April 8th, 2009

The Obamas 'secret weapon'

(CNN) – CNN's Erica Hill looks at the special relationship between Michelle Obama and her mother, Marian Robinson.

Filed under: Michelle Obama
  1. go cheryl go

She raised an outstanding daughter!!! Thank you MOM.

April 8, 2009 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  2. Jackie in Dallas

You know what constitutes news? The fact that we have a First Family that demonstrates the best of the ideals of this country. No, normally I wouldn't say a story about the First Lady and the First Mother-in-Law is a big news story, but the fact that Michelle's mother is making it possible for both the President and First Lady to perform their jobs without leaving their kids with a nanny or taking them out of school and dragging them along is good.

April 8, 2009 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  3. FAMILY VALUES

Although this is not news worthy, it is great to see that they are as normal as a lot of other families in this country. Their down to earth lifestyle and family values is what makes this First Family so appealing to Americans and the rest of the world. This is not to say past First Families were not but this is very refreshing to see. Laura Bush or the Bush family were like the Brits, stiff upper lip. Bush 1 regarding family was when he landed on the White House lawn and the grandchildren came running to meet them without knowing the microphone was on and he was heard say "Oh those are my Brown grandchild". That is what I remember with regards to their family values. Then there are the twins, OMG party party party, guess you can say that was very normal for girls their age and being First Daughters didn't mean anything to them how to carry themselves. Must have been a Secret Service nightmare to keep up with them

April 8, 2009 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  4. my

this is great they love each other so much..
    I love my mom dearly, but she lives in Europe, she is 83 and I cannot even afford to visit her.....I cannot take her here – how I would pay her medical bills? I just wish I could see her again....it breaks my heart

April 8, 2009 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  5. Democratic Women Rule!!!

I love the democratic mother-daughter dyads. Another awesome example of this is the mother-daughter relationship of Chelsea and Hillary Clinton.

Has anyone ever seen Laura Bush with her daughters? Guess not – they were too busy getting drunk and getting caught for it under-age. Well....like father, like daughters!

April 8, 2009 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  6. Chris

The Palins want to know if they can borrow the "Secret Weapon!" Things aren't going as well in the Alaska governor's mansion. :-)

April 8, 2009 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  7. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

You can't help but love this family.

April 8, 2009 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |