March 19th, 2009

Bush to write book on important decisions of presidency

Former President George W. Bush will discuss some of the defining decisions of his presidency in a new book.

(CNN) – Former President George W. Bush is writing a book focusing on defining decisions he's made in his personal and political life, a publishing house announced Thursday.

The book, tentatively titled "Decision Points," is to be published in fall 2010, according to the Crown Publishing Group. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

The book will focus on about 12 important decisions made by the former president. Topics will include his decision to run for president, his choice of his closest advisers, the September 11 terrorist attacks, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, his response to Hurricane Katrina, the forming of his stem cell research policy, his decision to quit drinking, how he found faith and his relationships with his father, mother, siblings and wife.

Full story

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Mari

Unlike the far-right-folks who claim to be Christian and make spiteful remarks daily about President Obama, I wont take part in bashing Bush.

I will speak the truth, give the facts, but wont call him names.

May GOD have mercy on GWB when he meets his Creator!

March 19, 2009 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  2. John in Austin

Decision #3: Should I warn the country about 9/11, or just let it happen? If I let it happen, I can blame it on someone else and go to war!! YES!! I LOVE WAR!! We can smoke 'em out.

March 19, 2009 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  3. drkilmer

I bet it'll be in rebus format.

March 19, 2009 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  4. Sniffit

It'll be written in braille because you'd have to be blind to believe a word of it.

March 19, 2009 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  5. mantysman

I didn't think that Chimpy could compose sentences or much less paragraphs without Rove's help or Cheney's advice. How will he be able to write a complete BOOK? Anyway, I wouldn't buy it unless he dictated it from his war-criminal CELL.

March 19, 2009 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  6. Sniffit

"Destroying a Country for Dummies"

March 19, 2009 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  7. make news

The former Decider wouldn't know a consequence if it hit him in the face. Because they did. And he didn't.

Of course, the shoes may be the only exception...

March 19, 2009 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  8. Expat American

The United States government and the Executive Branch especially are not and will never be a transparent entity. The American people will never know what really happens behind the doors of the Oval Office. The American people aren't supposed to – no matter who is the occupant.

I will read the book because I want to see just how much of the standard operating procedure of security will be implemented into Bush's memoirs – before it is made public.

March 19, 2009 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  9. Homer

You will find it in the fiction asile

March 19, 2009 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  10. Don from Delaware

Tapioca from the ears up!

March 19, 2009 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  11. Saganhill

I wonder if he will recordificate his book to CD? Ha!

March 19, 2009 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  12. rena

Why in the world do we need to read a book by Bush when we have lived it for 8 yrs, still living it, will be living it for years to come after he is long gone. I think experiencing his book in realty is enough, please keep your book to yourself. I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to keep the little peace of mind that I do have left, he's taken enough.

March 19, 2009 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  13. Ted van Tol

It will be finished soon!

March 19, 2009 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  14. The black Spider

The right wing nuts will buy that book. This man should be in jail period.

March 19, 2009 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  15. Oh geez

See George. See George lie. See George rewrite history.

March 19, 2009 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  16. turn TEXAS BLUE

Man, its really good to know that he still has some people that still love him, i guess taking the economy to HELL was not good enough, putting us in a WAR was not good enough, putting us in a Economic DOWN FALL WAS not ggod enough. The only thing left is to blow us all up, i guess that will be when his followers will see that he was and will always be a terrible president!!!! then by that time>>>>>>>> TO LATE!

March 19, 2009 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  17. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

It will be a yellow & black book called.....

Governing as President for Dummies

March 19, 2009 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  18. Joe

I can't wait for this to come out.
    Finally some truth, but the Bushaholics with Bush Derangement syndrome may take the cliff after reading it.

Every President has all his ugliest faults for the world to see, but the truth will come out slowly over time.

How can a President that frees over 50 million people not get his props?

Tragically we have lost over 4500 of America best in 6 years.
    More people die yearly from malaria than have died in this whole war.
    More people die yearly from auto accidents in the US than have died in this war.
    Billions wasted, have you checked out what Congress has been doing with our hard earned tax dollars lately?

But, I feel safer with them out there protecting us without complaint, without getting wealthy, sacrificing time away from loved ones.

May God bless them all richly in this world and the one to come.

March 19, 2009 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  19. obama-mama

Every chapter will ready "I Kept you safe for 8 years" even though 9-11 happened on my watch.

March 19, 2009 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  20. Kayne

Well, I know I AM Going 2 Buy It (:

March 19, 2009 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  21. Randy, San Francisco

Save your money and go see "Watchmen." Bush's interpretation of history will be more bizarre.

March 19, 2009 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  22. SGTBIGO

I have to say this. The Dems scream at Repubs for making fun of Obama and then turn around and make fun of Bush. Repubs scream at Dems for making fun of Bush and Limbaugh and then turn around and will run Obama into the ground. Do you people really think this is the best way to go about discussing our differences? Stop with the name calling and just show some respect.

March 19, 2009 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  23. ivonne

I would love to read it ...

March 19, 2009 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  24. Fitz in Texas

Can't wait to purchase and read the book. Hopefully, the anti-Bush folks will do the same and if they don't want to purchase the book I'll let them read my copy.

Thank you President Bush for serving our country and keeping us safe. Never said you were perfect, but I slept better under your watch than I do under the present President.

March 19, 2009 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  25. Mark Phoenix, AZ

Bush will get a ghost writer from DC Comics to do it for him. The title should be "Revenge of the Plutocrats – Hey Wats a Plutocrat"

March 19, 2009 10:18 am at 10:18 am |