March 19th, 2009

Bush to write book on important decisions of presidency

Former President George W. Bush will discuss some of the defining decisions of his presidency in a new book.

(CNN) – Former President George W. Bush is writing a book focusing on defining decisions he's made in his personal and political life, a publishing house announced Thursday.

The book, tentatively titled "Decision Points," is to be published in fall 2010, according to the Crown Publishing Group. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

The book will focus on about 12 important decisions made by the former president. Topics will include his decision to run for president, his choice of his closest advisers, the September 11 terrorist attacks, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, his response to Hurricane Katrina, the forming of his stem cell research policy, his decision to quit drinking, how he found faith and his relationships with his father, mother, siblings and wife.

Full story

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Mark

Give the guy some credit. Bill Clinton gave us and Bush 9/11

March 19, 2009 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  2. Jilli

Unless he's writing it from a jail cell, I'm not interested.

I don't think Bush would know the truth if it walked up and slapped him in the face.

Good riddance to the worst president of my lifetime.

March 19, 2009 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  3. obama-mama

Take the quit drinking part out unless he wants it to be considered fiction.

March 19, 2009 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  4. Wayne, Greenville TX

I can see it now – "12 Important Decisions – And How I Screwed Up Each One", by George W. Bush.
    :-)

March 19, 2009 08:38 am at 8:38 am |
  5. CSD

This guy couldn't write a children's book.. The guy can't form a cohesive sentence. Ghost-writing aside, any book about this hack's presidency will be a tragedy of Shakespearean proportion.

March 19, 2009 08:40 am at 8:40 am |
  6. Tim Tyree

I thought this moron would just go away once and for all.

March 19, 2009 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  7. Jerry from Coldwater

I hope the book has pop outs like most children books.

March 19, 2009 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  8. Blake

I wonder who will write it for him, since he's borderline illiterate.

Although, i would buy it if it was written and edited entirely by him just for the gaffes. I'm actually starting to miss the "Bushisms".

March 19, 2009 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  9. pa

Haul Bush & Co. to The Hague, for crimes against humanity, and let decisions be made there.

March 19, 2009 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  10. Firth Davenport

I guess Karl and Dick have nothing else to do but write the book for Georgie. And they are all doing this through the goodness of their collective hearts – becuase Wolfowicz needs something new to read.

March 19, 2009 08:42 am at 8:42 am |
  11. Aviate

Oooh Boy! Another work of spell-binding fiction from the Bush administration! Will this one come with free crayons so we can color in between the lines?

March 19, 2009 08:43 am at 8:43 am |
  12. Jim in Bisbee

My sarcasm level is running high. I've got quips popping out of me with very little thought, but this is serious stuff.

I wonder how honest and open this book will be. I feel that a lot of what happened during the Bush administration happened without Bush's input.

I imagine this book will eventually be ripped to pieces by historians and will be challenged well by more qualified administration insiders.

March 19, 2009 08:44 am at 8:44 am |
  13. Aviate

I'd love to be the copy editor on this one. There's a fortune to be made!

March 19, 2009 08:44 am at 8:44 am |
  14. Mark

I would take the Bush "leave it alone" approach verses this Obama Pelosi train wreck we now have.

March 19, 2009 08:44 am at 8:44 am |
  15. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

a book I will never read.....

March 19, 2009 08:46 am at 8:46 am |
  16. Ron

Wow, a vignette. That should be exciting.

March 19, 2009 08:47 am at 8:47 am |
  17. Kit Hope

I hope the deal includes a ghost-writer.

March 19, 2009 08:48 am at 8:48 am |
  18. SC

This makes me laugh and I'm sure it would make my day.

March 19, 2009 08:48 am at 8:48 am |
  19. Hispanic in Dallas, TX

Good for you, Mr. President!

You should like all the other ex-Presidents have done!

God Bless you!

March 19, 2009 08:48 am at 8:48 am |
  20. Ruthie, Stone Mountain GA

Great, another coloring book for my kids.

March 19, 2009 08:49 am at 8:49 am |
  21. John Starnes Tampa Florida

Well now all he has to do is learn some basic grammar and spelling and syntax to avoid having a ghost writer pen his book for him. Maybe he can brush up on the English language while sitting in a jail cell awaiting trial for treason against America, and war crimes against the Iraqi people, with now over 1 MILLION dead due to his war of choice and profit based on deceit.

March 19, 2009 08:49 am at 8:49 am |
  22. Larry

Thats going to be a very short book ...
    I can't imagine it would be any longer than the opening credits
    George W. did NOTHING but waste 8 years, kill thousands of innocent people, including so many of our young children, and help bring this country to the weakest place that it has ever been in my lifetime
    He deserves to burn in the hell that his religion so strongly dictates, along with any book the self serving monster might ever write

March 19, 2009 08:49 am at 8:49 am |
  23. Jeff in Houston

He can read? He can write? If he can write, will he use big words? Wow. But then again, whatever he writes, we cannot trust it. But no worries. His goose-stepping followers will buy every copy.

March 19, 2009 08:50 am at 8:50 am |
  24. Robert - Florida

I suppose the publisher will include a box of crayons with each copy. And none of them thar fancy dan big city words!

March 19, 2009 08:50 am at 8:50 am |