March 25th, 2009

Schneider: Obama gives tough answer to CNN

Obama said he wanted time to think about his AIG response.
Obama said he wanted time to think about his AIG response.

(CNN) – President Obama gave a pretty tough answer to CNN's Ed Henry when asked why he waited days to express outrage on the AIG bonuses.

"It took us a couple of days because I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak," he said.

It seemed to imply the question was impertinent.

"After Ed Henry, he looked like he wanted to go home," conservative talk radio host and CNN Contributor Bill Bennett said.

Watch: Ed Henry on his exchange with Obama

Filed under: Bill Schneider • Popular Posts
  1. stillsupportspresident

BAM! (In Emeril's voice...)

March 24, 2009 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  2. JIM...TX

I love it! Don't buckle under to the pundits:)

March 24, 2009 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  3. Zion

Dang, that answer was two snaps and twirl.

March 24, 2009 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  4. Aaron Swindell III

Impertinent, no? Thoughtful, yes! He's the President. Let him take his time to get the right information instead of speaking without facts.

March 24, 2009 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  5. annie - Palin 2012

Such a liar – obama and tiny timmie tax cheat and 2/3 of the demmies knew this provision was in the Aig bailout and as dodd said the administration wanted to make sure it was in there.

March 24, 2009 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  6. Prithi

Ed Henry deserved that response. He was verging on disrespectful as was evident by his facial expressions.

March 24, 2009 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  7. No Hillary = No Obama

Still being the cheerleader for Mr. "I need to be the center of attention" Obama. We have a growing chorus of Obama apologists who can't seem to bring themselves to eat crow over Obama's all talk, little to show for it, Presidency. This guy cannot function without an audience – it's just yap, yap, yap. I turn it off.

March 24, 2009 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  8. FreeNLovingIt

If you havent observed his personality and know him by now, you are TRULY lost in the wilderness. Obama is a typical man. Men tends to take time to form opinions while women tend to jump right into an opinion. I see a lot of that in my parents. He's a man. Most men take the time to analyze their situations first before committing to a marriage. Head comes first before the heart.

March 24, 2009 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  9. Audrey Fryer

Ed Henry came off belligerent in his very first question. Mr. Obama put him in his place. Right on.

March 24, 2009 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  10. bob from canada

good for him......don't let silly reporter try to stick it to you

March 24, 2009 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  11. Robert

President Obama's response was GREAT. It is so refreshing to have a President who makes sure that he has the facts before running off at the mouth.

March 24, 2009 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  12. Mel

there should have been a follow up question – are you saying that cuomo didn't know what he was talking about (which we know is not true) OR are you saying that it takes the white house 3-4 days longer to get information?

it was a good question – he didn't like it because he and his team looked bad.

March 24, 2009 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  13. 30m-Democrat-voted Clinton then McCain

"I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak,"

Could have fooled me, Obama.

March 24, 2009 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  14. Sam

Because it was. Americans don't care how long he delayed with his response. All that matters is that he did respnd, and that him and this Administration is doing all they can to put this nation back on track.

March 24, 2009 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  15. Mary

Yes I heard that and I thought it was great.......at least this President likes to give a lot of thought to what he says and know what he is talking about before he speaks........not like our last President, at least this President uses words that makes sense.......I used to like Ed Henry but lately when he reports he sounds like he putting the President down.......he needs to just report the news but of late his republican side is coming out and it shows.........

March 24, 2009 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  16. sally

"Impertinent" and plain stupid. I guess Ed Henry is somehow trying to relive is glory days when he interviewed Bill Clinton the same day the Monica Lewinsky broke.

Keep trying Ed, I'm sure you will find something "sensational" that will keep your career going.

March 24, 2009 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  17. Rick

speak the truth, have some integrity instead of smoke blowing, you knew about thie bonuses 2 weeks prior.

March 24, 2009 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  18. Jenny in CA

I thought the Prez gave a great answer and I like the fact that he doesn't just want to talk out of anger, but rather understand all the facts before speaking.

March 24, 2009 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  19. Anonymous

Impertinent?
    Obama's G.W. Bushlike qualities are starting to show What an arrogant gas bag!

March 24, 2009 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  20. Leslie

"Tough answers" AFTER questions were given to him so he would look knowlegeable infront of cameras. Please don't kid a kidder. Reporters themselves exposed Obamachimp hypocrisy, they have to submit their questions. All they have to do is wait for that monkey to call their name so they can ask the SAME question they've submitted to him and his staff. Obama is smart? Obama is intelligent? NOPE! HE'S A FAKE!

March 24, 2009 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  21. patricia

I hope Ed Henry is remove from the front row seat from the daily conference in the White House and I hope they don't call on him for any more question. I don't might him asking a question but he was trying to put my President on the spot.

March 24, 2009 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  22. Brook E. Mantia

Um... no Bill, it means we have a thoughful, discerning President. It's easy for the rest of us to spout off every uninformed opinion that pops into our heads. I prefer a President who does his homework, thank you. I'm really sick of everyone promoting their outrage as if the only thing that matters is its vindication. Yeah, we're outraged...now how do we solve the problem? Or do we still want to wallow in it?

March 24, 2009 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  23. Karen

The reporter asked such a dumb question. I am glad the President set him straight in such an effective, direct respectful manner.

March 24, 2009 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  24. Marcus

It was a stupid question. Ed Henry deserved that response.

March 24, 2009 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  25. FreeNLovingIt

We voted for judgment, vision and patience.

March 24, 2009 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |