March 19th, 2009

Bush to write book on important decisions of presidency

Former President George W. Bush will discuss some of the defining decisions of his presidency in a new book.

(CNN) – Former President George W. Bush is writing a book focusing on defining decisions he's made in his personal and political life, a publishing house announced Thursday.

The book, tentatively titled "Decision Points," is to be published in fall 2010, according to the Crown Publishing Group. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

The book will focus on about 12 important decisions made by the former president. Topics will include his decision to run for president, his choice of his closest advisers, the September 11 terrorist attacks, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, his response to Hurricane Katrina, the forming of his stem cell research policy, his decision to quit drinking, how he found faith and his relationships with his father, mother, siblings and wife.

Full story

Filed under: President Bush
  1. SC

I'm sure I won't buy the book. I'd give them to Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter & Laura Ingram even if I got free copies.

March 19, 2009 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  2. Kyu Reisch, Radcliff, Kentucky

I have seen TV News and heard how bad Bush is from the best political reporters, especially Democratic side mouth. In two months short time, it wasn't true, Bush didn't do stupid game like Obama administration did. CNN, please bring all of Obama crazy reporters back to your stage, let them speak out again, OBAMA IS READY ON DAY ONE. I would like to hear from Roland and Dana specially.

March 19, 2009 08:52 am at 8:52 am |
  3. JIM...TX

No doubt a SHORT STORY :)

March 19, 2009 08:52 am at 8:52 am |
  4. gary

how much does one get paid to write a short story with single syllable words?

March 19, 2009 08:52 am at 8:52 am |
  5. Jeff

A book on blunders by Dubya?

March 19, 2009 08:53 am at 8:53 am |
  6. Kaye -Jacksonville FL

A book about the decisions of George W Bush – priceless! Bet this baby will just fly off the shelves... hope he's not counting on his sales royalties to pay for his library.... LMAO.

March 19, 2009 08:53 am at 8:53 am |
  7. bj, Texas

Awesome W! Can't wait to read it.

March 19, 2009 08:54 am at 8:54 am |
  8. Minnesotan

Bush writing a book. What a joke. But at least it'll be the first Flip-book ever written by a former president, with emphasis on small words and factual omissions. He might even sell as many as Joe the Plumber, which was what? Twelve?

March 19, 2009 08:55 am at 8:55 am |
  9. proud army navy mom

unless Bush's book is a full confessions of his deceit and ineptness, I am not interested in reading it.

March 19, 2009 08:55 am at 8:55 am |
  10. Rtreff

I am sure it will have a lot of pretty pictures!

March 19, 2009 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  11. Mitchell from MS

I am happy he is writing this book now everyone can know how hard it was for him to make the decisions that he did.

I don't care who you are being president isn't as easy as people think. BO is finding that out as we speak.

March 19, 2009 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  12. joe smith

maybe he can tell us that these proported messages from bin ladin, are really the work of our intelligence people, thus justifying their existence, while keeping thousands of people working in the defence industry..

March 19, 2009 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  13. Jim, Burlington NC

Please just go away Shrub, your legacy will be haunting our grandchildren.

March 19, 2009 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  14. Blue Guy

My mom always said that if you can't think of something nice to say be quiet. In her honor here are my thoghts on a book about George W Bush's decisions:
    "_______"

Thank you.

March 19, 2009 08:57 am at 8:57 am |
  15. Independent

Won't be buying it.....If he is going to get paid $7 million for it....12 points, isn't that in AA??????

March 19, 2009 08:57 am at 8:57 am |
  16. Mel of Alexandria, Virginia

We have had enough lies from that administration. Even if Chaney was really the architect of them all, the integrity was lost, and that renders a book of little consequence.

March 19, 2009 08:57 am at 8:57 am |
  17. Had It

Hmmm – should I cut brush or have a few drinks today?

Also – can my daddy get me out of the service? Or should I pretend to do my duty?

March 19, 2009 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  18. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Is this book going to have a lot of pictures? I want to know if he, George W(oman) Bush, is going to admit that he made mistakes on so many issues or if he is going to claim that he was totally correct... I can't wait for him to say that he was 100% correct and history proves him wrong in so many ways.

March 19, 2009 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  19. Bob I

The worst President in history gets a book deal. Maybe he will get a bonus as well!!!!

March 19, 2009 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  20. zt

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

March 19, 2009 08:59 am at 8:59 am |
  21. Dick M

Who would want to read it? Rush Limbaugh and Dick Cheney?

March 19, 2009 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  22. David in Houston

Yeah, the fire could use a little kindling...

March 19, 2009 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  23. Diane

Who is going to write the book for him? He can't put together a coherent sentence. And, you can bet that not one word of it will be the truth.

March 19, 2009 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  24. rich

I don't purchase books from war criminals. Thanks but no thanks. I would not even purchase it even if it was on sale for a dollar.

March 19, 2009 09:01 am at 9:01 am |
  25. Dan Allen

I can't wait to see the supportive crowds during the book signing tour.

March 19, 2009 09:02 am at 9:02 am |