March 12th, 2009

Chuck Norris for president … of Texas

If the State of Texas ever left the Union, Chuck Norris is interested in being president of the newly independent country.

(CNN) – Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House. Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote.

“Let there be no doubt about that.” Norris was a strong supporter of Mike Huckabee’s presidential bid, and he helped to draw attention to the former Arkansas governor’s campaign.

Filed under: Popular Posts
soundoff (1,006 Responses)
  1. OHIO here

omg another Palin get real

March 11, 2009 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  2. BaRock says

yes chuck you have taken one too many kicks to the head my friend.

March 11, 2009 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  3. Yoshi99

What luck! We have a vacant cell in Cuba for you, Chuck!

March 11, 2009 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  4. A Texan

He would have no chance. Are you kidding me? Texas is Bush country. LOL.

March 11, 2009 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  5. Ben

Two words: Good riddens.

March 11, 2009 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  6. Bill

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Texas must secede. They have tried before, maybe twice! Unfortunately they did not succeed. If at first you don't (succeed) secede, TRY, TRY, again. PLEASE.

If this state leaves, can we undo the Bush messes? Seriously? The corruption, horror, terror, hillbilly craziness???! PLEASE LEAVE NOW! We ALL beg you - leave. PLEASE LEAVE!!!!!!! You all are the worst, most useless state in the union. Really. Go, Go, Go.

March 11, 2009 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  7. Chuckie

An EXCELLENT example of a dinosaur suffering from an EXTREME case of Rectal Cranial Inversion!!!

March 11, 2009 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  8. Bhonest

Wow, you get a black president and all the real red neck racist bastard come out of the wood work. Black America should take note of all these people we have support with our money; how don't care about us.

March 11, 2009 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  9. mike

i love how conservatives are now calling for a "revolution" and "secession"...can we give them the $8.9 trillion in republican debt on their way out? please?

March 11, 2009 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  10. skeptic1

actually norris, get the hell out of my country!

March 11, 2009 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  11. gl, Pittsburgh

I guest becasue we have a Black President some whites no longer want to live in the USA. I will make sure I will never watch any of his movies the racist nut. He was to be the President of the whites state Taxes. You whites really do not live in the real world.

March 11, 2009 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  12. mina

Chuck Norris does not represent TEXAS!

Voters do, and if you look at the CNN demographics map from the last election every major city voted blue. Only the people out in the sticks had red counties. If we all unite and keep voting democrats into office our government can finally get things done.

The Republicans like Chuck Norris did nothing but clear the road for their greedy rich friends to make money. War makes money, but only for the rich.

March 11, 2009 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  13. Trupes

hey chuck, if you don't like america, please leave. why should we be fighting for something you don't appreciate?

March 11, 2009 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  14. bruce

send him to guantanamo!

March 11, 2009 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  15. Marty, FL

Unbelievable, Chuck. What is it with these far right conservatives and their radical agendas? Succession does not seem to be a patriotic position for "real" America being purported in the election. Then again, the candidate using that nonsense had a husband affiliated with the secessionist group, AIP. LOL

March 11, 2009 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  16. Dave

Well, there goes all my Chuck Norris movies on DVD. I'll miss watching "Lone Wolf McQuade" again, but as a loyal American I cannot in good conscience be giving this nutcase lunatic any more of my time. So, in the trash they go. No longer a fan of yours, Chuck; I love Old Glory too much to support a fool who wants to tear her apart.

Ironically, even though Chuck probably hates Bin Laden, he's oblivious to the fact that he's not very different from him: another religion-motivated fanatic who wants to destroy America using "cells." If Chuck can't handle Democracy, I'm sure he could find somewhere else to go. I suggest Hell.

March 11, 2009 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  17. Mike from New Hampshire

Bonehead ideas like this from the far right just serves to drive more moderates to the left and weakens the right that much more. What do you expect from a washed-up actor who wants to stay in the limelight? Better to let them continue to make idiots of themselves in public where we can see them, than for them to plot in private where we can't. As for the quote about the nation needing a revolution every 20 years, we just had one, or were you asleep when Obama became president?

March 11, 2009 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  18. Ray

Everybody knows that Chuck Norris could simply *take* Texas if he really wanted it; he's just humoring CNN with his comment.

March 11, 2009 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  19. Jim

This idiot and his insane hardcore religious conservative nut job party never cease's to amaze me. Honestly just when you think the party can't look any more out of touch, anymore pathetic and anymore hateful....i'm speechless...

March 11, 2009 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  20. Sue

Obama is unpatriotic when he doesn't wear a flag pin, but Chuck the "patroitic" right wing posterboy talks about dismantling the union when he doesn't agree with the person who was elected by the people? The hypocrisy makes my brain hurt!

March 11, 2009 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  21. dbt

The Constitution of the United States, Art. III, defines treason against the United States to consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort. This offence is punished with death.

March 11, 2009 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  22. grahame

I personally did not think the Republicans could be more stupid but I guess i was wrong............
    What's the matter Chuck?
    Age starting to creep up on you.
    This has to be a publicity stunt. who's going to be Court Jester Rush limbaugh? with secretary of financial morals Sarah Palin around with terrorists.
    I'm so sorry, I'm laughing so hard I'm having trouble focusing on the keyboard

March 11, 2009 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  23. Some one who cares about America

You know I used to be a chuck noris fan, but the moreI hear him talk
    the more I think he is stuck in a movie. What is wrong with chuck and the Repubicans it seem they want to dig-tate no command every one to do things their way or else. I wonder are they American or they Americans only when things go their way. This type of talk is beganning to sound be pretty stupid for a bunch of professional who say they love America. I wounder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 11, 2009 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  24. Mark Moir

Is anyone really surprised?! This clown was the celebrity face of the republicrats during the election – he certainly is the true blue American that he so boldly espoused. As our country seeks cohesion this moron seeks succession. Where is that god leveraging clown-in-crime Huckabee un-sound? Where is the patriotism that these idiots clubbed us over the head with for so long? Quit giving these jerks air time.

March 11, 2009 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  25. BaRock says

this fool is apparently projecting his movie/tv show hero status onto this reality since there are those in the media who are willing to put a mic to his mouth.

Ok Chuck I will make some calls and get you back into the movies...I promise ;)

March 11, 2009 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |