April 23rd, 2009

Obama to hold prime time 100th-day news conference

WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Barack Obama will hold a prime time news conference next week, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs announced Thursday.

The news conference, set for 8 p.m. ET Wednesday, will be held on Obama's 100th day in office.

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Obama Victim

has this guy ever seen a camera he doesn't like??

April 23, 2009 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  2. Tulsa

Can't wait. Keep us informed and keep up the good work Mr. President.

April 23, 2009 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  3. Right Leaning Independent

Not again!!! Stop already....

April 23, 2009 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  4. Lynn

Great job, Mr President!! Always talk directly to us and stand up to your critics!! Now what is CNN going to do with their "report card"???

April 23, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  5. Markus

This might be significant except for the fact that Obama appears weekly, dutifully reading off his teleprompter, to a national or international audience. I know that, like John Candy's character in the movie Splash, he's sticking with what works for him, but the real job at hand isn't perpetually communicating with the American people during prime time. It's addressing the real problems we face: national defense (can you count how many enemies we have?), the economic crisis, and the general business climate that needs to be restored. (No, prosecuting the former administration in a revenge-trial or glad handing dictators is not a real national priority... nor is interrupting the Simpsons.)

April 23, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  6. jeff

I am personally getting sick and tired of seeing hiom on TV all the time

April 23, 2009 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  7. Mississippi Mike

Great, maybe he can explain his magical plan for paying off the huge debt he's created while simultaneously cutting our national debt in half and not raising taxes for 95% of Americans. He should also address why he doesn't see anything wrong with tax cheats in his cabinet and why the world's leaders have no respect for his abilities.

That's a press conference I would watch.

April 23, 2009 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  8. Dr. George Kerford

President Obama has far surpassed the expectations that I had for his first hundred days. Though I did vote for him, I expected a bit slower start for his administration. They are bringing the "Change" he promised during the campaign and I applaud them.

April 23, 2009 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  9. munchmom

Oh good grief, is it showtime again????

April 23, 2009 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  10. phili

Well he has done more then his predecessor during his one-hundred day. I am happy with the things he is done thus far. But I would like to tackle health care and education as he promised.

April 23, 2009 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  11. SLM

Hopefully he is done with his Bush Bashing and I inherited it speeches. His policies have made things worse and will continue to do so if he doesn't change them. He owns the economy. Recessions usually cycle through, but Obama needs to make changes to his policy or this will be a longer recession than necessary.

April 23, 2009 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  12. RanDe

Of course there will be a primetime 100 day news conference, It will be a celebration. with trumpets white pillars read carpets and a gold plated podium. Barack Obama is a rock star, a superstar a political sensation, a modern-day Caesar. I would not be surprised that Barack Obama thought in his own mind. that he is a God....so you better watch.

April 23, 2009 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  13. Rick in OP

Is there any possibility that Obama’s immense ego might agree to his news conferences being conducted during normal business hours? He is not my idea of “prime time programming”.

April 23, 2009 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  14. Brenda Scott

Greetings!...I believe all those who travel with God reach their ,destination.Well my fellow Americans, President Barack Obama!
    This man is The people's President...He has stepped up and is The Commander-In Chief..Oh!...Yes, America is gaining world-wide-respect,..and we enjoy The Obama's.,from the Bo, the family's dog, to the great speaker,Obama!.....They are intelligent, nice-looking real -americans,great family,Michelle,Malia and Sasha,President is so likeable,real, ...100 days...equals for more years,smile,America,2012 is not that far away,baby!
    Ms. Scott...Tallahassee,Florida

April 23, 2009 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  15. RealityKing

I smell another media coverup on the way...

April 23, 2009 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  16. Enlightened Voter

President Obama could retire tomorow with the legacy that he has done more positive in his first 100 days than any other president in history! Hoorah Pres Obama!

April 23, 2009 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  17. katiec

CNN
    You have posted 300 comments about Levi, but have posted none about the important subjects.

April 23, 2009 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  18. Dee, NJ

Pres "O", Thank you! 100 days you did is more than Jr over 8 yr. U have my vote 2012!

April 23, 2009 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  19. FreeNLovIt

He MOvED too slow. He should have been President back in September already... hee..hee..

April 23, 2009 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  20. worriedmom

why,why,why This man loves to be on television. i have never seen a president do so many prime time slots. oh well, will be watching a cable show. This is getting old.

April 23, 2009 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  21. Mike in MN

I have a question for the Obama press conference.
    What in the heck are you going to do about the $9.3 trillion in deficits all your wonderfull spending will create?
    OK, I already know the answer. The Republicans ran a deficit over the previous 8 years one third the size of mine, so no one should even be asking me this quesition. And I inherited a deficit for this year, poor me(he won't say he add more on top of it). And I eill cut it in half in 2013 (won't mention it is still bigger than any deficit in any of the Bush 8 years, and will pass over the fact that they start going up again in 2014). And it's not my fault(meaning he doesn't know how to bring the deficits under control or does not want to, but no one else is in a positon to do anything about them).

April 23, 2009 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  22. Nini

Mr. President I don’t remember a time that this country was more divided.

Mr. President you are taking a path that could possibly shake the foundations of our democracy.

I am concern for my Country.

God bless America.

April 23, 2009 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  23. WIlly Brown

This guy is just full of himself isn't he?

April 23, 2009 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  24. PatriotSon

Obama's 100th day mark should be a national day of mourning. The next generation is in an unsustainable tax and spend situation that they will never be able to reduce. I didn't say that the Office of Budget Management said it.

April 23, 2009 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  25. K

Why should that day be any different? Every time I turn my TV on that man's face is plastering all over it with him babbling on incessantly! The sound of his used car salesman voice resounds in my head even while asleep! Spew it Obama, the throngs of fans will hang on your every word and you know it!

April 23, 2009 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |