April 8th, 2009

Johnston-Palin war of words continues

Johnston appeared on CBS Wednesday, his second national TV interview this week.
Johnston appeared on CBS Wednesday, his second national TV interview this week.

(CNN) – The war of words between the families of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and Levi Johnston doesn't appear to be letting up.

In an interview with CBS, Johnston sharply refuted the Palins' claim he was lying about being permitted to live with onetime fiancé Bristol Palin, and suggested the Palin family is now essentially treating him as an outcast.

"I'm just trying to get my side of the story out there and letting people know who I am," he said in the interview with CBS that aired Wednesday, adding that the biggest misconception about him is "probably that my family is white trash."

In the interview, his second national television sit-down in the last week, Johnston also said his relationship with Bristol Palin began to go deteriorate when Sarah Palin returned to Alaska after the presidential election in Alaska.

"I think when she got back is when it went downhill," he said. "They don't think of me the same way anymore."

Johnston also said he was "heartbroken" when the relationship ended but added "I got an amazing little boy out of it."

Johnston's sister Mercede, also taking part in the interview, was even harsher in her assessment of the Palins, saying they are downright "snobby."

"Look what they are doing," she said. "They are lying trying to save themselves. They are the ones that asked for it. They brought him to the campaign. They should have known what was coming."

In a statement issued earlier this week, Palin family spokesman Meghan Stapleton said Johnston and his family are on a "quest for fame, attention, and fortune."

The Johnstons say they have not been compensated for any of their media appearances.

Filed under: Levi Johnston • Sarah Palin
  1. Niki Birdsflight

The real Sarah Palin will slowly emerge as insiders come forth to tell their story. People like her cannot hide under a rock as they will say and do anything to win a popular campaign just to get where they want to be. Palin is a narcissistic, opportunistic and vicious human being. Her slaughter of the wolves and personal killing of magnificent animals tell all. She will at the end fade in the sunset as she licks her "wounds". Karma is right upon her by now.

April 8, 2009 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  2. Takeshi

so funny. The sister doesnt hold back. and hits the nail on the head. lol ahahahaahahaa. Straight up seen it coming. hahahaaha.

April 8, 2009 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  3. Ken

All that for family values. Family value GOP way. Tell that to the marines!

April 8, 2009 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  4. Entertaining yet sad...

On the one hand, I find this all extraordinarily entertaining given that I've had zero respect for Palin since the day she was named VP-candidate (admittedly I am a democrat, but there are definitely intelligent republican women who have my respect even if they'd not get my vote and she is NOT one of them). I also think Levi's sister makes a good point, Sarah thrust her pregnant 17-year old in the national spotlight when she could have declined mccain gracefully, remained governor, and tried for national politics in eight or twelve years. She put herself and these two high schoolers out in the media spotlight for her own political gain and now she's paying for it. That said, my heart goes out to both Bristol and Levi, they're way too young to be expected to deal with this all as mature adults especially given that the adults in both their lives are so utterly inept and immature themselves.

April 8, 2009 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  5. vanessa

None of the principals involved in this saga are the best that the US has to offer. That is the good and the bad news.

April 8, 2009 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  6. Corey W

Enough already she will never make it to national elected office. This county know better than that. GO Obama.....

April 8, 2009 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  7. obama/mama

If I were Levi, I would let the courts deal with it. I would not trust Sarah as far as you can see Russia from Alaska. The woman is despicable. Devil in sheep's clothing. She is so vindictive and I'm sure she will do everything in her powers to try and ruin his life. Sarah needs parenting classes.

April 8, 2009 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  8. SC girl

This is a normal family, but I think Bristol and Levi should have been left to their own lives. There is too much interference from both families, including Mercedes. All young couples have problems, but if their families aren't there to take sides, then the young couples usually work things out just like the rest of us always did. They all need to quit communicating throught TV! Immature on all of their parts.

April 8, 2009 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  9. Scott from DC

This is not news...., who cares about any of them, Palin, Levi, or Bristol...there thousands of families like this and worst...

They get no feelings from me at all....

April 8, 2009 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  10. gl, Pittsburgh

And this I believe becasue there was notmore use for the kid after Sara lost.

April 8, 2009 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  11. Mary

Well, when you exploit your own child then you should consider the possible consequences. Scary Sarah needs to leave them alone and let them work out visitation for their baby. How could she possibly imagine she could dictate the outcome of a teenage romance...jeez. Good luck to all three children...and Sarah...just go away!

April 8, 2009 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  12. Steve C. - Atlanta, GA

LOL....loveing it....reap what you sow....true colors always come out....Sarah Palin is one big huge GOP mistake....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make her your candidate in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 8, 2009 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  13. Proud American

I still say settle the entire thing on Jerry Springer. Thank God this Moron (Palin) and her Idiot sidekick (McCain) lost the election. Are all Alaskans this stupid?

April 8, 2009 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  14. A self-righteous Canadian

A snob? No, she's the "Down-to-Earth" "Hockey-mom-next-door" "Jill Sixpack", remember?

Sure, she might have all those religious exculsionist views (homosexual? You dont deserve equal rights. Belief in evolutionist theory? Not in MY schools), and she might believe anyone not on her side of the isle is patently un-American, but that hardly makes her a SNOB.

Now those Obamas, with their pro-bono work and community outreach, THOSE are snobs. I mean, come on. All those fancy words they use and on topic responses they give, they obviously have nothing in common with AVERAGE americans.

So, just to be clear: Republicans who feel comfortable excluding those who are not just like them but speak poorly = Average joes. Democrats who offer temperance and civil concern but speak well = snobs.

Remember your talking points, people. [/end sarcasm]

April 8, 2009 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  15. Cori

The Palin's are the biggest hypocrites to waltz along into the GOP since the outgoing Bush's. Unbelievable!!!

They have absolutely no morals or family values, and I believe Levi when he states the Palin's have become "snobs". You could see that coming a mile away. So much for the image of "soccer mom". They are all deceitful, lying hypocrites!

April 8, 2009 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  16. obama/mama

Robin April 8th, 2009 10:49 am ET

He is a punk.

Girls get pregnant, people break up. You do not go on National T.V and trash your child's mother. He is reaching for something, I'm not sure what. Sarah Palin, (who I like) should not respond to this young man's statements. He IS White Trash.

Levi, sit down and be quiet. Go to school or join the military and support your son
    __________________________________________________

He is probably looking to see his kid. I would be upset too if I felt used and just thrown away once the campaign was over. Sarah is a witch

April 8, 2009 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  17. RB, Sonoma County, CA

Thank God this family isn't in the White House. Hooray for us! We made the RIGHT choice. Of course, the only people surprised by this are those who voted for this microcephalic moron.

April 8, 2009 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  18. Dial

Bristol and/or Levi are a non-issue. Shame on the TV people who air this stuff. WHO CARES?????

April 8, 2009 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  19. Marek

I think it is Palin and her family who are white trash. It is her responsibility to educate her children about contraception and safe sex! It doesn't look like these words exist in her republican dictionary. America has the highest teen pregnancy and STD in the entire civilized world and Palin is just a horrible role model. We need smarter people in the office. The only good think about Palin running again is unbelievably funny SNL ... I kind of miss that.

April 8, 2009 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  20. rin

well atleast he is finding a way to support his child by making tv appearences! LOL

April 8, 2009 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  21. Adios Palin

If Levi has broken the cycle of shot-gun weddings for the Palin Clan in Alaska, he has done a service to the country :)

That Gov Palin feels the need to respond via press releases and lower herself to this level as if the rest of the country cares.... I think McCain should be ashamed that he didn't really research this VP option very well before launching her on us.

She needs to stop – and let this kid be the dad that he is capable of being rather than just another sperm donor.

April 8, 2009 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  22. Sally

Two totally immature families. The poor baby: Condemned at conception.

April 8, 2009 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  23. Amy from Queens

cue the banjo music...

April 8, 2009 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  24. Travis In Colorado

Levi, you break up with your girlfriend, who is the mother of your child, and you go on t.v. and get into an inter-family argument? But you're saying you're not white trash? I think you are, and I'm white. You need to grow up, get a job, or go back to school, or do SOMETHING constructive. It doesn't matter if the Palin family is snobby, who cares? Will that help fix anything? No. Will this get you a job? No. You need to grow up, take charge of your life, help take care of your kid, and stop throwing your little temper tantrum. Stop being a show boat, no one cares. People are really looking down on you.

April 8, 2009 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  25. Dave

This entire mess is just one more indication of what a disaster Sarah Palin would have been should she have become Vice President. It
    amazes me that this moron can actually get out of bed in the morning without detailed instructions.

April 8, 2009 10:58 am at 10:58 am |