March 19th, 2009

Bush to write book on important decisions of presidency

Former President George W. Bush will discuss some of the defining decisions of his presidency in a new book.

(CNN) – Former President George W. Bush is writing a book focusing on defining decisions he's made in his personal and political life, a publishing house announced Thursday.

The book, tentatively titled "Decision Points," is to be published in fall 2010, according to the Crown Publishing Group. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

The book will focus on about 12 important decisions made by the former president. Topics will include his decision to run for president, his choice of his closest advisers, the September 11 terrorist attacks, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, his response to Hurricane Katrina, the forming of his stem cell research policy, his decision to quit drinking, how he found faith and his relationships with his father, mother, siblings and wife.

Full story

Filed under: President Bush
  1. walleye

Alfred E. Newman MAD books were more intelligent.

March 19, 2009 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  2. New Day

Decision 11: I went with extra cheese sauce on my taco. hehehe tacos rule!! hehe

March 19, 2009 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  3. DE

Important decisions of HIS presidency? Fascinating!

March 19, 2009 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  4. Phase2

File under: who cares!!!

March 19, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  5. Joe

It should be called "How I abused my power to get rid of a man I did not like."

And didn't care about anything else going on in my country !

March 19, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  6. Too True For You

The guy had to make some hard decisions, not doubt. And it will be interesting to find out why he made the ones he did, since to the vast majority of the worlds population he consistently made bad ones.

We all speculate it was because he was a nincompoop, or he had evil yes-men influencing his callow ideas of what constitutes policy, or he was under the evil influence of extreme fundamentalist religion.

While I doubt it, this may help us understand why he decided to lead us all down a rat hole, leaving his followers to try and blame everyone else for the outcome.

March 19, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  7. Island girl

If the word "nuclear" pops up in this book, at least we will have a chance to pronouce it ourselves. Ahhhh!

March 19, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  8. Levelheaded

Wow!! I had no idea there were so many geniuses out there who are smarter than George W. Wake-up call folks... the statistics are not in your favor on this one. Bush has far more insight than most of you and your precious Obama. But don't worry, the Obama fairytale will end.... and I don't suspect it will be a "lived happily ever after" ending. Looking forward to Bush's book. Hopefully I haven't been taxed to poverty by the time it comes out because I would really like to buy it.

March 19, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  9. johny

shouldn't they call it the Decider Points?

March 19, 2009 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  10. David

-----–I am not a fan of Bush – never have been. But the American people elected him twice. Just sayin'.-----–

March 19, 2009 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  11. Can't stand Republicans

How about naming the book 'How I Fooled Those Dumb Conservatives Into Voting For Me TWICE!'

March 19, 2009 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  12. crownsy

"one of my most important decisions as the decider was this. Taco's or nacho's in the staff meetings?"

March 19, 2009 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  13. TT

All of you who are so quick to judge should remember that your Obama is not perfect either. He is showing that he is even more incompetent than Bush. You should at least be grateful that Bush has kept this country safe since 9/11. And don't get so angry when Obama gets criticized because you certainly can dish it out, so I hope you can also take it.

March 19, 2009 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  14. lea

A book from Bush, the bafoon, who should be in jail. No thanks.

March 19, 2009 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  15. Jeff

I would sell your books in garage sale! I am sorry to tell the truth that he is the worst president in history!

March 19, 2009 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  16. Annemie

This man has lived a depraved life and portrays a PR world. More of his phantabulising is coming to light. A completely revolting human being right down to his core, wherever that might be.

March 19, 2009 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  17. Joe

He became president, most of you will fade into history as 'no one special'. Mock him all you want but its just anger over your own failures.

March 19, 2009 10:34 am at 10:34 am |