March 31st, 2009

Romney talks 2012

(CNN) - Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney - still among the most visible faces in the Republican Party - isn't ruling out another White House run in 2012.

"I love what Yogi Berra said - I can't get it exactly right, but it's something like this: 'I don't like forecasting, particularly if the future is involved,'" said Romney on CNN's American Morning.

Romney's continued fundraising prowess, active political action committee, and presence on the cable news circuit have led many political observers to speculate he is laying the groundwork for another presidential run.

Filed under: Mitt Romney
  1. Bob the Observer

Mitt Romney's candidacy would guarantee that I would vote Democratic or Libertarian in 2012. And I'm probably not the only person who held his nose and voted for McCain that would say that.

March 31, 2009 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  2. Ekbaaaal from DC

yeh!!!

But what about Boehner OR Scott???

March 31, 2009 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  3. Walter

It's a good thing for this guy that there are really only two sides to most issues.

March 31, 2009 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  4. go away mongers -Ventura CA

Until they come up with a valid PLAN to do SOMETHING, and they quit name-calling and spreading fear- the gop is only a name for many things NEGATIVE.

March 31, 2009 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  5. Gene

While the republicans are planning who's going to run in 2012... the democrats are working to solve the problems today. Why are we even thinking about 2012 already?!?! The Republicans sound like they're willing to do nothing for 4 years and just look forward to the next election.

I say let them. In 4 years when the next election cycle comes up and they're asked what the focus of the republican party has been in the last 4 years.. they won't be able to say anything but "winning the next election".

March 31, 2009 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  6. karen-Phoenix

NO ROMNEY!! Another rich, spoiled republican man who has NO idea of the American working class!!! And I was a republican for 40 years! Too many spoiled rich "boys" in the republican party!!! NO MORE thousand dollar suits in the White House!

March 31, 2009 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  7. Jim, Burlington NC

Mitt "Magic Underwear" Romney, yeah get your crooked used car morals out there and run with Caribou Barbie, I love it, another Democratic landslide in the making...

March 31, 2009 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  8. Lesley Anne

It would be a huge improvement over Palin in my opinion. Every day something about Alaska proves that she is not qualified. Most recently her lack of attention to the oil tanks stored at the base of the rumbling volcano and her new state appointments. She can't decide which one of her personal priorities to promote first.

March 31, 2009 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  9. midadCanada

I think Rommey doesn't get it. The repubs would not let a Mormom
    ascend the whitehouse throne. He is in the wrong party, of course
    I am not a fan of mormom crazy belief myself.
    Obama will beat him by a wide margin, so tell Rommey to bring it on.

March 31, 2009 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  10. Mississippi Mike

I'd be a lot more confident in the direction of our country if we had a bonified economic genius like Romney steering us through this recession. Instead we have radical liberal rookies testing their unfounded ideology and showing their general incompetence.

March 31, 2009 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  11. t wilson

I forecast the neo-nutts will choose Sarah Palin over you 5-to-1 !!!

If they are so stupid they will listen to Rush Limbaugh they are certainly stupid enough to vote one of their own in to office.

March 31, 2009 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  12. SAI

Mitt Romney will have changed his position on every meaningful issue at least twice before 2012. What won't
    change is the viscosity of the reptile petroleum he sells.

March 31, 2009 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  13. Mel

Best not to vote for this fearmonger, and divisive and angry little man.

March 31, 2009 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  14. Patrick Peavy Dallas,TX

He is my second choice after Sarah Palin. Palin/Romney 2012 would be awesome.

March 31, 2009 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  15. bill for barack

2012 is going to be a banner year for comedians of the Republican ilk.

March 31, 2009 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  16. ran

That is all he ever will be able to do is just talk.

March 31, 2009 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  17. John in Ohio

I would pay money to see a debate between Romney, Palin, and Jindal. I don't think there could ever be anything funnier.

March 31, 2009 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  18. Freed_From_W

"I love what Yogi Berra said — I can't get it exactly right, but it's something like this: 'I don't like forecasting, particularly if the future is involved,'" said Romney on CNN's American Morning."

I don't like Mitt Romney... especially if the future of hundreds of millions is involved.

March 31, 2009 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  19. patNY

Bring him on! The fact is that the economy should be in recovery mode by this time next year, and by the time the next presidential election cycle comes, will be in growth...people will see their 401ks and IRAs rebound, their stocks go up, their jobs and income improve, and then, what will the republican candidate have to say?

March 31, 2009 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  20. Deb

So, he will run but who is going to vote for him, that's the question.

March 31, 2009 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  21. disgusted

Oh look! A rich old white man.

March 31, 2009 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  22. John Anthony

I'm always on the lookout for fresh new ideas, but if all Romney's going to come up with as solutions for our economy are more tax cuts for the rich or corporations, or more deregulation, he can go fly a kite.

March 31, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  23. nobody actually puts their name here...

I'd be surprised (read: blown right out of my skin) if the GOPs actually carried more than 45% of the '12 popular vote. They're falling apart. That said, I wouldn't be quite as shellshocked if it was Romney or someone similar at the helm. Anybody but Sarah "The Media's Out To Get Me" Palin.

March 31, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  24. Camile

You are a loser, stop the madness, you cannot win. They don't like pretty boys like you.

March 31, 2009 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  25. Maggie from Virginia

When are we going to get the details of the GOP's alternative budget?

March 31, 2009 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |