March 12th, 2009

Chuck Norris for president … of Texas

If the State of Texas ever left the Union, Chuck Norris is interested in being president of the newly independent country.

(CNN) – Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House. Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Let there be no doubt about that.” Norris was a strong supporter of Mike Huckabee’s presidential bid, and he helped to draw attention to the former Arkansas governor’s campaign.

Filed under: Popular Posts
soundoff (1,006 Responses)
  1. al in memphis

The jar labeled "freedom of speech" is just too close the jar label 'free to be stupid". Do other countries just laugh when we proclaim to be leaders of the free world?

Chuck - do some real charity work please!

March 11, 2009 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  2. John from California

Chuck Norris can secede from the Union right now, he doesn't need to wait for Texas. Go South young man – just go.

March 11, 2009 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  3. Martizmo DaShizmo

Who's going to be the vice president, Ted Nudget?

By law, Texas is the only state that can succeed from the union.

March 11, 2009 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  4. Mike

I live in Texas. I know lots of folks with guns in Texas. I know folks in the United States Army.

My money's on the Army, every time. And if the USA is serious about taking Texas back, they'll send in the Marines, and then the Texas secessionists will totally look like the chumps they are.

Someone go nail Chuck Norris over his belittling of our nation's uniformed services.

March 11, 2009 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  5. WI Voter

I'm willing to let Texas go, but only if they promise to take Oklahoma with them.

March 11, 2009 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  6. Blatherskite

Republicans. First Palin pal-ing around with secessionists, and now Chuck Norris advocationg secession. Plainly an act of sedition. I suggest the government use the beloved republican tool for violating citizen rights commonly known as the Patriot Act against one of their own, here.

March 11, 2009 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  7. snash

Please, Obama, give Texas back to Mexico.

March 11, 2009 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  8. Jed in Texas

This moron doesnt speak for me.Maybe he would be happier in Mexico.He wants Theodore Nuggent to be his vice president I guess.They will be calling this state Texico before it secedes anyway,its almost there now.

March 11, 2009 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  9. Sharon - NC

He's senile.

March 11, 2009 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  10. Anon

Note to Chuck Norris. YOU ARE CRAZY.

March 11, 2009 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  11. gohoogiesgo

Chuck Norris president of Texas!!Viva texas!! I have stayed in Texas for 3 years and I know for the fact folks there are more proud to be texan than american, lonestar flag always goes up first than the national. A US without texas...that will suck...as Oil comes from texas!!
    He's popular guy, sure he can become the president!!

March 11, 2009 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  12. Mike

P.S. If Texas secedes, they'll probably make Houston the capital. Austin will turn into the new West Berlin. Don't laugh–Tom DeLay already robbed us of our voting power in the US House.

March 11, 2009 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  13. donna

Just like a Texan; if things get tough, they give up and walk away. Way to be an American Chuck, I wish you well in your journey. You freak.

March 11, 2009 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  14. Melody

Chuck should be arrested for making Terriost Threat!!

March 11, 2009 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  15. Donatella

This is the most pathetic thing i have heard all day, you republicans are really going off the deep end.

March 11, 2009 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  16. uniform kilo

This is ridiculous.

Clearly this man doesn NOT BELIEVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

March 11, 2009 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  17. Tyler

Let there be no doubt about this... seceding would be the most ignorant thing that Texas could do and there is NO WAY I would ever be a citizen of a state where Norris is president (and I love my state of Texas).

March 11, 2009 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  18. Republican

So now that a democrat is in the WH, we have to pay homage. give me a break! Chuck is only pointing out that if Obama continues on his trajectory towards socialism, those of us that value freedom will have to find a way to preserve our liberties.

March 11, 2009 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  19. ruth

Way to go Chuck. You must have taken lessons from Bush.You sound about as smart as him.

March 11, 2009 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  20. RoundSquare in DC

Sound to me pretty much like a C-movie plot.

March 11, 2009 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  21. Dennis

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote. “Let there be no doubt about that.”

Yeah, they'd show they're chicken side and bail out. Why would he even think about president of Texas, they've got one, Bush! Chucky can be vice president........for the six or seven weeks before the Mexico reclaims texas.

March 11, 2009 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  22. Paul from Kissimmee

Altough things are not going that great right now, secession is definately not the answer. We just have to make sure that we keep socialism out of our country and stand up to Obama and his supporters. It's sad that too many people were too blind before election, but I never want to leave my country. Thank God there are term limits (Not saying that Obama won't try Hugo Chavez's strategy). Chuck, I don't think it's a good idea. Let's fight for this country, and vote the Dems out.

March 11, 2009 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  23. Patriot Dave

Are you freaking kidding me? There are so many things wrong with Chuck on so many levels. First off, that treason Walker Texas Ranger. Secondly, the level of paranoia astounds me! Thirdly, what makes him think he would be the man for a job that will never exist? I think Chuck has lost his mind. Actors and thier opnions and statements are out of control. The sense of entitlement and self rightousness is off the charts. While I was reading it, I kept waiting for the punchline but it never came. Chuck is a punchline!

March 11, 2009 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  24. Greg, PA

So much for being a great American patriot.

That would be rather ironic for Texas, the Bavarian-style nationalists of the US, to secede.

March 11, 2009 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  25. Mike C.

Any man who can "divide by zero" and "count to infinity twice" deserves a chance at any presidency.

March 11, 2009 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |