March 17th, 2009

'Kiss my fat ass,' says Meghan McCain

Last week, Laura Ingraham mocked Meghan McCain on her radio show after the daughter of former GOP presidential nominee John McCain urged Republicans to seek compromise with Democrats.

(CNN) – John McCain’s daughter Meghan has a message for conservative talk-show host Laura Ingraham: “Kiss my fat ass.”

Last week, Ingraham mocked McCain on her radio show after the daughter of former GOP presidential nominee John McCain urged Republicans to seek compromise with Democrats. Ingraham called McCain “a Valley Girl gone awry” and a “plus-sized model.”

McCain, who writes about politics and her personal life for The Daily Beast, went on The View on Monday to fight back.

“What do young women think when I speak my mind about politics and I want to have a political discussion about the ideological future of the Republican Party, and the answer is, ‘She’s fat, she shouldn’t have an opinion.’ What kind of message are we sending young women?” she asked.

“It infuriates me,” she said. “I’m a political writer on a blog, and all of a sudden I’m too fat to write?”

The View’s conservative co-host, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, called Ingraham’s remarks “a low blow.”

McCain said she felt like Tyra Banks when the model “went on her show in her bathing suit and said, ‘Kiss my fat ass.’”

“That’s what I feel right now,” McCain said. “I’m like, ‘Kiss my fat ass!’”

Ingraham quickly responded to McCain once again on her show, telling McCain that she needs to learn to deal with satire and “teasing.”

“Can I say ‘lighten up,’ or is that offensive too?” Ingraham asked.

Filed under: Meghan McCain • Popular Posts
  1. blindbear

Meghan, have you ever thought of ditching the Republicans? From what I've seen of you, you're too bright, too rational, and too independent to march in lockstep with your Republican cohorts. You're too smart to be a Republican.

March 16, 2009 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  2. aj

this girl is awesome!

tell it like it is – there are a couple hundred thousand limbaugh/ingramites and MILLIONs of real repubs that don't like what they have had to say...

March 16, 2009 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  3. Bob

Republicans are idiots. I thank the lord every night the mccains/palins do not have executive power!!

4. beevee

I admire Ms. McCain for speaking out her mind. And to Laura Ingram! please shut up and go away. Don't open your stinky mouth.

5. John

Meghan like her father is a stupid human being.

6. Debby, NJ...foot soldier 'til 2016

You Go Megan.

7. AB Miller

Hey, don't forget Palin is dumb, evil, and scary!!!

8. SHIRLEY "60"

You, young lady, are one of the few Republicans that I have any respect for – don't let anyone change you. Your honesty is refreshing, and I look forward to your continued growth in your party. I'm glad to know that there is someone in your party with a brain, that can think for themselves! PS – You really should be a democrat (we don't mind people who don't always agree with us, in fact, we kind of like it), or at least an independent.

9. dave

Come on, Meghan. Why aren't you eating your young, turning on fellow Republicans, and using negativity to appeal to the base? If you want to be constructive you should really find another party.

10. dan

Ingraham got caught using personal insults as a rejoinder to a political debate, got called on it and is now trying to cover her slippery tracks by implying that she was "just teasing."

Maybe the Fairness Doctrine needs to come back after all.

11. chris

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with Republican men. If they don't win, they want to take their ball home and let everyone suffer. They have the lamest sense of humor anywhere. I'm reminded of my now "ex" husband always retorting with "I was just kidding, don't you have a sense of humor" right after he had just humiliated me in front of the kids or guests. I have a great sense of humor, but when it gets down to bashing about how someone looks, that just too low. Ms Ingraham and Ann Coulter ought to go on a date and they can just spit at each other. Neither one has ANYTHING to offer to this country.

12. Kimberly in Arizona

Megan, your a TRUE Independent, and although your a republican now for your father, you are the voice of SO many young women, democrat OR republican. Your the future ingram, coulter, hannity, limpball, and orielly are the past, and they HATE IT! They are becoming more and more insignificant by the minute, that is why they are getting more and more obnoxious and ignorant. They are desparetely trying to keep their 15 minutes alive. I saw you on the VIEW, and you were awesome, and very respectful. No one knows who laura ingram is, thats why she picked a fight with you, people know you, and shes a leach, she needs you to survive..Ignore her now, dont let her get any more attention. People like her live for this, they flourish on hate and ignorance. Politically, I am not on the same page as your father, but he and your mom did a great job with you!!

13. Suzanne

Though I'm an un-apologetic liberal a decade or so older than Meghan, I admire her willingness to speak out and enjoy the fact that she is a young, intelligent Republican woman who is un-apologetically moderate. She's a good role model for young women today. Why does her appearance matter? Once again these talk show hosts like Ingraham need to ask themselves whether they have ever attacked the physical appearance of a politically-vocal man in the same condescending tone.

14. TMoney

I've never heard of either of these people. Who cares?!

15. globalgroove

OMG...Noah's back

March 16, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  16. Lisa

Meghan McCain is smart enough to know that the "Mean Girls" Republican party (Dick Cheney and Karl Rove being the meanest girls) is obsolete. They're like a bunch of jocks and cheerleaders who peaked in high school and never matured beyond name-calling and peer pressure tactics.

March 16, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  17. Dan in NC

I'm confused. Meghan is a Republican with her own intelligent opinions, and is not afraid to tell other conservatives when they really do need to shut the heck up.

Nothing like that has happened since the day I was born.

Gotta go.. this does not compute.. I think my head is about to explode...

March 16, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  18. Taylor

Laura Ingraham looks like Chris Crocker, as in "Leave Britney Alone!", remember that guy? She wines like him too. The complete opposite of Ingraham, Megan McCain has good looks and brains too.

March 16, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |