March 12th, 2009

Chuck Norris for president … of Texas

If the State of Texas ever left the Union, Chuck Norris is interested in being president of the newly independent country.

(CNN) – Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House. Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote.

“Let there be no doubt about that.” Norris was a strong supporter of Mike Huckabee’s presidential bid, and he helped to draw attention to the former Arkansas governor’s campaign.

Filed under: Popular Posts
soundoff (1,006 Responses)
  1. Mike

To BubbaNH,

Chuck Norris is a veteran, you fool. Do a little research.

March 11, 2009 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  2. osilama Abu

Chucks pronouncement should be treated as a treasonable act.He is very stupid to voice such opinion at a time people are trying to unify the country.I dont just understand why some individuals want their set standards to only be the yardstick for which the country is measured and judged,no wonder America is so hated.

March 11, 2009 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  3. Ravi

Regardless of whether any State decides to secede, one thing we should all agree upon is that the 10th amendment calls for Federal and State governments to share power, and that any issue not designated as a Federal issue in the Constitution is up to the States.

If the Federal government would start respecting States' rights, there wouldn't even be any talk of secession. Why should those red state and blue state voters constantly fight each other? Respecting States' rights eliminates this problem.

March 11, 2009 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  4. Matt

Can he take the rest of the Republican party with him?

March 11, 2009 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  5. george from alaska

what a nutball! i thought he had some sense. just goes to show you image doesn't usually match reality...

we had a very bloody war over a hundred years ago that settled that secession question. i guess he never studied history or listened to his grandparents.

March 11, 2009 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  6. Marie

Has someone told him he was not on a set filming a movie?what a joke and Bill in LA what drugs are you on today.First Todd Palin and now you Chuck.Why don't you just hook up with Bin Liden then you and the Palins can just pal around together isn't that what Sarah say terriost do

March 11, 2009 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  7. JOSE IN NORTHRIDGE

AMEN,,,,,,,,,,TO,,,,,,,,,,SECESSION

March 11, 2009 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  8. dave

bye texas. you won't be missed.

March 11, 2009 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  9. Tuck

I used to live in TX and am planning to move back. I hope that idiot doesn't think he speaks on behalf of all Texans. Just like a republican. When they are in office and anyone says anything negative against them they call them anti-american. But when they aren't in office and things don't go as they want they have the gall to think they speak for everyone and can secede from the union. How anit-american is that?

March 11, 2009 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  10. Marty, Grand Rapids

What a baby! I thought this guy was tough. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, he did endorse Huckabee (can you pick anyone farther to the right?). Good luck with being president. I bet you couldn't get one in 20 Texans to agree with you.

March 11, 2009 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  11. Active Duty Soldier

HAHAHA, Every time I see Chuck Norris I can't get the picture out of my head of him in the Movie Delta Force riding his flying motorcycle into the back of the flying transport plane. I don't understand peoples fascination with Mr. Norris. He isn't even that good an actor. Walker Texas Ranger had to be one of the cheesiest action series ever on television.

March 11, 2009 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  12. Sandra in Texas

Chuck-you are a traiter...What is it you people say, "American, Love it or Leave it" Leave Texas alone and you get out!

March 11, 2009 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  13. Al

I think Chuckie is confusing some Hollywood script with reality. Maybe he ehinks he has to save the world again (or just Texas this time).

Chuckie – I know you think you are a tough guy but ya ain't that tough or smart it seems.

Wait a second – I get it. Chuck needs some publicity.
    Lame Chuckie... Lame.

March 11, 2009 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  14. Wanda

Anti – American is what I call it. It shows the lack of intelligence that Mr. Norris has. Can we exile him???? Just a thought?

March 11, 2009 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  15. Sue from other Washington

Someone's been kicked in the head too many times!

March 11, 2009 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  16. THE MEDIA IS THE MASTER

WOW!! What an American!!

He and PALIN can both TAKE THEIR STATES and secede from the Union.

Let TEXAS go to MEXICO and ALASKA to the RUSSIANS

GOD BLESS TEXAS and SAVE IT FROM THIS RADICAL TERRORIST.

March 11, 2009 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  17. barry white

I HOPE IT IS TRUE. FREE MEN NEED A PLACE TO RUN TO, FROM OPPRESSION. MAYBE WE COULD ONCE AGAIN HAVE A LAND OF THE FREE. A GOD FEARING LAND TO CALL HOME.

March 11, 2009 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  18. Dylan from Minneapolis

Bill, LA March 11th, 2009 5:36 pm ET

At present I do not reside in Texas but, guarantee me that you are moving in that direction and I shall join you. Or, if there is another southern state of that conviction I would consider joining you also. Remember it was Thomas Jefferson who said "What this nation needs is a revolution every 20 years" we are way over-due.
    ----------

Hey traitor,
    I believe that just happened and is actually still happening!

March 11, 2009 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  19. maria in east l.a.

Is it April 1st yet?

March 11, 2009 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  20. aubrey

Oh come on. Dems were talking about exactly this sort of thing 3 years ago. Except it was New England and California joining Canada. Was that sedition too?

March 11, 2009 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  21. Matt: Honestly

Chuck Noris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried. This is just another huge Chucky joke.

March 11, 2009 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  22. Hurry Up and Wait

Good ole has-been-dye my hair orange to still look relevant Chuck.
    The guy is a freakin' moron. He basically relegeted to backing losing candidates like Huckabee and selling mediocre gym equiptment.
    Norris is about as bright as George Bush

March 11, 2009 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  23. Tony

And they shall call it Idiocracy.

March 11, 2009 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  24. THE MEDIA IS THE MASTER

DOMESTIC TERRORIST
    DOMESTIC TERRORIST
    DOMESTIC TERRORIST
    DOMESTIC TERRORIST
    DOMESTIC TERRORIST

CAN YOU SAY "DOMESTIC TERRORIST"?

March 11, 2009 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  25. OJE Boston

Usually I don't use the word "hate" but this time I would like to say I HATE this guy.......

March 11, 2009 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |