March 19th, 2009

Bush to write book on important decisions of presidency

Former President George W. Bush will discuss some of the defining decisions of his presidency in a new book.

(CNN) – Former President George W. Bush is writing a book focusing on defining decisions he's made in his personal and political life, a publishing house announced Thursday.

The book, tentatively titled "Decision Points," is to be published in fall 2010, according to the Crown Publishing Group. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

The book will focus on about 12 important decisions made by the former president. Topics will include his decision to run for president, his choice of his closest advisers, the September 11 terrorist attacks, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, his response to Hurricane Katrina, the forming of his stem cell research policy, his decision to quit drinking, how he found faith and his relationships with his father, mother, siblings and wife.

Full story

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Adam Butkus

Yawn... who cares? He should just slip away into oblivion to spare himself further ridicule.

March 19, 2009 09:19 am at 9:19 am |
  2. AEK

I can't deny that my first reaction to this story was, "you have got to be kidding!" But after giving it some thought, it would be interesting to see what the processes were that resulted in the incredibly inadequate response to Hurricane Katrina, the apparently very poorly thought out decision to invade Iraq and deal with it's aftermath, and the war on science his administration waged for eight years. And you know the book will be fairly short, have large print and lots of pictures!

March 19, 2009 09:23 am at 9:23 am |
  3. Ohio Man

hmmm wonder if the book will have pictures in it and a lil Dot to Dot section in the back along with a maze to the White house and comes with 3 crayons

March 19, 2009 09:23 am at 9:23 am |
  4. nancy

Bush can write???? I didn't even know he could read. Well, what do you know!!! I think he should make himself scarce; the way he was during his "do nothing" years in the White House.

March 19, 2009 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  5. Vic of New York

So there's a conundrum if ever there's been one:

BRAIN-DEAD PRESIDENT WRITES ABOUT 12 IMPORTANT DECISIONS!

Maybe it should be published in the National Enquirer – along with stories of liitle green men!

March 19, 2009 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  6. J from Delaware

Going to be a very thin book as not much goes on in his brain.....

March 19, 2009 09:25 am at 9:25 am |
  7. R

Go away! PLEASE, just shut up and go away.

March 19, 2009 09:25 am at 9:25 am |
  8. Cooper In Toronto Canada

Former President George W. Bush is writing a book? Who is actually writing the content, structure and style of the book? George has not written any that I or the public know of. Maybe Dick Cheney and co. are helping as always...LOL

March 19, 2009 09:25 am at 9:25 am |
  9. Jack Hughes

I'm envisioning 1 page with about 12 bullets.

He's going to need a hell of an editor.

March 19, 2009 09:25 am at 9:25 am |
  10. Jim

So many questions:

Will it be large print and small words?

Will it rhyme, like Dr. Suess?

Will it have lots and lots of pictures?

Will it contain many stirring examples of his decidiness and decisionosity?

Will it explain how to emulate his righteous decisionossitude?

By rights, if there was any justice, it should contain only three words:

Worst. President. Ever!

March 19, 2009 09:26 am at 9:26 am |
  11. Laura Spurrell

I think such a book would be hysterical with lies that everyone know the difference off. I wouldn't pay a cent for it.

March 19, 2009 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  12. Eleanor

I could not be more remotely uninterested in anything this man has to say or his sidekick Cheney either
    His ACTIONS spoke volumes
    We do not need a book to remind us

March 19, 2009 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  13. jayindenver

Just so long as it's published under "Fiction."

March 19, 2009 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  14. Chris

while i disagreed with that vast majority of his policies this should at least be an interesting read. He never really did articulate why he did the things he did so this will be quite curious. I'm actually looking forward to this.

It's great for him – because he was so controversial he will sell a LOT of books.

March 19, 2009 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  15. Mark

No. I can't do it. It's far too easy. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel. No sport in it.

March 19, 2009 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  16. S Callahan

Will there be a sequel telling tales of the evil within your adminstration?
    I'm glad you're putting the book out....a word for the wise...be RELLY truthful....this is God's grace on you to save face.

March 19, 2009 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  17. RB

Sounds like a great read from a great president!

Libs are just mad that they could never beat George W. Bush or Dick Cheney, and now they never will!!!!!

– A proud member of the realistic 33% that approve President Bush's performance as president.

March 19, 2009 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  18. Bill

President George W. Bush please the American people do not need a book to remind us of the worst eight years we have ever had. Please sir just go away and say no more.

March 19, 2009 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  19. Scott, Tucson

By the end of Obama's term, George Bush administation will most likely come across as the good ol' days.

March 19, 2009 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  20. Kate

A better title might be: 'How I Nearly Brought My Country to Ruin and Still Got a Book Deal'. I've been watching the news, so I won't be reading his delusional view of his job as president. Thanks, but no thanks.

March 19, 2009 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  21. Nelson Colorado Springs Co.

Another best seller

March 19, 2009 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  22. RevC

Who's gonna publish this tripe? Regnery?

And Scaife, et al., will prolly buy it buy the truckloads, propelling it to the top of the "bestseller" lists, just like every other apologist, right-wing screed that's defended his awful eight-year train-wreck of an Administration.

No thanks; having lived through it myself, I don't need to read any more of Dubya's lies...

March 19, 2009 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  23. Ed Word

I hope he has a fresh supply of crayons. Coloring is hard work.

March 19, 2009 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  24. Sharon-Chicago

Im happy G.Bush is telling his story and im sure truthfully, unlike our now president who dare ask us (retired, injured,current soldiers) to pay for medical. What kind of president is he, he surely does not support our troops. I guess we all have been mis guided in this election. The truth will unvail as it does each day

March 19, 2009 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  25. Jessika Marie

In my opinion, I believe that Bush made MANY mistakes as president, he can write a book all he wants to. But I don't believe it's going to be a "best-seller". People can say that it's not Bush's fault that our economy FULLY SUCKS right now, but he was president for 8 years and our economy is terrible right now! I think he could have worked harder and put money towards many other things than The War in Iraq for example. My brother is in the Marines and just got home from Iraq, and I have joined the Navy, but that does not mean I support the war. I support our SOLDIERS, the brave men and women, not the war... and NOT Bush. So, do us a favor Bush, and just stay in Texas. A book about your "Decisions" is not necessary.

March 19, 2009 09:36 am at 9:36 am |