March 13th, 2009

Obama info czar takes leave during FBI investigation

President Obama, who sports a special PDA since being sworn in, named his administration's chief information officer just last week.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – After just a week on the job, the Obama administration’s new chief information officer is taking a leave of absence until further notice.

A White House official tells CNN that Vivek Kundra is taking a leave from his post at the Office of Management and Budget until more details become known about an FBI investigation that resulted in a search of his former work place.

Related: FBI searches Washington technology office

Related: Obama names chief information officer

Filed under: Obama administration • Popular Posts
  1. fearful for my country

The problem with hiring a crrok to run your business is that the crook usually goes on to hire his crook buddies and the next thing you know......your business has been robbed blind and you are bankrupt. Sound familiar?

March 12, 2009 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  2. Illinois Tom

Shocking! Change we can believe in! Yes we can! Bill Ayers was just a guy in my neighborhood. I listened to 500 Reverend Wright sermons and never knew he was a racist. No lobbyists will be in my administration. I will go through the budget line by line to eliminate waste. I will end the Iraq war. The planet will begin to heal. Etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum.

March 12, 2009 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  3. Oubj

I can not tell how much scrutiny obama adm. is being given. They just want to keep scaring people. They are almost going after the President.What is so wrong with my country?

March 12, 2009 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  4. Ken

Were they sent by Lou dobbs? looks like it!

March 12, 2009 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  5. Ben

And that picture is misleading!

March 12, 2009 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  6. stan boren

I believe more than ever, that Pres. Obama needs to replace his vetting team. I could phone in a better investigative report than these "PRO's" seem to do. I am appalled at the amount of appointees that seem to have forgotten to pay their taxes and a few other infractions. Will the last honest person in Congress please turn off the lights when you leave? Of course they never leave do they. They resurface as a lobbyist while getting full pension and perks from us taxpayers. Pretty pathetic and disgusting. Forget the disillusioned younger generation, I am two weeks short of 70 and I am just about ready to quit voting Nationally. Local wise, not much better either.

March 12, 2009 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  7. C W

These are the operative words of the story, before all the bloggers go ballistic:

"A law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Kundra is not involved in the case."

March 12, 2009 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  8. Sue

I love these kinds of stories already... it's a sign that the economy is going to be on the rebound...
    Shades of 93 all over again. SWEET!
    Start investing, because these are going to be the lowest prices you see in years folks!

March 12, 2009 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  9. Nick

Stop disecting one story. Write it all. This is the third post on this story. looks like our country have been hijacked by the media!

March 12, 2009 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  10. vic nashville,Tn

Cover-up

March 12, 2009 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  11. daniel

hello president obama
    president obama my name is daniel plishtiyev. i am eleven years old. i just wanna give you a tip i think you should try helping the economy

March 12, 2009 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  12. Simmy

He is doing the right thing. Let the media and Republicans spin this story out of control. This President is a Godsend, and no amount of propaganda is going to stick to him. Bush and his jailbirds had free reign in the White House for 8 years. Surely we can give our new President's administration some time, considering the load of mess they were handed by Bush on his way out. The media needs to stop creating stories where none exist. Stay encouraged, President Obama. Sunshine always follows rain.......

March 12, 2009 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  13. Angie

is there anyone in his cabinet not tainted?

March 12, 2009 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  14. Tony

Oh man, this is rich! Obama the Master Vetter strikes again!

March 12, 2009 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  15. rachel

thought this had nothing to do with info czar why the leave ?

March 12, 2009 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  16. johnbrain

Caulk up one more to change you can believe in (if you happen to be a moron). Are there no qualified Democrats to place in Obama's Administration? Also what ever happened to "transparency?"

March 12, 2009 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  17. Gordon Shumway

I'm just glad that there is someone like Obama at the helm and not any of these unsavory crooks that he's trying to appoint to important roles in our government. Wouldn't it be terrible if his judgment was this bad on important things like homeland security, health care, wealth distribution and the economy? Oh yeah, that's right, his judgment definitely sucks on all those issues too!

March 12, 2009 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  18. El Toro

I don't understand why they make such a big deal over this stuff. Obama is shady, his henchmen are shady, what is new? The guy might as well not go on leave, just keep being shady and hang in there. They can just do their thing and be happy.

March 12, 2009 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  19. Richard

Obama's man is not involved. Don't you feel as stupid as you actually are? Apparently, FAUX News had the "whole" story…I'm sure the've implicated Cookie Monster.

March 12, 2009 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  20. ken

Did he ask Mccain for vetting advice?

March 12, 2009 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  21. Blake

Thanks for bringing change to Washington, Obama!

Your picks have been phenomenal!

March 12, 2009 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  22. gl, Pittsburgh

I really hate this mess and I know who is behind all of this the Republicans are all over any body President Obama pick. NO one is prefect, but the Republicans are on a man hunt and they will stop at nothing to bring the President Adminstrtatiion down. If I was the President I would make sure every body on the Bush Administration to trail for their war crime.

March 12, 2009 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  23. Majik

Oh no not another corrupt politican. Speaks volumes about Obamas judgement.

March 12, 2009 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  24. Jon in CA

Wait... I thought all the obama-pologists were yelling how this guy wasn't involved??

Why is he taking a leave??

Strike another one for Obama. Taxcheats, Lobbyists with conflicts of interests, FBI probes.

Who knew it would be SO hard for Obama to find a few CLEAN democrats????

March 12, 2009 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |
  25. barrie

As I sit here laid off and I see H1Bs having the inside track, I go surprise, surprise. Our government seems to be willing to be taken for a ride while tax paying Americans can't get a job. Go figure...I am sad.

March 12, 2009 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |