April 9th, 2009

Clinton team offers American Idol tickets to backers

Hillary Clinton's camp is offering up a 'once in a lifetime opportunity' to her supporters: American Idol season finale tickets.

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton's camp is offering up a "once in a lifetime opportunity" to her supporters: American Idol season finale tickets.

In an e-mail sent to online supporters on the former democratic presidential candidate's e-mail list serve, democratic strategist James Carville solicited donations from backers to help Clinton pay off her campaign debt.

A contribution will enter participants in a contest to win one of three prizes: a day attending events with former President Bill Clinton followed by "your own special weekend" in New York City, a lunch and political conversation in DC with Democratic political strategists James Carville and Paul Begala, or the chance to attend the American Idol season finale in Los Angeles.

"Your contribution today not only gives you the chance at winning one of these fantastic prizes – it'll also help our dear friend, Hillary Clinton, pay off the very last of her campaign debt," Carville appeals in the e-mail.

Upon suspending her campaign in June 2008, Clinton's debt peaked at $25.2 million, but has since dropped to less than $6 million.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Popular Posts
  1. Ed

With the Liberals we're going from sick to sicker (or dumb to dumber)! But thankfully this national nightmare will be over in 2012!

April 9, 2009 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  2. Kathryn

I'm almost speechless, but I am certainly not surprised. Still owe, Hillary? Well, welcome to the real world. We all owe more than we can ever pay, and Erkel is raising taxes and giving our jobs to the illegals. Stand in line, lady!!!!!!!!!!

April 9, 2009 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  3. Are you kidding me?

I just had to use some of my retirement money to pay off some of my debt. Why in the world would I help a wealthy woman who did not have the sense to get out of the race when she was clearly losing is beyond me. Someone that cannot determine when to stop spending money that they don't have should not have ever been considered a worthy candidate for presidency.

April 9, 2009 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  4. ana

good for her!

April 9, 2009 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  5. not a large incentive

I hate that show, I think that sounds like a booby prize

April 9, 2009 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  6. jocw2

Is this for real? I had to check the date on the calendar to make sure it wasn't April Fool's Day.

April 9, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |