April 8th, 2009

Johnston-Palin war of words continues

Johnston appeared on CBS Wednesday, his second national TV interview this week.
Johnston appeared on CBS Wednesday, his second national TV interview this week.

(CNN) – The war of words between the families of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and Levi Johnston doesn't appear to be letting up.

In an interview with CBS, Johnston sharply refuted the Palins' claim he was lying about being permitted to live with onetime fiancé Bristol Palin, and suggested the Palin family is now essentially treating him as an outcast.

"I'm just trying to get my side of the story out there and letting people know who I am," he said in the interview with CBS that aired Wednesday, adding that the biggest misconception about him is "probably that my family is white trash."

In the interview, his second national television sit-down in the last week, Johnston also said his relationship with Bristol Palin began to go deteriorate when Sarah Palin returned to Alaska after the presidential election in Alaska.

"I think when she got back is when it went downhill," he said. "They don't think of me the same way anymore."

Johnston also said he was "heartbroken" when the relationship ended but added "I got an amazing little boy out of it."

Johnston's sister Mercede, also taking part in the interview, was even harsher in her assessment of the Palins, saying they are downright "snobby."

"Look what they are doing," she said. "They are lying trying to save themselves. They are the ones that asked for it. They brought him to the campaign. They should have known what was coming."

In a statement issued earlier this week, Palin family spokesman Meghan Stapleton said Johnston and his family are on a "quest for fame, attention, and fortune."

The Johnstons say they have not been compensated for any of their media appearances.

Filed under: Levi Johnston • Sarah Palin
  1. obama/mama

Sarah needs to get off her hillbilly high horse and leave Bristol and Levi alone to make their own decisions. She seems very controlling. The horse is out of the barn and she should not stand in the way of Levi seeing his child.

April 8, 2009 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  2. Politically Incorrect

The Palins used Levi as a prop in the campaigan and threw him aside when it was done.

You don't have to look far to see other aspects of this type of explotation of people by the Palin family, or exploitation of their position of power in the state.

Americans never want people with these types of morals and ethics in national office.

April 8, 2009 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  3. Sharon- Birmingham, Al

The McCain-Palin campaign used this guy and now they are done and so is he. He was a tool just like Joe the – whatever- he is now.

April 8, 2009 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  4. MN Mom

Ummmm........the Palin family spokesman may want to come up with something other than that Johnston is on a "quest for fame, attention, and fortune". It seems like Palin is the pot calling the kettle black :):):) For goodness sakes Palin herself is on a "quest for fame, attention and fortune" - that is for sure!!!! It is OK for her to do it, but not for anyone else? Give me a break! She is the hugest hypocrite!

April 8, 2009 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  5. Mike Dallas

Since Palin was pregant when she married Todd and now Bristol, if I were Levi, I would insist on a paternity test.

Obviously "abstinence" is only a word to the Palin women.

Mercede makes an excellent point, Levi was ok when Bristol needed a "baby daddy" to trot out for all the world to see, but after the half-wit lost he is just excess baggage now.

How republican of Palin.

April 8, 2009 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  6. Lynn

Palin used Johnson as she dressed him up and paraded him onstage, and sprinkled hints of an upcoming wedding.

Sarah Palin is a user and an opportunist who is for earmarks and then against them, is against Stevens and then for him and pretends she is a model mother as she drags her children from one campaign after another using them a stage props.

This woman she never be near the White House!!

April 8, 2009 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  7. frank , pennsylvania

I have always doubted Sarah Palin's moral integrity from day one. It is all a "whitewash" conservatism, she is not genuinely conservative. This "whitewash" conservatism adopted by some politicians to score political points, eventually wears away, when the real truth emerges! We shall hear more about Sarah Palin in future!

April 8, 2009 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  8. Frank2

Poor Levi Wooten barracuda victim Johnston

April 8, 2009 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  9. Lisa Habmed

Good grief. This is not helping the young man's case if he really wants to see his son more. I hope Governor Palin does not respond with another foolish press release. Too much family drama.

April 8, 2009 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  10. djb

i have thought that the palin's were nothing more than white trash themselves from the beginning among other things for worse.

April 8, 2009 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  11. steve manhattan

if the guy helps care for the baby, he is alright by me. nothing else matters.

April 8, 2009 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  12. Erik in Real Pennsylvania

Snobby? Ha. The Palins are the height of redneck. This is Jerry Springer material. Thank goodness the nation wised up and didn't elect Sarah Palin as VP. What a cartoon. Sarah Palin is divisive, ignorant and self-serving: the perfect face for the "new" Republican Party.

April 8, 2009 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  13. His family IS trailer trash.....

just take a look at his mother and listen to her talk--this is white trash at it's lowest--

April 8, 2009 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  14. Greg in Colorado

If I were him I would be counting my blessing that I was off the ship before it sank. Levi, be thankful for the small blessings that come in small packages. Welcome to reality where people can't see Russia from their backyards and bridges actually go somewhere.

April 8, 2009 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  15. Cathy in AZ

The campaign used this young man and now all are paying the price. I feel badly for the baby as it seems the families are doing nothing to try to get along. That being said, somehow I believe the young man and I think the american public has had enough of the Sarah Palin show.
    Those of us in AZ should think long and hard about re-electing John McCain to the Senate – he is responsible for releasing Sarah Palin on center stage. What does that say about his judgement. Now we can't get her to just go back and govern Alaska and GO AWAY!

April 8, 2009 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  16. joe

He is just a young man he has a right to speak about it.... at least he doesn't have a spokesperson speaking for him unlike the palins

April 8, 2009 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  17. Freed_From_W

Not news.

April 8, 2009 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  18. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Sarah Palin was pregnant when she ran off and married Todd and now she is treating Levi like dirt. Sarah Palin used Levi for her own self serving purposes in order to present Bristol to the world as an "engaged pregnant teenager" and it was very obvious. It's ashame Levi didn't see that he was being used and Sarah Palin needs to apologize to this young man and stop hiding behind a "spokesperson". Sarah Palin has no "family values".

April 8, 2009 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  19. Hispanic in Dallas, TX

This uneducated young man should stop all this talk and get himself to work to help support his son; get an education and some common sense.

Looks like he's just trying to cash in and make some money. I'm sure his family needs it with his mom's legal problem, etc. etc.

Go home Levi and grow up!

April 8, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  20. Marissa

I think Levi should have been a gentleman and keep his mouth shut. That would be respectful to the mother of his child.

However I believe him. I think Sarah Palin is the biggest hypocrite I ever met. She keeps saying leave her family alone but exploits them more than any politician I ever saw. I do not blame Palin for Bristols pregnancy, the best families can have errors in judgement. I do blame her for thrusting her family in the spotlight over and over again for politcal gain then complaining when someone dares not make them out to be the "Brady Bunch" Levi your were used hon, go to college make a life for yourself , be a man and stay as much in your sons life as you can.

And count yourself lucky that Sarah Palin is NOT your mother in law

April 8, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  21. Sue M

This poor guy was used to make her unwed pregnant daughter look better in the eyes of the people, (making everyone think they were going to be married so it was OK) I would believe this kid before I believe Sarah Palin, what has this kid got to lose but for Sarah to have to admit that they let them live together, she stand to lose a lot more so she has got to LIE.........Sarah will probably try to keep this boy from being the Father of this child and use her POWERS of office as in Troopergate to keep him away.....

April 8, 2009 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  22. USMC - Mike

LOL

I'm glad the Palin family is all about finished ... Isn't their 15 mins of fame all about used up ?

April 8, 2009 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  23. Frank

Please–This guy is a bozo; that he is part of the "national agenda" is sickening. He's about as relevant as naked arms.

April 8, 2009 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  24. Salas

Just kinda vice presidential stuff we would have endured had she made it to WH.Whats wrong with freedom of speech!Guess its only meant for the pallin's,,,,,,,,,God bless america

April 8, 2009 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  25. Concerned citizen

Are we really suprised about this whole issue?Sarah Palin showed america what she is about during the campaign.
    Just another reason the republicans popularity sank to the floor.To think they STILL believe she is a contender?
    I'am a democrat and I love it! GOP self destructing!

April 8, 2009 10:44 am at 10:44 am |