March 25th, 2009

Blagojevich: 'I have no complaints'

Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich hosted a two-hour radio program in Chicago Wednesday.

(CNN) – Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich sounded an uncharacteristically conciliatory tone during a solo radio hosting appearance on Chicago's WLS 890 AM.

"I have no complaints," Blagojevich told CNN contributor D.L. Hughley during a reflective moment in Wednesday's broadcast.

"I think there's always a purpose that God has for all of us and, you know, in my mind and my heart, I believe God has a purpose for me. And I'm his instrument in some form or another. To the extent that I can be still someone who fights for the average guy, the little guy . . . I'm going to keep trying to do that."

Blagojevich also praised President Obama, and likened the new president to former Presidents Reagan and Kennedy in his push for tax cuts in an effort to turn the economy around.

"He's the number one Democrat in America, and so I think those Democrats [on Capitol Hill] have to give their brand new president a chance to get his program passed," Blagojevich said. "If it's one that's going to provide tax relief to people, I'm imploring my fellow Democrats in Congress to go along with President Obama."

Blagojevich also used his time at the mic to tout his own accomplishments while governor, and to repeatedly criticize his successor Gov. Pat Quinn for plans to raise taxes.

Filed under: Rod Blagojevich
  1. Expat American

Blago – what a shyster! Oh Dear. His next stop should be to dethrone Fabio in the “I can’t believe it’s not butter” adverts…! He’s got the coiffe.

Love that guy! At least he didn’t bring up a chubby girl’s low self esteem over a pizza with ‘the works’….then again. The jury is still out!

Har har har!

March 25, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  2. daniel cabrera

BLAGOJEVICH AT WLS RADIO – WHAT A TREAT!

BLAGOJEVICH AT WLS RADIO – WHAT A TREAT!
    That is very ok,… he has the right to do so,…and beside he has a good way with words too – just like Obama. He might now, convince people to elect him again as governor,..who knows? Specially since Chicago elcetorates seems to look the other way when CORRUPTION is in sight.
    Well,… look what happened with Obama – he is product of the SUPER-COORRUPTED CHICAGO POLITICAL ATMOSPHERE and people fooled themselves PRETENDING HE CAME OUT TOTALLY DRY FROM THAT OCEAN OF CORRUPTION, right ?
    TIME will tell….or/and maybe, Blgojevich will tell 'everthing ' and even Obama might go down the tubes along with the others CROOKS AND TAX CHEATERS IN HIS CORRUPTED CLINTON-CLONE CABINET
    Life is full of surprises.!

sincerely,
    Daniel cabrera
    Merrillville, Indiana

March 25, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  3. Bob the Observer

How sweet. I'm so glad he's so willing to forgive all the bad people who hurt him so badly.

I still hope they will prosecute him to the full extent of the law. And when he starts to sing, I'm looking forward to him bringing down Jesse Jackson, both Jr. and Sr., with him.

March 25, 2009 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  4. FreeNLovIt

He's a good man, despite the fall. If you want to see a real rotten one, try the drug cartels. Try meeting the guy that shot acid in a 5-year-old's heart. Now that's evil.

March 25, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  5. California Gold

When is his trial with the Feds scheduled? Will "Club Fed" allow him to broadcast remotely? Anyone care to bid? What price do you think he will charge? Woooops.

March 25, 2009 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  6. Felonious Monk

America has a fascination with criminals, they are celebrities in their own right. Bonni and Clyde, Pretty Boy Floyd, John Dillinger, just to name a few.

March 25, 2009 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  7. Felonious Monk

Doug in New Jersey,
    Politicians lie, all politicians lie. Wake up. Do you actually think for a second that any of these guys actually have America's best interests at heart? Foolishness, just plain foolishness.

I still haven't seen anything out there that reaches the level of corruption set by the Bush Administration. Criminal, but their side continues to deny any and all wrong doing. Bush's greatest accomplishment was the failure to get the Social Security involved in the stock market. Where would we be now? Fool.

March 25, 2009 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  8. druidmary

real patriot huh! How about a US citizen wishing our president's policies to fail?

These are the republicans..always looking after themselves

March 25, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  9. Lee in TN

If Rod Blagojevich has been indicted, is there going to be a trial, or is this all just a political move by the prosecutor??? I always thought a person was innocent until proven guilty.

March 25, 2009 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  10. Carmine Abbattiello

The early transcripts were priceless. Can't wait for the trial!

March 25, 2009 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  11. Anton

why is blago not in jail yet?

March 25, 2009 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  12. Interesting...

Druidmary–What are you talking about? Blagojevich is a Democrat!

March 25, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |