March 12th, 2009

Chuck Norris for president … of Texas

If the State of Texas ever left the Union, Chuck Norris is interested in being president of the newly independent country.

(CNN) – Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House. Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote.

“Let there be no doubt about that.” Norris was a strong supporter of Mike Huckabee’s presidential bid, and he helped to draw attention to the former Arkansas governor’s campaign.

Filed under: Popular Posts
soundoff (1,006 Responses)
  1. becca

Chuck Norris needs to get his head examined.

Texans are in no way ever going to secede from the union.

Please get this guy some medical help before Texans beat the crap out of him!

March 11, 2009 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  2. Stephy

Oh God, this country is going crazy...

March 11, 2009 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  3. John

Sorry, thats should of read exports, not imports

March 11, 2009 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  4. Rev. Mr. Robert Herrmann Fortson, GA

Just what we need. Another angry lunatic in charge of his own country.

March 11, 2009 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  5. Drew

If only Texas would secede.... or had a while ago, we woulda never had GWB...

March 11, 2009 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  6. becca

Chuck Norris is equivalent to another Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright......get rid of them and lock them up in the looney bin where they belong.

March 11, 2009 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  7. gman

SEE YA! and when you go, start your own sports leagues, we don't want to play foreigners in the NCAA, NFL, NBA, MLB.

March 11, 2009 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  8. Pablo

God, What an idiot.

March 11, 2009 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  9. PaulDC

No doubt the irony that Huckabee is a member of the "party of Lincoln" is totally lost on this idiot.

March 11, 2009 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  10. Steve

Darn. People have already made the "too many kicks to the head" comment that I wanted to make.

Oh, and if Texas is seceding, they need to leave Austin behind, because Austin is cultured and left-wing and cool.

March 11, 2009 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  11. GuyAR

What most of you guys commenting might not realize is that unlike the confederacy, Texas was its own country circa 1850 and when it joined the U.S. as a state it retained the right to secede from the union in its consitution. I'm not sure exactly how it would work in reality, though.

March 11, 2009 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  12. Jack in Kentucky

The FBI needs to be watching Chuckles. The cheese has slipped off this guy's cracker.

March 11, 2009 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  13. yeah right

OH MY GOSH wow! I am at lost for words secede form the unions is he joking ? Oh my now that ONe UNPATRIOTIC JERK .I came to this country in my teens and I work hard to become a citizen to this great land wow. I love AMERICA with all my being ,my family serve in the military and I would nerver even think about something like that.Thanks a lot I will nerver vote for any wing wring nutcases again.Where is the patriot act when you need it.

March 11, 2009 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  14. Ben

It Texas leaves the union I think I would support nuking it.

March 11, 2009 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  15. Grimama

Norris is a nut job.

March 11, 2009 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  16. Chris in Va.

Uhhh....Homeland Security, you have a customer.

So per Mr. Norris there are thousands of homegrown terrorist cells active within our country. I think the authorities need to detain Mr. Norris and discuss the location of these terrorists and those involved.

Personally I equate Mr. Norris' comments with treason at most and incitement to riot at least, and if guilty of the former should be "hung by the neck until such a time as death occurs", such as is with all traitors to our nation.

March 11, 2009 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  17. dave

for eight years i had to put up with "if you don't like it you can giiiiyt out" and now that the tables are turned you all of a sudden want to abandon the country? put a dunce cap on and go pitch your hissy fit in the corner like every other little child that misbehaves because they don't get their way.

March 11, 2009 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  18. Minnesotan

Sounds like the once noble Mr. Norris has taken a few too many blows to the head. His comments sound like the ravings of a lunatic, traitor or Republican.

March 11, 2009 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  19. john, michigan

im with chuck, after all, our gov and there lust and greed has smeared on our founding fathers legacy.

March 11, 2009 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  20. wisconsincheesy

Why did I have to find this... I am trying to study for mid-terms, but all I can think about is Chuck Norris trying to lead Texas in seceding from the Union. God. I laughed so hard I cried when I first read this.

March 11, 2009 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  21. In Michigan

Right.

And the first time a hurricane slams into the coast and there's no US National Guard or Red Cross to lend aid, then what?

March 11, 2009 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  22. Jerry

If you live in Deep in the Heart of Texas, you better start thinking about where to move to next.

March 11, 2009 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  23. Chris

Check, have you ever thought of becoming President of Narnia? That's more likely to happen, you know.

March 11, 2009 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  24. Craig - Hastings, MN

Didn't we go through this kind of garbage once before. Norris needs his head examined. More than once.To say this scheme is hair brained shows considerable restraint. I surmise that the world teems with loon balls

March 11, 2009 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  25. Anonymous

If you take Rush Limbaugh with you, than I am all for it! ;)

March 11, 2009 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |