March 4th, 2009

Limbaugh vs. President Obama

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday.

(CNN) - Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh challenged President Obama to a verbal showdown Wednesday, calling on him to visit his talk show for an "intelligent, open discussion" on issues like health care and taxes.

"If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong," said Limbaugh. "If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize you will own the United States of America?"

Limbaugh also accused the White House of orchestrating an attack on him, telling his listeners that the Obama team is demonizing the radio host since Bush left office. He said the effort was being spearheaded by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who Limbaugh refers to as the "power behind the throne."

"Don't let his effeminate nature and his ballerina past mislead you on this. He may look effeminate (he was a ballerina at one time) but he has the feral instincts of a female rat defending its young," Limbaugh said.

"I'm calling. I'm ready. I'll do everything I can to facilitate it. You're a very courageous man, Mr. President. I am, after all, just The Last Man Standing," Limbaugh said.

In January, Limbaugh called on the president to sign on to his “bi-partisan” stimulus plan, which would increase government spending for roughly half the country, and cut taxes for the other half.

Filed under: President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
  1. Kiddo

An intelligent, open discussion?

Limbaugh couldn't participate in an intelligent, open discussion because:
    1. He'd have to be intelligent
    2. He'd have to be open-minded

Nope, that discussion wouldn't work since he couldn't participate.

March 4, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  2. tina

He is teetering on TREASON..............He is an ASS...................That is getting paid and should be in JAIL............Let's now forget his past also......................He doesn't get it the President is wayyyyyyyyyyyy to classy to sit down with him...............He is running the scared GOP Party.....It is amazing how none of them are calling for him to shut the hell up....................

March 4, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  3. Leah from FL

What a big blow hard with a even bigger ego!! Sounds like Rushie is becoming a new type of 'skin head' whipping his zombies into rage with his insane and out of reality remarks.
    Challenging the Pres of the US? Walk carefully, Rush – even the most insane leaders of our enemies don't do this.
    What a jerk!

March 4, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  4. C W

Limbaugh is a sly jerk. Obama isn't going to appear on his show, and he knows it. Limbaugh also knows that he'll then spend another news cycle or two telling his ignorant listeners that the President was too afraid to debate him.

I can hardly wait until Rush is dust ...

March 4, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  5. Melanie

I can not believe this man. I think the people of America have spoken loud and clear, and that is BARACK OBAMA is the PRESIDENT (THE LEADR OF THE US) and his word is a lot more important than Mr. Limbaugh. If this man believes that the Obama will entertain his ignorance and bigotry, I think he is going to be in for a shock. Who is this guy? Did he challenge W when he was in office? Has he challenged W to come to his show and justify why he left the office with so many problems? I can't believe this. I feel insulted as an American. This is ridiculous.

I wish us all well in this crisis, and we need to listen to rational people with ideas, not someone who wants to incite uf for entertainment purposes.

March 4, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  6. christine

So much delusion. So...much...delusion.

March 4, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  7. AM, NJ

Who does Rush think he is?

March 4, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  8. RO

Limbaugh, you are insulting America as a whole with your speeches–you must love to hear yourself talk.

March 4, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  9. Laverne

Remember, Mr. President never get into a wrestling match with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig will like it!

March 4, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  10. Jobless

Nut-job Limbaugh will stop at nothing to draw attention to himself. IHe doesn't even have guests on his show. He cannot stand to be challenged. He only knows how to monologue with hate speech rants. That way no one can challenge him. Mr. Oxycontin has really lost it now.

March 4, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  11. gpm

This drug dependent, fat, ignornant, slob is now the voice of the Republican Party... I love it.

March 4, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  12. precista46

Yep...disgusting since we know that Obama won't have the nerve to appear on the show...the man cannot speak with out a teleprompter and a few speechwriters....Roco...your president is an empty suit and the sooner you accept that the quicker you will heal..

March 4, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  13. pat C.

don't give yourself that much credit rush! our president is to good for the likes of you or your ignorant party. move on an shutup!

March 4, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  14. Robert

The President isn't stupid enough to take this moron up on his offer. Go away Rush, you're only hurting the GOP.

March 4, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  15. Travis, VA

Of course Rush wants this to go down. He would see ratings 50 fold what he gets now. He would make a fortune (not that he doesnt already maje a fortune). He would spend his time talking over the president and in the end, they would basically agree to disagree. The president comes off as being distracted from the important tasks of running this crippled country, and Rush comes away with millions more in the bank.

Fair......

March 4, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  16. Anonymous

I think it is so very sad that Rush Limbaugh prefers to keep intagoizing people, instead of becoming a real hero to all the people by allowing his sound bit to benefits the many Americans who are less fortunate than he is. Remember Rush...it is only by God's grace that you are where you are.

March 4, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  17. Marco

Enough is enough with all this idiocy.

March 4, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  18. Bruce

Who is this CLOWN to call someone out ?This is where global warming is coming from,all the hot air out of his mouth !

March 4, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  19. Lyndsay

Denigrating Rahm by call him a girl and effeminate? You are truly a sad sack, Rush and, as a woman, I am offended to the core. You better be careful about insulting women, it may come back to bite you!!!

March 4, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  20. Obama is scared of Limbaugh???

Man I would love to see this. I know it will never happen though as your great leader is too busy spending my great-great grandkids money, or is that my great-great-great grandkids money? Oh well, I have lost track as the spending spree goes on and on. But by all means, keep the focus on Rush. That way, you mindless sheep will not notice what is REALLY going on in Washington.......

March 4, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  21. Maryann Rose

Is it possible that his ego is even bigger than his azz?

I guess it is.

Yes...disgusting.

March 4, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  22. Anne

I don't think the President has time for your nonsense, Rush. He's kind of busy these days....

March 4, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  23. Kathleen

Is Rush Limbaugh a total and complete idiot? Calling out the President of the United States? Someone needs to pop Rush and let all of the hot air out.

March 4, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  24. Ralph

Obama wouldn't waste his, or our time. Another strategy for more publicity by Rush. Go figure.

March 4, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  25. Michael Hutton

Do you really think that someone who refused true town hall meetings and demanded a list of questions prior to any debate will submit to taking a chance at being exposed for being a fraudlent politician????

March 4, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |