April 13th, 2009

'Bo' runs the WH halls with President Obama

ALT TEXT

Photo Credit: White House

Filed under: President Obama
  1. bibi

What a lovely picture. I love seeing photographs of the American President.

April 13, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  2. Mississippi Mike

B.O. and his dog Bo get more news coverage than the pathetic statement put out by the UN Security Council on the North Korean missile. Truly pathetic.

April 13, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  3. James

What a cutie! Before the "RIGHT" starts attacking our great president over the puppy...

There are young children in the White House...The Obamas are a FAMILY...and its always exciting as a FAMILY to get the first time pet , that is now the new member of the FAMILY.

Hello Right, you talk about FAMILY VALUES....Here it is in our White House!

April 13, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  4. Beth

My gosh those dogs have big paws. Cute pic...go Bo go!! :-)

April 13, 2009 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  5. Laura, Boston MA

He is so cute...but he looks so big in that picture!

April 13, 2009 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  6. Terry

I bet that's gonna be more his dog than Sasha and Malia. They'll have to get something else.

April 13, 2009 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  7. Sharon

I love this picture!! Obama's are a young active family which they should enjoy to the fullest. Obama girls are probably so excited. Many congratulations to them. Special thanks to the Kennedy family who acquired this second chance great pet dog, took him in, arranged for obedience training, and ultimately gave him to Obama's as a gift. Kennedys and Obamas have become good friends. And Kennedys love their own dogs of this same non-allergenic breed. Such a nice gesture by the Kennedys. This little rescue/second chance dog will be a joy!! How lucky this little guy was to have been bred by such a responsible good breeder. I give my utmost respect and gratitude to this breeder for taking total responsibility for all puppies she breeds. If all people who breed were like this breeder we would find no unwanted animals in our shelters.

Now Bo will live in the white house!! Go Bo!! And President Obama kept his promise about getting a rescue dog. Heard Obamas are giving a donation to local DC Humane Society. Great news!

April 13, 2009 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  8. kncjr

I don't care what Newt GinGrinch says. I like the news about Bo.

April 13, 2009 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  9. Danny

That is quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen.

The White House finally has life to it!

April 13, 2009 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  10. Kate,Saratoga Springs, New York

I love to see the President and First Family with a new dog.

As always, President Obama, did the right thing. He wanted to go to a shelter and rescue a dog, but one of the girls (Sasha I think) is allergic so they had to get a dog she would not be allergic too.

In reading the story it looks like Bo – aka Charlie is really a rescue. He needed a new home and the Obama's gave him a great one.

As a owner of (3) dogs myself it is wonderful to see! My wish is for them to have long and happy lives together. Great idea for Senator Kennedy to give them this most precious gift.

By the way Newt – GET A LIFE! This story is just a feel good human/dog interest story that democrats and republicans can feel good about. Leave it to that idot to make stupid comments.

April 13, 2009 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  11. New Mexican

How marvelous! It's great to see the President playing with his family dog. In spite of the enormous challenges on several fronts, it's a well-balanced person who can take a few minutes to play and relax. America is in good hands. And that dog is just cute, cute, cute.

April 13, 2009 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  12. Steph

I hope this pooch is better behaved that the last "first dog"!

April 13, 2009 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  13. MADJID

Looks just nice.

April 13, 2009 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  14. Sandy

Hey folks, let's dial it down a notch.
    Yes, the Obamas weren't able to get a dog that would suit their daughter's allergies. I have worked in a shelter, and sometimes that "dream" dog (or even "dreamier") puppy is a long, long time coming.
    The Obamas have promised to make a generous donation to a shelter, which is more than fair.
    So, get over yourselves, and let's enjoy the new "first puppy Bo".
    Welcome, welcome, welcome!
    (and this is from someone with Siamese cats!|)

April 13, 2009 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  15. Anne E.

Heartwarming, and priceless.

April 13, 2009 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  16. NJ gal

Bo may officially belong to Sasha and Melia but I have a feeling that Bo is going to be President Obama's best friend.

April 13, 2009 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  17. Grace Nkubana

The name Bo–is the dog's name actually Barack Obama?

April 13, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  18. Kim

Too cute. I'm sure people will comment about how silly this is and how this isn't news, but First Pets have always enjoyed the attention of the press and the American people. Welcome, Bo!!

April 13, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  19. Shar

Happy days are here again! This is great to see our leader not having the mully grubs. This will trickle down. You wait and see. This is a great family!

April 13, 2009 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  20. Republicans Suck

Newt Gingrich ain't going to like this one bit.

April 13, 2009 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  21. Deb Osborne

I am very happy with "BO' although I do like Diddley. I hope the girls like him, he looks curly and soft with the kind of hair you run your fingers through. I hope their next dog will be from a rescue group.

April 13, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  22. B in Pittsburgh

Dogs are so good for the mind and the soul. I'm so happy to see the Obamas enjoying the companionship of the newest member of their family.

April 13, 2009 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  23. Bev - NYC

I thought this was a pet for the girls. The President seems to be getting pretty attached.

April 13, 2009 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  24. nelson

cute photo, I really like dogs... they are so faithful. I wish that could be said for a lot of politico's and their hidden agenda's

April 13, 2009 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  25. femi

I love this president. So real and human. may God guide him. Hope Bo will be a good pal with the girls.

April 13, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |