March 12th, 2009

Chuck Norris for president … of Texas

If the State of Texas ever left the Union, Chuck Norris is interested in being president of the newly independent country.

(CNN) – Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House. Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote.

“Let there be no doubt about that.” Norris was a strong supporter of Mike Huckabee’s presidential bid, and he helped to draw attention to the former Arkansas governor’s campaign.

Filed under: Popular Posts
soundoff (1,006 Responses)
  1. DC

I am a excellant driver...

March 11, 2009 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  2. CSD

Actually, I think if they took a vote, the other 49 states would throw Texas out of the union anyway.

March 11, 2009 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  3. deus_ex_machina

Aww, give Chuck a break. They never told him that he wasn't a *real* Texas Ranger...

March 11, 2009 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  4. David

Many people across the country are thinking what Chuck had the guts to say.

March 11, 2009 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  5. Tomas

Really? He can't be serious..."turning the state into the enemy of the union"...what the f?#$ is he taking about...Lunatic!

March 11, 2009 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  6. Tiff of lithia springs

Anyone ever heard of treason? After they leave they'll probably try and reinstate slavery for black people and hispanics. Nothing scarier than a bunch of rednecks with the oil money Bush has made them from the IRAQ war.

March 11, 2009 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  7. Nick

Sounds like Chuck hates the country. Didn't we call them "terrorists" during Bush's reign?

March 11, 2009 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  8. Jim K

Texas is the only state with the right to secede... and they'd be a powerful country if they did so (but I don't think they'd ever vote for Norris. Sorry, Chuck).

March 11, 2009 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  9. yup

Sounds good. I'm not up for living in a socialist country. Neither were the millions of soldiers that died to create this country. Taking from people and giving to the people who were too stupid to realize they couldn't pay back their mortgage. It is elementary math. Oh yeah, I forgot, it was the predatory lenders fault who held a gun to their heads and said you must take this loan. Let me tell you something. If there is a civil war, the conservatives will win because liberals are weak. They always have been. I could go on and on i.e. "You can't leave guantanamo open. This is not what America is about. We should not engage in torture." There are 70 confirmed former prisoners from guantanamo (released) who are trying to kill Americans right now. You are weak! You have taken over this country from within because all the strong people are too busy working to pay attention to your lying ways. Well we'll see what happens. I hate liberals. Did you know that conservatives give more to charitees than liberals. Google it. liberals are frauds. They think if we just all hold hands everything will be fine. Of course that is true, but they fail to realize that that has never happened in the history of earth. What they are looking for is heaven on earth because the majority of liberals don't believe in God. Ain't gonna happen. I am not in favor of war though. Here is an idea. You liberals can take 60% of the country. We'll take the other 40%. You can even take the best states with natural resources etc. Just get me away from you!

March 11, 2009 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  10. Texan First, American Second...

Folks, there is something terribly wrong with Washington right now. And the only entities who have the means to really change things are the states. It only takes the legislatures of 34 states to either dissolve the union or abolish and reform the Central Government. Remember, the Federal Government was formed by the States to serve the States, not the other way around... For this very reason, there's a lot of us down here who don't hold that SOB Lincoln in high regard, nor that SOB Bush... (As a Texan, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to my fellow Americans for the short comings of our former Governor).

I wouldn't mind seeing a few states leave the union if it would demonstrate to the rest of the States and the Central Government the seriousness of the problem and that the people (as in "We The People") were taking it upon ourselves to fix it (which is our GOD GIVEN RIGHT to do as affirmed in the Declaration of Independence). Maybe then, the Fed will pull its head out. Advocating secession is not treason so long as you remain loyal to your state and you do not engage in warfare on the United States until after your state has seceded – this is why very few Confederates were prosecuted for treason.

Personally, I'd rather have Ron Paul as the President of Texas, better yet, as President of the CSA or USA (whichever the people of the States decide).

March 11, 2009 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  11. Chris

so when the tough gets goin you quit? that's not what you taught me in the hit film Sidekicks.

lol

BTW – the right can no longer claim to be the party of Lincoln since some of their own are starting to advocate rebellion and secession.

March 11, 2009 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  12. Evan Columbus, OH

Say it ain't so Chuck. I guess all those Chuck Norris quotes finally caught up with him.

One thing is for certain, that Total Body Gym I was thinking about purchasing is crossed off my list.

March 11, 2009 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  13. This is a joke right?

The republicans think this is ok?? WOW! I think this is treason, and this ANTI AMERICAN fool should be investigated! Why is it when the left wants to fix the country, they are anti American, but when the loons on the right, like this idiot, and todd palin want to have a civil war its patriotic??? This should be investigated, phones tapped and actions watched. This amounts to terrorist threats as far as I am concerned, armed cells around the country waiting???? Hmmm, sounds like the 9/11 terrorist...

March 11, 2009 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  14. Samuel

If Chuck Norris becomes president of Texas, then who is going to sell Total gym? I cant believe Chuck Norris Taxes Ranger is talking like this. The good thing is atleast he wont me those horrible movies.

March 11, 2009 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  15. Mark

Chuckie my boy....stop watching and believing your own movies!

March 11, 2009 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  16. Sighs- Say it aint so Chuck'

Chuck. Listen, I respect you. But, because things take a different direction in the nation overall shouldn't be reason for secession. If you secede then you should be taught the lesson that William Tecumseh Sherman taught Georgia. One nation under God.

March 11, 2009 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  17. Samuel

cancel last commit please bad spelling. I bit you guys are going to post this one.

March 11, 2009 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  18. David

Sarah Palin-Chuck Norris 2012: the Stupidest Ticket in History.

March 11, 2009 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  19. Patience Gloria

Just make sure to remove any nukes we have in Texas, then Mexico can take them over.

March 11, 2009 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  20. Dave

Chuck Norris is a freak. I mean the guy is really a freak, wacko, and where did the gay lisp come from?

March 11, 2009 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  21. Rob from AK

Wow, Walker Texas Ranger actually has an opinion?

March 11, 2009 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  22. peachysmooth

Wow, that is all we need. Another old person 70 or over to be president. Ok old people please give it a rest. You're suppose to take it easy, travel, watch Golden Girls, Barnaby Jones, gardening, and play bingo. That is what I plan to do if I reach age 70.

March 11, 2009 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  23. Timothy

Vermont has a secessionist movement.
    New Hampshire has a secessionist movement.
    Texas has a secessionist movement.
    Georgia has a secessionist movement.

Something like all 50 states and Puerto Rico have secessionist movement.

They've been emboldened by the economic crisis and foreign policy that the country has gone through, that's just a fact.

March 11, 2009 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  24. G-Man

FBI needs to keep an eye on these traitors and their ignorant conversations. Next thing they'll be trying to do is harbor terrorists. Secede from the Union? Go ahead and see if we dont invade and retake our land. Just get over it. Obama is President and that's it. Making me sick!!!!!!!!!

March 11, 2009 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  25. Freedom of Choice

Chuck...who knew?
    Although, we really should have put it all together...it sounds so familiar ....
    Tell us....your real last name is Bush....right???

Thanks Chuckie...it's been a long day....I needed that!
    OMG....ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha