March 19th, 2009

Bush to write book on important decisions of presidency

Former President George W. Bush will discuss some of the defining decisions of his presidency in a new book.

(CNN) – Former President George W. Bush is writing a book focusing on defining decisions he's made in his personal and political life, a publishing house announced Thursday.

The book, tentatively titled "Decision Points," is to be published in fall 2010, according to the Crown Publishing Group. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

The book will focus on about 12 important decisions made by the former president. Topics will include his decision to run for president, his choice of his closest advisers, the September 11 terrorist attacks, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, his response to Hurricane Katrina, the forming of his stem cell research policy, his decision to quit drinking, how he found faith and his relationships with his father, mother, siblings and wife.

Full story

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Bamapalooza

Good man. Can't wait to read it.

March 19, 2009 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  2. pj451

Will it come with crayons?

March 19, 2009 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  3. dan in Tucson

Bush can write? I'm sure he'll just tell his story to a ghost writer. OMG, I am soooooooooooo glad he's out of there.
    This will be the first time I am for a book burning.

March 19, 2009 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  4. T the B

This one has got to be funny. Who would have thought about writing a book about doing everything wrong.

March 19, 2009 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  5. JonDie

Criminals should be forbidden from making money by writing about their crimes.

March 19, 2009 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  6. Freed_From_W

No. Fascist war criminals don't get memoirs.

March 19, 2009 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  7. Big Ed

The legal decisions or the more ubundant illegal ones?

March 19, 2009 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  8. Adam Korengold

I'm sure that Bush's discussions of how he engaged in careful deliberation, used unbiased and credible data, incorporated insights from individuals with diverse points of view other than his own, and consulted with other relevant parties including members of both parties in Congress will be very instructive.

March 19, 2009 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  9. Bob F

Well, here's one I won't have to buy.

March 19, 2009 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  10. Tik Tik, Ev

How about his choice to RUIN America once and for all?

March 19, 2009 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  11. Nick - West Hills (L.A.), CA

His editor and proofreaders will have a ton of work to do.

March 19, 2009 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  12. Edward Blake

He can try to explain all he wants, but there are no excuses for what this monster did to America.

March 19, 2009 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  13. Mike

Give me a break!

March 19, 2009 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  14. Phil

hahaha... decisions? How about writing a book on "How to con the American people and win an election?"

March 19, 2009 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  15. Ohio Woman

And we can ACTUALLY believe anything this man will tell us??

March 19, 2009 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  16. Todd

I can't believe we had an alcoholic president who needed to use the hard structures of a fundamentalist religion to stabilize himself.

That's fine for a normal person to rely on that type of religion for stability, but we should expect more from our presidents.

March 19, 2009 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  17. Page mauck

I hope the proceeds from the book go to the thousands of families that the most inept president in modern history ruined.

March 19, 2009 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  18. EDDIE

I didn't know he was going to write a childrens book. I hope the letters and the numbers are BIG.

March 19, 2009 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  19. Ali

I think that this is one of the best things that Bush has ever done. This book will really help many political leaders in the future. I think that it will teach them how to handle situations differently than how he did. This will be a very positive thing for others.

March 19, 2009 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  20. Jimmy carter

Bush is the greatest America president we have ever had.He did what he had to do to protect the country, no matter what people said about him he did not waver.Viva Bush

March 19, 2009 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  21. Debi

How can he write? He can barely read.

12 important decisions: #1 Do I go to Crawford or Camp David for vacation? #2 Who do I blame today for all my problems? #3 Do I go to help with relief from Katrina in Louisiana or Texas? #4 How do I push my religious beliefs on the rest of America? #5 How long after I get out of office should I wait to tell everyone about my real ties to the Saudis and their oil profits?

I notice this is coming out right before the 2010 elections. Coincidence?

March 19, 2009 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  22. Louis

With his intellect the book will be read only by third graders

March 19, 2009 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  23. cocoatan247

Will he tell us a truthful account or will he elaborate another woeful string of lies to cover up his real agenda: to bankrupt America, overthrow his daddy's nemesis, own the largest oilfield in the world, reduce America's influence and credibility worldwide and for the US into the NAU? I wouldn't even borrow this book from a library let alone buy it. This man had 8 years to give it to us straight. I think he forgot how to. He believes his own line of BS.

March 19, 2009 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  24. virginia nielsen

He and his pal Chenney best decision would be to resign in 2001!!
    Everything would be very different !!!

March 19, 2009 09:50 am at 9:50 am |
  25. TexasBob

It will, no doubt, be on par with the other trashy books of our day. Just imagine: a "presidential" bodice-ripper from 'W'. But, you know, it's so hard to call anything about the guy "presidential".

March 19, 2009 09:50 am at 9:50 am |