath. we elected our president to lead this great country out of recession accumulated by his predecessors and irresponsible citizens who are whining and establish a promising future for young people like myself who have studied and worked hard and live by more ethics than Mr. Limbaugh can ever practice himself (ref: his track record). we did not elect him to mingle with a bobble head, you can get that anywhere and anytime.

i honestly believe Mr. Limbaugh enjoys the tremendous attention and headlines he receives because he can't live without attention. this said, please forgive and move on because he's a lonely man who has nothing to contribute but run his yada yada without holding any responsibility. dream on, Mr. Limbaugh, you're not worthy of the president time or effort when he has important issues to addess, like economy? i know, you have private airplane and earns mucho $$$ so you can afford to just talk without any actual contribution meanwhile live your rich life. yeah, i got it!

March 4, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  16. kenny cole

it is now that i believe that this guy is really crazy,he need to visit his doctor what an animal mr rush is

March 4, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  17. Stream Of Consciousness

@worriedmome

You are an idiot. LOL @ smoking your weed...it's better than an ex-cokehead President (that woudl be G-Dub) and I thought Cindy McCain was the one addicted to valiums.

March 4, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  18. Vegas Barbie the Paralegal for Obama

Worriedmom: you have it backwards, it's not the liberals that should go form their own country, it's you hateful, "not in my sandbox" conservatives that need to start your own country. It would be so interesting for moderate, THINKING individuals such as myself and so many others to watch the lot of you finger-pointing bigots turn on each other and eventually wipe each other out. I'd say you should call your kids "worried kids" with the likes of you as their mother and "role model".

March 4, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  19. Amy

"Intelligent, open discussion" is exactly what would not happen with Rush. He would not be capable of conceding any points.

In my opinion his challenge to President Obama furthers the average American's belief that Rush Limbaugh is the de facto leader of the Republican party.

March 4, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  20. Steve

Rush Limbaugh is simply a bombastic boob. He reminds me of MussoIini. I wouldn't be sad if he had the same fate, hung by his heels. I would love to see the GOP nominate him for president in 2012. He can choose Palin as his running mate.

And what's up with the stupid east european gangster get up?

March 4, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  21. Lilarose in Bandon, Oregon

Rush Limpbaugh is my ex-husband Clifford E.'s favorite person.

Two pigs of a kind.

March 4, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  22. Elle

Why is Rush so intent on challenging our President? You'd think HE was de-throned when Bush left office. Limbaugh, keep up your little tantrums and you're just going to push the Republican Party further into the ground.

March 4, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  23. Pangur Ban

Why doesn't Rush Limbaugh support the President in a time of war? What is he – a Traitor? Why do you Republicans hate America so much? Maybe YOU should go find your own country because YOU are in the minority. YOU guys LOST the election – get over it or get out of OUR country!

March 4, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  24. arithmetic is liberal

Rush has two options:

1. Run for office, and hold the debate up to a vote
    2. Debate with another radio personality: I suggest Thom Hartmann.

Either one or none, because Rush spent his first hour offering a plane ride and Wagyu beef to the most powerful man on the face of the earth as if he were one of Rush's Oxycontin dealers.

March 4, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  25. Unbelievable

Like Obama doesn't have better things to do than boost the ratings of this pig.

March 4, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |