April 8th, 2009

Johnston-Palin war of words continues

Johnston appeared on CBS Wednesday, his second national TV interview this week.
Johnston appeared on CBS Wednesday, his second national TV interview this week.

(CNN) – The war of words between the families of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and Levi Johnston doesn't appear to be letting up.

In an interview with CBS, Johnston sharply refuted the Palins' claim he was lying about being permitted to live with onetime fiancé Bristol Palin, and suggested the Palin family is now essentially treating him as an outcast.

"I'm just trying to get my side of the story out there and letting people know who I am," he said in the interview with CBS that aired Wednesday, adding that the biggest misconception about him is "probably that my family is white trash."

In the interview, his second national television sit-down in the last week, Johnston also said his relationship with Bristol Palin began to go deteriorate when Sarah Palin returned to Alaska after the presidential election in Alaska.

"I think when she got back is when it went downhill," he said. "They don't think of me the same way anymore."

Johnston also said he was "heartbroken" when the relationship ended but added "I got an amazing little boy out of it."

Johnston's sister Mercede, also taking part in the interview, was even harsher in her assessment of the Palins, saying they are downright "snobby."

"Look what they are doing," she said. "They are lying trying to save themselves. They are the ones that asked for it. They brought him to the campaign. They should have known what was coming."

In a statement issued earlier this week, Palin family spokesman Meghan Stapleton said Johnston and his family are on a "quest for fame, attention, and fortune."

The Johnstons say they have not been compensated for any of their media appearances.

Filed under: Levi Johnston • Sarah Palin
  1. MrRevolution

The whole thing is a big joke. I don't have much respect for either party. Pregnancy before marriage is a sin according to "High Values" conservatives. I am glad that we did not elect McCain to presidency otherwise Palin would be running the country into Alaskan ground by now. So much for conservative values.

April 8, 2009 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  2. once upon a horse

never have been a fan of Gov Palin, but this is basically tabloid type stuff and really has no bearing on what's going on in our country today. All this does is soup of the Palin-haters and gives them something more to laugh at her about. Just watch the number of responses this story gets. I think it's time to move on from the Palins and let them go to the tabloids where this kind of stuff belongs.

April 8, 2009 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  3. P. from Carolina

I think this whole things could have been avoided if candidate for V.P. Palin had left her daughter at home and this poor young man out of the spotlight. It is unfortunate that these two young people were paraded out in front of the public, and when this young man was no longer needed to make the candidate look good, he was discarded. Let these two young people go back to being young, let them grow up and raise their young son, and stay out of the public limelight. Governor Palin, shame on you. Don't use your child as a prop for your own political gain. Let Bristol and Levi be young and please all of you think of this young baby who has to grow up with both families.

April 8, 2009 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  4. NK?

He was Used, and I said it over, and over again during the campagin. Levi, should just stay away from them altogether. Pay the Support and obtain a lawyer to get visitation rights away from the Palins. '

Who care about Sarah Palin – she is a goner! The Pregnancy would have been hidden longer if Sarah Palin had it her way. John McCain should be ashamed for putting this nutcase in front of the world to see with all this drama she has going on in her own life.

I’m still amazed that she’s a governor – but I guess the voters didn’t realize she was so far out of her league. Skipping debates, and Leg. meetings just because she doesn’t have the “First Dude” there to give his talking points is a true sign of her ineptness! What a Shame. I really feel sorry for Levi, and I do believe him – Look at what happen to her ex brother in-law. He looked so uncomfortable with them and I knew all of that crap Sarah Palin was saying was a lie!

I do hope there is another party stewing because the republican's are losing ground fast with dimwits like Sarah Palin. This is not the party of family values and morales anymore Sarah Palin and a few others have destroyed that notion.

April 8, 2009 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  5. MW in MD

Every night I watch "All My Children" and right now that show is tame compared to "All My Palins". Family values? What a joke!

April 8, 2009 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  6. Laverne

Everybody keep saying the Palins and Levi are a non issue and CNN should stop reporting on them. However, these people continue to inject themselves in the media doing interviews and giving statements. They all need to just take a chill pill and stop talking to the media about personal stuff. It is unfortunate that Levi is doing the old "kiss and tell" thing, but I guess he feel the need to defend himself. I hope Bristol stays in school and do not have another child under the same circumstances. She is a grown woman now and we all should respect that. I hope little Willow and Piper won't go down the same road.

April 8, 2009 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  7. Tess

Doesn't Levi realize the word does not care who he is?He is using this for his own hour of fame.

April 8, 2009 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  8. Ed from PA

JERRY
    JERRY
    JERRY

April 8, 2009 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  9. Ghost

What's really funny is if she actually wound up in the white house. I can see McCain trying to have a press conferencee, yet being interrupted by Levi and Bristol having another arguement. Or worse, him coming by on every other weekend to pick up his son.

How embarrasing!

April 8, 2009 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  10. Cynthia - Arkansas

Can we go one day without having to hear about her? The election is over! Move on.

April 8, 2009 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  11. Sniffit

Could Palin be any more obvious about trying to set up this poor guy for losing any custody of his child? Just wait until the papers are filed in the probate court...then we'll really see how much she's willing to ruin her career.

April 8, 2009 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  12. Jason

All I can say is "wow".

I'm so glad the grown-ups are running the country.

Stick a fork in these people; they're done.

April 8, 2009 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  13. Maggie from Virginia

The bible say's "you reap what you sow". If Sarah was a true Christian, she would have known this.

April 8, 2009 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  14. Ophelie

The soap opera continues. Any comments, those of you who wished this nitwit was elected Vice President of this country ?

April 8, 2009 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  15. palins bad

palin used Levi as long as it was to her advantage, but when she used him up, he was cast out like the garbage, in some of the pictures during the campaign it looked like she was trying to seduce him, he needs to tell his side, it's his right.

April 8, 2009 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  16. Alexis

What does drugs have to do with white trash? Anyway, I think this is great. All that Levi is trying to do is defend himself. Mrs. Palin didn't like the media knowing he was allowed to live with them, so as far as I can judge, she is lying about it to cover her butt. Nothing wrong with Levi throwing up the red flag and defending himself.

April 8, 2009 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  17. Barry

The press needs to move on. I don't understand why this kid still has a public platform.

April 8, 2009 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  18. Jackie

Sarah Palin is an immature fame seeking incompetent idiot. Who is the adult here???????

April 8, 2009 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  19. Joanna

I bet Sarah is trying to keep him away from the baby after she failed at using her daughter, grandson and babies dad during the campaign for her personal fame and fortune. But it didn't work out for her so now she seeks vengeance on an 18 yr old. These poor kids. Sarah should show some maturity and do what is best for all these kids. Normal people deal with this all the time. A teen gets pregnant, many times the relationship fails and than compromises must be meet for the baby. Stop using these kids Sarah!!!! A real politician would not justify any of this. It is personal, keep it that way. You Sarah are bringing the drama. please do not blame this o anyone but yourself!!

April 8, 2009 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  20. thanks, but no thanks

Scary to think that she was this close to the White House and Presidency. Shame on M'Cain for playing with the future of this country for his political ambitions. l can not trust him anymore....

April 8, 2009 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  21. geecee

Can anyone imagine what this country (let alone the entire world) would be like if McCain/Palin had won this election? We'd be living a soap opera with a not very happy ending for certain. At least we can look forward to having things get better and turning around in a few months to a year. Palin wouldn't have a clue, she'd be too busy trying to control her family life – although now that I think about it, it does have some comparisons to the War in Iraq now, doesn't it??

April 8, 2009 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  22. Don in Albuquerque

Does anybody really care who he is, and is this really news. I thought "The Guiding Light" was off now.

April 8, 2009 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  23. matthew

Yeah, you would think they were snobby is you are a scumbag. Here's a hint Levi, when a thought enters your head, you don't have to say it aloud. Even a fool is wise when his mouth is closed.

April 8, 2009 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  24. stick with it, the Palins are wrong

but they do have a lot of hot air, so you need to be in it for the long run and you may get fired from your job a couple of times

April 8, 2009 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  25. SayNoToRepublicans

This story is not news worthy, however, Sarah Palin is the epitome of what the Republican party is all about: bigotry, greed, war mongering, forcing their religion onto others and no compassion for other human beings. Sarah Palin fits the Republican's deceitful and disgusting agenda perfectly.

April 8, 2009 11:11 am at 11:11 am |