March 12th, 2009

Chuck Norris for president … of Texas

If the State of Texas ever left the Union, Chuck Norris is interested in being president of the newly independent country.

(CNN) – Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House. Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

“Let there be no doubt about that.” Norris was a strong supporter of Mike Huckabee’s presidential bid, and he helped to draw attention to the former Arkansas governor’s campaign.

Filed under: Popular Posts
soundoff (1,006 Responses)
  1. Nancy

I'd vote for him!

March 11, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  2. JN

Someone wrote that Norris was a "poor to fair" actor. As a professional actor myself, trust me, Chuck was never considered "fair."

March 11, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  3. Jim

Being a 5th-generation Native Son, I really DO take pride in what Texas can and will do if pushed. The main problem is all of the miscreants who have wandered into the state. They all bring their garbage ways that most Texans don't want to hear about. The system in Texas isn't/wasn't broken prior to this influx. Are you listening California, New York, et al?

March 11, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  4. Patrick

Good. Then the Union can decimate Texas finally, once and for all.

March 11, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  5. Dejah Thoris

If a Democrat had said things like this during Bush's administration, the GOP would be up in arms. But, since Norris is a good ol boy and right-winger, their responses is *crickets*.

How is what Norris is saying NOT traitorous and worthy of attention by the same FBI, etc. who are concerned about domestic terrorism? We've had home-grown terrorism before here - can you say Oklahoma City? Will Norris be the next one to attack Americans in order to further some right-wing idea of armed right-wing cells imposing their own version of Sharia law on Amerians?

Please, Mr. Norris. Leave. Now.

March 11, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  6. Pete

Texas could survive without the US, it was one of the few states that were doing well when the economy took a dump. Too bad it owes most of it's infrastructure and industry to the US, so it owes it to the rest of us to stay.

March 11, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  7. Bob

Actually- it's in the State of Texas Constitution- they can secede when they want to. The only State with such a provision written in.

So, don't get too excited about the FBI vs Chuck Norris throwdown- what he's talking about isn't "sedition" or "domestic terrorism" – it's a constitutional right (at least in Texas!)

March 11, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  8. please

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote. “Let there be no doubt about that.”

What, run with your tails between your legs? This is unbelievable – actually strike that, he is a republican, so nothing is unbelievable.

March 11, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  9. fearful for my country

Hear hear! Finally someone talks some sense. The United States as we know it is going down the tubes with Obama selling out to China. It's just a matter of time till things really degrade to the point of something major like this happening. I would gladly join the country of Texas if they kicked out the illegals.

March 11, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  10. Reese from NC

WOW! That is really out there. We have found something some residents of Alaska and Texas have in common. They hate the United States of America and want no parts of it. That God everyone in these states don't think that way. All you logical ones that are left hold them accountable.

March 11, 2009 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  11. Greg

With comments like that he has become a traitor to this country. He fought terrorist and enemies of this country in his movies and now has become one of them. I guess that's where all the nuts go to spew anti-American rhetoric, World Nut Daily. Their ideals and party gets crushed and they show their true colors. They want this country run like Islamic fanatics want the Middle East run, by religious law. A few too many shots to head there Chuck?

March 11, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  12. lovable liberal

Ridiculous right-wing refugee from reality...

March 11, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  13. Mary

Another self promoting move by a mediocre actor and wannabee relevant politician!!

"The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way."

If his name was Sameer Norris he would be in detention in some undisclosed location.

March 11, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  14. shoegazer

I must admit that I had a good belly laugh when I first saw this item on the news ticker a few days back,that some Republican states were considering the move to autonomous stature.What a bunch of wimps,
    crybabies and losers.Apart from being considered a seditious act,
    may I remind them of an old adage"that Democracy does not succeed
    because the majority rules but that the minority accepts that they do".
    That's what elections are all about folks.

March 11, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  15. Brian G, Sugar Land, TX

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Stop it. You're killin' me.

March 11, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  16. Shooky

If there were a Liberal/Conservative civil war, the liberals wouldn't stand a chance. Conservatives would roll right over them while the libs were applying glitter to their new rainbow flag or coming up with a really "green" way to kill, like wind powered guns

March 11, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  17. Rob Wilson

I think Chuck took too many round-house kicks to the head.

March 11, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  18. James

I have lived in Texas for 3 years and it would be the last state to break from the US. There is more patriotic Americans in this state than any other. Chuck, You are a moron.

March 11, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  19. Wade, Phx

Anyone calling it treason needs to read the constitution.
    There is a reason the second amendment exists.

To quote Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. "

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. "

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. "

March 11, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  20. ArielB

Where do I sign? There is a petition right?

or we could give TX back to Mexico. Either way I'm good!!

March 11, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  21. Joseph, Los Angeles California

I never liked Texas anyway. Let it be gone.

March 11, 2009 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  22. One for Chuck

I would move to Texas in a heartbeat if it secedes! And would vote for Chuck for Pres! Are you kidding me? He speaks the truth. And if you haven't noticed our country is going down the tubes with all of you libs who do nothing but insult and spend. I don't want to be a socialist. I want to stay an American!

March 11, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  23. a7m

GREAT! I want the South and Texas OUT OF THE UNION. Go away!

March 11, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  24. Cystem Phailure

Amazing. The people who are the most vociferous opponents of the Federal Government and who blather about secession, claim out of the other sides of their faces to be the strongest patriots. Although, I've got to agree with several other comments: there are a lot of Texans I sure wouldn't miss.

March 11, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  25. Chitown Jason

It's a good thing this is the Internet, or Chuck Norris would roundhouse kick me to Neptune for calling him an idiot.

Wait, he's Chuck Norris. He might be able to roundhouse kick through the Internet. Oh crap.

March 11, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |