March 25th, 2009

Blagojevich: 'I have no complaints'

Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich hosted a two-hour radio program in Chicago Wednesday.

(CNN) – Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich sounded an uncharacteristically conciliatory tone during a solo radio hosting appearance on Chicago's WLS 890 AM.

"I have no complaints," Blagojevich told CNN contributor D.L. Hughley during a reflective moment in Wednesday's broadcast.

"I think there's always a purpose that God has for all of us and, you know, in my mind and my heart, I believe God has a purpose for me. And I'm his instrument in some form or another. To the extent that I can be still someone who fights for the average guy, the little guy . . . I'm going to keep trying to do that."

Blagojevich also praised President Obama, and likened the new president to former Presidents Reagan and Kennedy in his push for tax cuts in an effort to turn the economy around.

"He's the number one Democrat in America, and so I think those Democrats [on Capitol Hill] have to give their brand new president a chance to get his program passed," Blagojevich said. "If it's one that's going to provide tax relief to people, I'm imploring my fellow Democrats in Congress to go along with President Obama."

Blagojevich also used his time at the mic to tout his own accomplishments while governor, and to repeatedly criticize his successor Gov. Pat Quinn for plans to raise taxes.

Filed under: Rod Blagojevich
  1. Clarence Hebert

What a shame when people like Fred Thompson what Obama's policies to fail. The Republicans should work with instead against him. If he fails then the country could fail.
    I have voted more for Republicans then Democrats. I wish they would stop crying and realize that they lost and rightfully so.
    I am very disapointed with the Republican Party's behavior.

March 25, 2009 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  2. thomas

We really need to start giving competency tests to public officials. A polygraph exam and IQ test wouldn't hurt either.

March 25, 2009 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  3. God

Oh I've got something in store for him...

March 25, 2009 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  4. Jack

"Blagojevich also used his time at the mic to tout his own accomplishments while governor, and to repeatedly criticize his successor Gov. Pat Quinn for plans to raise taxes"

Complaints= critics

March 25, 2009 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  5. ede

It would be ridiculous to raise taxes during this economic hard times, Gov. Pat Quinn. !!!!

March 25, 2009 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  6. PATC

Obama wants to raise not cut taxes. We know who Obama's biggest fan is now. Blago.

March 25, 2009 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  7. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

All of a sudden, Blagojevich has been reborn-–In God He Trust--–the rest pay cash-–good luck Blago!

March 25, 2009 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  8. Louis

There is nothing more disgusting than some scumbag invoking the name of God after getting caught in a crime.

March 25, 2009 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  9. proud army navy mom

good luck, blagojevich, God does have a plan for you.

March 25, 2009 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  10. DNC must be changed.

He should be in JAIL OF CHICAGO.

March 25, 2009 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  11. Steve, Columbia, SC

Mr Blagojevich, please spare us the reference to you being an instrument of God. Yes, He will use your life however He chooses, but your corrupt life is not an instrument of God.

March 25, 2009 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  12. Teresa

Odd how GOD always come into the language of fallen "higher-ups".
    Frankly, I am also tired of the pedastal he has put himself on as hero to help the "average guy" / the "little guy".

hey, Roddo: us little guys are doing fine. I think you overestimate your contributions. You need to help yourself, dude. Your life's a mess.

March 25, 2009 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  13. lovable liberal

Can he and Sarah Palin have their own talk show, please? Then the two people in the world who care what they think would already be listening.

March 25, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  14. pam Eugene OR

This man is so yesterday's news. Does anyone care what he says or thinks. I want to know why he is on the radio and not in jail. He is a criminal.

March 25, 2009 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  15. Time for Term Limits

Sounds like we have the next Limbaugh on our hands, expect that Blago is addicted to exercise, not OxyContin

March 25, 2009 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  16. Californian

Blagojevich = Corruption

Just another typical lip flapping politician from Chicago (the most corrupt city in the most corrupt state in America).

March 25, 2009 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  17. Doug, New Jersey

Lovable Lib, Blago is your boy, he and you have similar values, not even on the same planet as Palin's. Why do libs lie and try to pretend Blago is a republican? I mean look at him, no way he is not a lib.

March 25, 2009 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  18. Fed Up

Personally I think that he forgot about God when he was not only doing this illegal activities but really forgot God with all the lying in covering up those illegal activities. And, he obviously didn't think about God with all of his "potty mouthing". Interesting that now he knows God has a plan for him. Consider this.....might this be the PLAN...prison here on earth and who knows what in the here after....perhaps God will smile down on him if he fesses-up and comes clean on his transgressions!

March 25, 2009 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  19. krauq

I couldn't listen to it. I am 110% confident he said something along the lines of "I didn't do anything wrong"

March 25, 2009 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  20. tim

Anyone watch Frontline last night…. spot on!

Bush's failed presidency will be Obama's curse!

Tax cuts+much more spending= bush tearing us apart.

Thanks a lot, Bush!

March 25, 2009 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  21. Seriously?

Why is this guy still getting air play?

March 25, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  22. Wanda in Montana

Why not? It worked out okay for G. Gordon Liddy and Olly North. Criminals do well on the radio.

March 25, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  23. BJ Everett

Gee, Blago, I understand better now why you were run out of Illinois: You believe Obama wants to lower taxes. Gee, and I was thinking you were intelligent. You surprised me

March 25, 2009 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  24. Truth Bomb Thrower

I cannot think of any person who better symbolizes and represents the democratic party than this guy.

March 25, 2009 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  25. Juan

First and foremost, Bobby Jindal need to focus on the issues (which there are many) in Louisiana rather than gallivanting across the United States promoting fundraisers for re election. I guess the people of Louisiana doesn't matter to him- It's all about him (Bobby). He has no clue as to what is going on in the state.

If he wanted to pursue the bid for president he should not have accepted the role as govenor and the job that goes with it.

March 25, 2009 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |