April 15th, 2009

Blagojevich hoping to appear in NBC reality show

Blagojevich has inked a deal to appear on an NBC reality show, if a judge allows.

(CNN) – Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's career as a politician appears to be over, but a new career in the world of reality television could just be beginning.

The impeached former governor has inked a deal to appear on an NBC celebrity-themed reality show, assuming a federal judge allows him to travel as his criminal charges remain pending, the network said in a statement.

The upcoming show, called I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!, pits 10 celebrities in a Costa Rican village for a month while they battle each other in competitions and put their survival skills to the test. The show will air nightly and viewers will have the final say on which celebrities have to go home early.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the financially-strained Blagojevich stands to make $80,000 a week for his appearance on the show. Blagojevich's attorney will soon make a formal request that the former governor be allowed to travel outside of the country for the gig, the Tribune also reported.

An ill-fated earlier iteration of the show ran on ABC six years ago, when the celebrity cast included Melissa Rivers, Bruce Jenner, and Tyson Beckford. Chris Judd, the onetime husband of Jennifer Lopez, won the competition that year. The show drew little attention then and was not renewed.

Blagojevich, who was impeached and removed from office earlier this year, pleaded not guilty to federal corruption charges Tuesday. A federal grand jury indicted him this month on 16 felony counts, including racketeering, conspiracy, wire fraud and making false statements to investigators.i

Filed under: Rod Blagojevich
  1. Arlene, Roselle, Illinois

This is the same guy with the $ 5.00 hair and a .05 cent brain.

April 15, 2009 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  2. daniel cabrera

here is a thought;

Gov Bagojevich from Illinois ( fromer governor ) is in’ deep waters’….he is, for everybody knows A PRODUCT FROM THE CHICAGO CORRUPTED POLITICAL ATMOSPHERE ,…many others as well are in the same predicament but they still hidden from the public , (for now ) oh! yes , because the american people ARE NOT IGNORANTS,…so, logic dictate that all has to be ventilated in due time.
    I think that the governor should and must try to take down with him,…try to take down with him AS MANY AS HE POSSIBLY CAN. Number of his suposely ‘friends’ gave him the back and some even stabbed-back at him.
    Legal procedings started ! so,.., IS WAR TO THE END ! ,…so logic dictates that he should uncovered all those individuals ( some of them already in Washington in the new administration) name them, so the public will know them for real,…EVEN IF IN THE PROCESS, PRES OBAMA FALLS IN THE MIX TOO,…AFTER ALL HE IS PRODUCT OF THE SAME CHICAGO-CORRUPTED POLILTICAL ATMOSPHERE,…so, should Obama is one of the ones to go down ,…that will not take me for surprise at all !,….AND NOBODY, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY !, SHOULD BE SURPRISED FOR THAT, NEITHER.
    Should Blagojevich choose to promote the unveiling of the total tapestry related to this MEGA-CORRUPTION THAT STARTS IN CHICAGO AND IS SPREADED THROUGH ALL UNITED STATES. In doing so, Blagojevich will be serving to his country exempllarily ,… then AS RESULT, the return to his credibility could start to raise.

April 15, 2009 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  3. Laurie in Spokane

Blagojevich and Sarah Palin should be paired on a reality show. What a great comedy that would be.

April 15, 2009 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  4. daniel cabrera

Few words from Blagojevich will be enough to start the downfall of Obama and his gang,...Obama is also a product from the SAME Chicago corrupted political atmosphere.

April 15, 2009 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  5. daniel cabrera

In view of something so unexpected, I have to admit that, although nothing takes me for surprise, there are times when out of the ordinary events take place, Specifally, some of my writtings are posted on this blog,Very curious thing,..or I spoke too soon?....we will see.

April 15, 2009 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  6. Dan

How can you call it a reality show? How many of us are in public office and commit crimes of his nature. Yea, I feel like it is reality to me, just like all the other "Reality" shows out there. I remember when I got stuck on an island with other people and then got voted off one day. Or when I was give all kinds of money to go race around the world and do crazy activities. Oh and just last week, I was in a house with 30 women and got to go on extravigant dates with each one and then decide which one I wanted to give a rose to.

All realities to me. What a waste.

April 15, 2009 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  7. Jack Jodell, Minneapolis, MN

I hope he'll end up broadcasting from his jail cell!

April 15, 2009 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  8. FreeNLovIt

I didnt vote for Blago but I do like the man. He's a good man. I cant believe that right after they kicked him out, both DONKEYS AND ELPHANTS joined hands to RAISE taxes on IL residents. He's a good man. He tried to make pills more affordable. THe pills from here arent any better than the ones in Canada.

April 15, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  9. FreeNLovIt

Blago is a SAINT next to Chen ey and Rove... so give me a break!

April 15, 2009 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  10. FreeNLovIt

I LOVE AMERICA!!! Innocent until proven guilty.

April 15, 2009 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  11. atypical

and he is seeking noteriety and compensation for his infamous noteriety. what we won't do for money. and we give prositutes a hard time. go figure.

it's difficult to find many who aren't willing to prosititute themselves in some way or another; perhaps that is why we make traditional prostitutes the scapegoat.

looking forward to the day when the prevailing mindset that life is money and money is life starts to crumble. . . .and it is coming.

"Nunti Sunya"

April 15, 2009 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  12. RNC = DNC = politics as usual

So let me get this straight.

In real life he lied and lived in a fantasy world.

Now he is in "reality" on a fabricated TV show.

The world is officially crazy.

April 15, 2009 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  13. Terry, TX

Yeah....it would be NBC....I am sure Stephanopolous, Rahm Emmanuel and Immelt are trying to pass some money to him....you know the good old Chicago boy ties.

April 15, 2009 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  14. Ken, Centreville, VA

Costa Rica, great idea. GET HIM OUT OF HERE . . . !

April 15, 2009 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  15. daniel girlyman

"Fluff sells", as the truth is covered over.Just try posting something that is relevant and truthful,it wont happen.News about Blago and Palin sells AD time.

April 15, 2009 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  16. Ambrose Smith, Borrego Springs, California

It's official.

NBC has JUMPED THE SHARK !!

April 15, 2009 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  17. MB Seattle

Spare me. I know too much about this guy already. He is not ready for the national stage. Any network that pus him on is desperate to say the least.

He has had his 15 minutes of fame. This says something about NBC's programing. You can buy this train wreck for next to nothing or invest in quality programing like ER.

April 15, 2009 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  18. Tom

The Republicans are sending Democrats virtual "tea bags" and Blago is going to do a reality show. What a bunch of whacko's

April 15, 2009 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  19. Sniffit

Dude needs a generous injection of Thorazine and a few months in a psychiatric ward.

April 15, 2009 11:59 am at 11:59 am |